Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wurzels v STFC - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36134 times)
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 08:49:45 »

this is what I am talking about, I agree with both of you....3 losses on the trot last season and it would have been all doom and gloom...but at the momnet I think we all feel (bar Reg), that its only a matter of time....

as I said, next game or 2 are critical...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 08:54:18 »

[url width=468 height=286]http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/swindon123/devita.jpg[/url]

welshred

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 08:54:47 »

Yep, next few are important.

Need to be firmly established amongst the front runners after 10 games or so.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 08:55:46 »

[url width=468 height=286]http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/swindon123/devita.jpg[/url]

Fair play, as soon as he scored he legged it behind the goals to our fans. Never seen him run so fast!

Got booked for it but well worth it.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 08:56:02 »

this is what I am talking about, I agree with both of you....3 losses on the trot last season and it would have been all doom and gloom...but at the momnet I think we all feel (bar Reg), that its only a matter of time....

as I said, next game or 2 are critical...

Certainly seems to be an optimistic air about from many, even with a couple of poor results before last night, as the team is still playing well on the whole.

Great to see people's videos of PdC and the players coming over to the fans last night as well. We have seen the unity he seems to have instilled in the squad with the whole side celebrating every goal with a big group hug, but the way he and the players have been at the end of games so far this season - win or lose - has been great. di Canio really seems to be trying to foster an atmosphere amongst players and fans alike that we're in this together.

In the same way that a negative atmosphere built around the CG over the course of last season this sort of thing can make a difference in my opinion, and hopefully if the support continues to be as good as it has been it will help the players lift their performances on the pitch.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 08:56:23 »

There was a great buzz even before kick off last night, which is strange considering the last couple of results.

Felt like a real team effort last night. 1500 fans, 14 players and one mental manager.

I wasn't there last night but I felt like that all day yesterday.  I wasn't half as devastated to lose to Oxford as I thought I'd be simply because of the performance we put in.

If we can take this form into the league we are in for a good season.  I just hope we can do do that.  A win at Shrewsbury is whats needed for the remaining doubters....
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 08:58:58 »

Is the draw tonight?....Liverpool home or away would put a few onto the Saints attendance Cheesy
fatbasher

« Reply #367 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 09:04:23 »

Just been given the green light to go to Shrewsbury on Saturday. Never went to Gay Meadow so looking forward to visiting their new stadium.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 09:08:53 »

Is the draw tonight?....Liverpool home or away would put a few onto the Saints attendance Cheesy

Saturday lunchtime on Sky I think

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 09:13:11 »

I haven`t read all the posts but this sounds much more like it...what a relief. Only concern is League 2 isn`t reown for its footballing skills more brick shit house defenders and lots of high balls to contend with.....but hey onward and upwards...

Bathtime
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 09:15:17 »

I haven`t read all the posts but this sounds much more like it...what a relief. Only concern is League 2 isn`t reown for its footballing skills more brick shit house defenders and lots of high balls to contend with.....but hey onward and upwards...

We now have two strikers who can offer a credible aerial threat, hold the ball up and win flick-ons. Something we haven't had so far this season.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 09:29:53 »

We now have two strikers who can offer a credible aerial threat, hold the ball up and win flick-ons. Something we haven't had so far this season.

I haven't seen Clarke win a header yet  Wink

Cats are better than dogs FACT
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 09:34:27 »

Ok,ta.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 09:35:15 »

I haven't seen Clarke win a header yet  Wink

Indeed, he does have a tendency to jump very early.

But, just having a player who can challenge for the ball in the air puts so much more pressure on their defender, and the likelihood of them missing it, it not heading it away very far becomes much greater.

SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 09:38:39 »

Round 3   Saturday 27th August on Soccer Saturday 

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: