Pages: 1 ... 2657 2658 2659 [2660] 2661 2662 2663 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9034757 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #39885 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 07:39:17 »

Boo saying something about getting a permanent deal done for Tyler Smith.

I don't know if that's something he's supposedly heard or just a wish.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #39886 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 07:56:05 »

Surely the wages would be a massive stumbling block, he must be on a fair whack come from the Prem.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Panda Paws

« Reply #39887 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 08:10:20 »

Surely the wages would be a massive stumbling block, he must be on a fair whack come from the Prem.

Out of contract in the summer and been there for years, right back to their League 1 and Champ days. Not out of the question you'd imagine, and would be a really shrewd move all round I tihnk.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #39888 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 09:37:57 »

Would make sense if we are looking at bringing in another loan player
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39889 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 09:45:40 »

Quote from: Nijholts Nuts

unless sheff u  do a deal and pay up his contract (or part of).
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #39890 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 13:33:10 »

Boo saying something about getting a permanent deal done for Tyler Smith.

I don't know if that's something he's supposedly heard or just a wish.

He has also said

‘Surely its gott to be friday’ with a video of Trump having a jig
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #39891 on: Sunday, October 11, 2020, 09:28:44 »

Nixon says we are dragging our feet in the Gotts deal
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39892 on: Sunday, October 11, 2020, 09:30:27 »

Wages maybe

So, give no fucks
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #39893 on: Sunday, October 11, 2020, 10:23:08 »

Definitely  need a another striker before the deadline.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #39894 on: Sunday, October 11, 2020, 11:09:10 »

I think the response to yesterday's defeat has generally been excessively gloomy which probably owes mainly to unrealistic expectations as to our prospects for the season. One positive was Grounds who seems reliable at CB - pretty important given Baudry, Fryers and Conroy's injury proneness.

Given Wellens's preference for pressing, I'm not sure Pitman is a very astute signing as this isn't something he appears very good at. Doyle was very good at pressing and much more mobile.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39895 on: Sunday, October 11, 2020, 11:12:00 »

I think the response to yesterday's defeat has generally been excessively gloomy which probably owes mainly to unrealistic expectations as to our prospects for the season. One positive was Grounds who seems reliable at CB - pretty important given Baudry, Fryers and Conroy's injury proneness.

Given Wellens's preference for pressing, I'm not sure Pitman is a very astute signing as this isn't something he appears very good at. Doyle was very good at pressing and much more mobile.

Grounds with Broadbent could have been a good solid pairing which is what's needed right now. As Pittman he needs to start performing soon and how long can the pundits keep saying he's not match fit

So, give no fucks
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #39896 on: Sunday, October 11, 2020, 11:27:09 »

Grounds with Broadbent could have been a good solid pairing which is what's needed right now. As Pittman he needs to start performing soon and how long can the pundits keep saying he's not match fit

I don't think Broadbent was very good at L2 level let alone L1 level. Club made the correct decision in trying to move him on I think. Pitman hasn't been that bad, but I don't think he's going to function very well in a high pressing team. I think Wellens might have possibly made a mistake here but we shall see.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39897 on: Sunday, October 11, 2020, 11:35:15 »

I don't think Broadbent was very good at L2 level let alone L1 level. Club made the correct decision in trying to move him on I think. Pitman hasn't been that bad, but I don't think he's going to function very well in a high pressing team. I think Wellens might have possibly made a mistake here but we shall see.

Broadbent done ok in league one for Rovers but since joining Swindon he either suffered from personal issues or niggling injuries so never really had a run in the team. The jury is very much out on Pittman at the moment as he's only a shadow of the player we all remember from a few years back and maybe no coincidence that he fell out of favour at Portsmouth.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39898 on: Sunday, October 11, 2020, 11:38:39 »

Quote from: tans

reverse thunderdome

(2 men out, 1 man in?)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #39899 on: Sunday, October 11, 2020, 12:10:58 »

Broadbent done ok in league one for Rovers but since joining Swindon he either suffered from personal issues or niggling injuries so never really had a run in the team. The jury is very much out on Pittman at the moment as he's only a shadow of the player we all remember from a few years back and maybe no coincidence that he fell out of favour at Portsmouth.
The way people go on about Broadbent an outsider could be mistaken for thinking he’s a young player with potential when in reality he’s 28 year old with barely any league experience who has injury problems on a par with if not worst than Fryers and Baudry. Add in the fact he seems to suffer on the mental side of the game to the extent he seems to lose the ability to play football then Broadbent is clearly not the solution to anything. He can’t have been that good in league 1 otherwise Rovers wouldn’t have let us have him...
Pages: 1 ... 2657 2658 2659 [2660] 2661 2662 2663 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: