Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RAF.  (Read 3540 times)
Johno

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 16:58:24 »

is mostly funding the proctor loan. Think this helps show how vital this organisation is to the club. if more people join, obviously more money, meaning more money avaliable to get players.

Swindon sign Proctor on loan deal  

Swindon have signed striker Michael Proctor on a one month loan deal from Championship strugglers Rotherham.
The 24-year-old's move to the County Ground has been funded largely by fans' group TrustSTFC Red Army Fund.

"This is a great example of fans and the club working to achieve what we all want - success on the pitch," director Bob Holt told Town's website.

Ex-Sunderland forward Proctor has scored just twice for Rotherham this season in 28 appearances.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 17:10:16 »

11 appearances were from the bench!
Hopefully he'll have better service here too.
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 17:17:58 »

The RAF? Get the Navy on board too
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 17:23:23 »

With any luck the move may just help persuade a few more people to chuck a few quid the way of the old Red Army Fund.

I sometimes think they may have a drop more luck if it was possible to pre-announce a target.   Certainly at other clubs fans have been very generous with their giving if they know what's on the menu.

Wasn't Leon Knight a move made permanent by Brighton fans in a similar sort of way?

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 17:29:29 »

exactly my point. It shows that this fund is working and that it isn't there for no reason. It can benefit the club, and if proctor does score a goal which gives us valuable points, then it would be worth it!
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 17:31:32 »

Leon Shight- I think he went to Shighton on the basis that he was offered more than S Wednesday offered him, but didn't haer anything about fans involvement- but you may be right.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 12:12:45 »

didn't qpr fans pay for a player to come in a few years ago aswell? some foreign bloke, cant remember his name? will try & find out....
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 12:16:24 »

danny shittu i think?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 12:18:54 »

I met Shittu on a plane going up to Scotland on the Monday after our Play match match against Brighton.  He was cool.  I was sat in Biz class with my Swindon top on and he just taps me on the shoulder and says "You support Swindon" I go "yeah" then he says "I play for QPR" I went "cool" then he walked to his seat.  Brilliant brilliant times.  And what a story may I add.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 12:20:08 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
I met Shittu on a plane going up to Scotland on the Monday after our Play match match against Brighton.  He was cool.  I was sat in Biz class with my Swindon top on and he just taps me on the shoulder and says "You support Swindon" I go "yeah" then he says "I play for QPR" I went "cool" then he walked to his seat.  Brilliant brilliant times.  And what a story may I add.
hahah yeh great for bedtime story collection!
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 12:20:59 »

yeah it was shittu & doudou who i was thinking of. great names!

http://www.qpr1st.co.uk/main/hoopsfundmain.asp

scroll down to 'endorsements' bit, seems one family of fans payed for both
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 12:22:06 »

Quote from: "le god cuervo"
yeah it was shittu & doudou who i was thinking of. great names!

http://www.qpr1st.co.uk/main/hoopsfundmain.asp

scroll down to 'endorsements' bit, seems one family of contributors payed for both
what ever possesed them to be footballers with names like that?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 15:29:29 »

johno, considering you're so adamantly supporting the RAF perhaps you could disclose how much you have given them?

officially blacker than the night.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 17:15:56 »

And it's all gone quiet over there...(Johno's PC that is!)

Actually I think Johno has given money to it before so lets not be too harsh!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 24, 2005, 18:07:25 »

yeh, least i have given money... a child only give up to £10 or something stupid i believe.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: