Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Peterborough Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21664 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 09:38:26 »

Pericard was getting blatantly pushed in the back ever time he went up for the ball and the ref allowed it to happen.  When that happened to Paynter we all hated the ref for it, but when it happens to Vince it gives an opportunity for everyone to say he's crap.

Never knowingly overstated.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #256 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 10:04:39 »

On the flipside some people are now just sticking up for him no matter how he plays. Am i the only one who saw his effort he missed from 2 yards out on saturday that went for a throw?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 10:33:08 »

That'll be the one where he managed to jump in an toe poke it and it was cleared superbly by the posh defender?

You may be the only one who saw it as a easy chance missed, yes.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 11:11:45 »

is he meant to bring a step ladder to games?

No but he could try you know, running, jumping, moving

On the flipside some people are now just sticking up for him no matter how he plays.

Yes, the Pericard sympathizers. I fully support a shit player I'm a better fan than you.

Am i the only one who saw his effort he missed from 2 yards out on saturday that went for a throw?

Think the defenders deserves a bit of credit for that one - it was a pretty good block.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #259 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 11:14:06 »

That'll be the one where he managed to jump in an toe poke it and it was cleared superbly by the posh defender?

You may be the only one who saw it as a easy chance missed, yes.
I can assure you that he hit it out of play. Every person who was sat around us saw it
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 11:21:58 »

If we're talking about the same one, go and watch the highlights.  It's clearly a block from the defender.

Im presuming we're talking about a different one if you are so sure.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #261 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 11:42:22 »

I don't think anyone has said Pericard had a good game by any stretch of the imagination, people are only sticking up for him because they realise he wasn't the (only) one who cost us 2 points.

• For a start the defence was especially shit in the first 30 minutes and the midfield too.
  • Austin had an off day and missed a couple of really good chances.
  • Dossevi didn't really have any effect on the game and where Pericard had started slowly at least he was getting into the game by the time he came off. Dossevi had a poor game - didn't hold up the ball very well and his usual chasing down was overshadowed by Austin's workrate.
  • Smith kept us in the game with a couple of top class saves.
  • Lewis kept them in the game with some fantastic stops too.

Quite an even game in the end, I think we were a bit unlucky not to win by the end because the momentum was mainly with us in the second half. On another day we'd have been more clinical and won that. The fact we didn't look like scoring from open play is a worry, indicative that we rely on Austin too much. Pericard and Dossevi need to start playing more like strikers which they don't at the minute. Right now Pericard plays a lot like Paynter did in his first season here and I can see him getting a similar total of goals by the end of it.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 12:03:33 »

Good post Si.

Im sitting on the fence as regards Pericard.  To the right of me on Tuesday was a pericard lover (you know who you are), to the left my nephew who hadn't been for ages who said he thought Pericard was shit.  I was firmly in the middle.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Friday, December 31, 2010, 10:10:08 »

I'll admit I'm more vocal in my support of Big V, but really it's only to counter act the fucking morons who boo him or slag him off before he's even touched the ball.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: