Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Notts County official match day thread  (Read 23003 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 20:45:41 »

I don't blame Fitton for appointing Hart in the first place as he had a track record of saving clubs in terrible positions in the league, I haven't criticised Fitton either but I do feel he left it too long before replacing Wilson, with whomever it was to be with.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 20:49:04 »

too long to sack wilson
wrong man to replace him.

'wrong man to replace him' story of our season full stop.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 20:52:05 »

too long to sack wilson
wrong man to replace him.

'wrong man to replace him' story of our season full stop.

You know you don't actually have to write 'full stop' don't you? You can just use a '.'
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 21:00:22 »

.fuck it all. Not bothered. Im at chester at a beer festival. Had 3 pints of hope. Now heading for many more pints or despair.

Never knowingly overstated.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 21:03:04 »

Has that cunt fucked off yet?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 21:03:09 »

DV as manager

For he has the power of hindsight
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 21:05:02 »

I'd have done a better job than Paul Hart.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 21:22:53 »

Well heres my 10 penneth and then i will scroll back.

There have been some low moments this season but today took the fucking biscuit!

I predicted a useless draw or a narrow loss and down on Monday, im fucking sick of being right at the moment.

I wore the special T shirt JJ Edmunds and his Missus got me......sorry JJ mate it didnt work.

I arrived into the TE at my usual time of kick off and was pleased with what i saw and heard. The ticket deal seemed to have boosted the numbers, County brought a few down and the whole ground seemed in good voice. Nice.

Checked the texted team sheet, groaned at the usual negative formation took up my position at the back and waited for disaster....it didnt happen.

Whats this??  The team seem up for it!!??   Yes!  At last!

All went well.  County showing why they have slid into the shit offering fuck all and a ref that seemed to give us something and not allow County and Cunty Allen to boss the game.
We toiled and went close a few times but i thought we were the better side....and deserved the goal and if it was meant or not but an overhead kick and finish brilliant....
Whistle went and i checked the stats as i always do......1 shot on goal??....that was about right as Kelvin wasnt having his best game and he was our ONLY forward

I took a piss, ate a pie and then ..............it all went fucking wrong.

Allen must of set a fire under County as they came at us...but we held our own and slowly started to get on top BUT without setting up any clear cut chances.

Douglas hit the bar with a shot that might of killed someone if it had hit the crowd....he aint never going to score and its a massive weakness in his game.

Then County started to get on top and we couldnt hold on to the ball.

I turned to Swindon Maniac and Jutty and said "Hart better make some changes soon or we will concede!"  My view was that Andrew was'nt holding the ball up and we needed to put on another forward to give the midfield more options......it didnt happen..Mr Negative struck again and on came Timlin for Ritchie...why???....i was aghast....and it just got worse when a free kick drifted in....

Now we were on the ropes and cue the Pantomime villan Lee Hughes....Allen brings him on and we all know what happened next....GAME OVER!

My old mate Cuthbert commited an epic failure and gave the ball to Hughes for a one on one. Fair play to Hughes as he had alot to do .......composed himself instead of falling over laughing at Cuthberts total fuck up!.....funny but i didnt see Billy big bollocks Cuthbert have a go at the fans today...i wonder why!?

It all kicked off on the bench, couldnt see that well but it seemed that some older fans were coming down to have a go at the bench and Hart eventually gave some back, Mc Parland grabbed Hart at one stage as he looked as if he was going to confront some fans. Even the Old Bill (was it specials?) showed their face and the bench was surrounded by stewards.....very nasty.

And that was that ......another narrow defeat....and doomed relegation probably on Monday.

I felt anger, frustration and hurt.....what a fuckupfest this season has been.

But it gets worse....i made the mistake of listening to the after match interview...

Hart i now blaming Wilson!!??

Wilson DID fuck things up and was here too long but he has had enough games to get the points we needed end of...

Hart reckons we have improved!!!???  Look at the table you clueless prick...we are below a team that has been deducted 10 points.....10 FFS and recorded one win, one fucking measly win in a match where the stats declare we had one shot on goal.

I wanted to go down with all guns blazing, i wanted to go down with a war cry, i wanted the team to run themselves into the ground, i wanted to scream "We'll never die!"  and "Swindon til i die!" at the top of my voice when the moment came..........im sorry Mr Hart but it has'nt happened. We are slipping under like a wasp in jam (without the sting). Negative formations and substitutions what were you trying to achieve.?....i would of rather been dicked a few times and won some matches by 'going for it' but no....we play it safe and lose every game by a single goal or nab a useless draw.

Cunty Allens post match "All I said when I got here was that we'll have a go. There's no guarantees about getting above lines or below lines but whatever happens this team is going to have a go."
AND HAVE A GO THEY HAVE!!! Unlike us......hats off to the wanker.

I thought Hart would of gone by the time i wrote this...looks like its go now or at the end of the season....go now me old mate....

Mc Parland to take charge and FFS Fitton get somebody in and dont go fucking cheap.

Tonight i am pissed off at the prospect of possibly going to Fleetwood Town next season, no matter how good their fish n chips are!

See you all Monday......the fat lady has cleared her throat.

Clems Army!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 21:34:31 »

Love it how everyone has written off Douglas, Cuthbert etc. I think some people would rather go back to the days where we had the likes of Hewlett, Howe, Heywood etc. Laughable. It really is.

The problem this season has be a lack of leadership, an experienced decent central defender and a goalscorer, rather than a bunch of bad footballers.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #249 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 21:40:02 »

Thats the worst bit though. Its seein these players who are not awful put in dogshit performances
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 21:54:39 »

Thats the worst bit though. Its seein these players who are not awful put in dogshit performances

Are you telling me if we had a decent centre half and a half decent goal scorer we would be bottom? I can't emphasise enough what a solid base does for confidence etc. When a team is difficult to beat with a solid defence, with a leader, talker, organiser, the rest of the team gains confidence from that. Likewise when you have a goalscorer. Players are relaxed going into the games knowing that they're going to score goals.

When a team is going into a game knowing that defensively they're not good enough or go into a game knowing that they're lacking a decent goalscorer, or indeed with this team both, they will already go in with a negative mindset and as soon as they go behind they'll automatically (physiologically) think the game's over. It's not about the players not playing well, Douglas, Prutton, McGovern could all have blinders, Ritchie could create chances and we would still probably go out and get beat because we're lacking in key areas.
lambourn red

« Reply #251 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 22:31:21 »

The first half was not too bad compared to the previous weeks and we were in complete control ,then as said before at half time Hart fucks about and completely changes the formation WTF. As soon as Hughes came on you just knew what was coming , anyway the only bright point of the day was our kids (Lambourn U8 vs U9) on the pitch at half time they all loved the day along with the 45 mums dads and friends from Lambourn.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #252 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 22:32:04 »

Ifcuthbert,sheehan,amankawah douglas mcgovern ferry played to half what we know they can then yes i am saying we wouldnt be bottom
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 22:34:15 »

Ifcuthbert,sheehan,amankawah douglas mcgovern ferry played to half what we know they can then yes i am saying we wouldnt be bottom

I think it goes a bit deeper than that but I take your point DRS.
Dozno9

« Reply #254 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 22:35:43 »

If Ferry played at all I'd be grateful.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: