Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Crewe - Official Match day Thread  (Read 41573 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:11:27 »

Between that and the Irreducible banner, it leaves me a bit worried about the mentality of some of our "fans".

I don't suppose I should be that surprised really.

jb

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:12:51 »

Yeh that's where I've heard EDL chants from before.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:14:43 »

Think its been well summed up by many but things that stood out to me:

Flint. For someone who looked like he was going to be the 3rd choice youngster this season what a performance. Didn't put a foot wrong and looked confident and composed. Immense.

Central midfield partnership in the first half were surprisingly anonymous, hopefully just nerves.

After half time we looked much better as we seemed to pressure crewe a lot more from front to back, giving them no time on the ball.

Impressed with liveliness of McCormack and Connell when they came on.

3-0 a flattering scoreline and there are certainly areas that still need working on. Having said that just a relief to see us win, and the atmosphere was great. Loved the team spirit the players showed and the fact PdC waited to clap the fans and be last down the tunnel at the end.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:16:43 »

Yeh that's where I've heard EDL chants from before.

Theres a fair few EDL that attend Swindon games, I heard the Lamppost chants to the right of where I stand, around seat 40ish i would of thought?

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #364 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:35:43 »

Be nice to hear Reg's thoughts on yesterday after he entertained us all summer.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:42:08 »

How is the lampost song linked to EDL?

Spencer_White

« Reply #366 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:46:20 »

Be nice to hear Reg's thoughts on yesterday after he entertained us all summer.

To be fair to Reg, weve had a stroke of luck yesterday. Hopefully we can capitalise. Certainly think we have players in the squad that can improve the team. Things definitely looking up.

We have only won one game. Not the first 10.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:48:43 »

What area of the town end were singing it? Seems to be some right tossers to the right of the goal.

there was probably only half a dozen singing it. its been sung before and normally drowned out by people booing
Spencer_White

« Reply #368 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:54:24 »

Between that and the Irreducible banner, it leaves me a bit worried about the mentality of some of our "fans".

I don't suppose I should be that surprised really.

Irriducibile roughly means they who cant be dominated. Whats wrong with that?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 20:07:21 »

Central midfield partnership in the first half were surprisingly anonymous, hopefully just nerves.

Di Canio said a number of players were suffering from nerves, especially Risser. Thought it was interesting that he said this was a big chance for Risser (and others) and that they were worried about fucking it up. I guess for a number of them this is the biggest club they've played for and they aren't too accustomed to playing in front of 8k crowds.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 20:07:58 »

How is the lampost song linked to EDL?

Etts Der Lampost.....a german EDL group blamed for inflaming hatred within a two foot area in yesterdays Townend.
A spokesman when asked explained....we had a fucking great Rottweiller for security that pissed against the same lampost for years,it was just natural that we named ourselfs after sed lampost.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #371 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 20:09:29 »

Di Canio said a number of players were suffering from nerves, especially Risser. Thought it was interesting that he said this was a big chance for Risser (and others) and that they were worried about fucking it up. I guess for a number of them this is the biggest club they've played for and they aren't too accustomed to playing in front of 8k crowds.
Although Risser was saying he played in front of 100.000 for nambia  Wink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 20:11:36 »

I had to wash my jeans because of you.

Cunt
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #373 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 20:11:55 »

The Martin Aldridge song is just an update of the Peter Houseman song sung by the TE in the 70's. Also heard at the Scumnest as well.
Spencer_White

« Reply #374 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 20:25:55 »

The Martin Aldridge song is just an update of the Peter Houseman song sung by the TE in the 70's. Also heard at the Scumnest as well.

Its a bit of a bonus we dont even have to make up a name for the Pox's new(ish) shitpit ground, because its already got a name they hate.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: