Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool V Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 19427 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, September 16, 2007, 22:21:37 »

i only normally get about 7, but i had 4 on friday night and about 4 last night so i'm owed a catch up!
Toni

« Reply #256 on: Sunday, September 16, 2007, 22:41:35 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i thought we were all horrible toni?

Yeah well i only wanted to know where Samdy Gray was seeing as i was spotted yesterday.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 06:28:39 »

Quote from: "bennett"
Quote from: "Red81"
Bennett I owe you a pint

good!

i think we're equally socially inept so that'll be fun  Cheesy

can you get toni a beaker of squash whilst you're at the bar mate
Not quite sure who you are by face though Mr Bennett... but i'm sure at some point this season are paths will cross pub wise.

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 07:19:43 »

Quote from: "bennett"
Bennett I owe you a pint

good!

i think we're equally socially inept so that'll be fun  Cheesy

can you get toni a beaker of squash whilst you're at the bar mate
Not quite sure who you are by face though Mr Bennett... but i'm sure at some point this season are paths will cross pub wise.

He'll be the one pissed on 2 pints Cheesy
red macca

« Reply #259 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 07:42:06 »

am i the only one who has noticed arriba and axs relationship flourish on this thread
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 07:45:05 »

I think it's sweet.........

It's All Good..............
dell boy

« Reply #261 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 09:54:10 »

Report from Hartlepool site:

Hartepool United were held at home by Swindon Town at Victoria Park

Pools boss Danny Wilson started with the same side that lost at Leeds last weekend, Ritchie Humphreys started in central midfield alongside Gary Liddle while Jamie McCunnie remained at right back.
The home side started brightly and Andy Monkhouse had a shot collected easily buy the Robins keeper Phil Smith, there was a large pause in the game while Hasney Aljofree was stretchered off with a nasty injury.
When the game restarted Jan Budtz pulled off a fantastic double save to prevent the visitors from going ahead. Budtz made a great save from Billy Paynter and when the follow up looked certain to hit the back of the net he made a fantastic reaction save to keep the sides level.
The game was end to end and Andy Monkhouse played the ball in to the box where Ian Moore was unlucky not to score. Swindon pushed forward and took the lead on the half hour.
Jon-Paul McGovern was a thorn in our side the whole first half and he put the ball home on 31 minutes he lifted the ball past Jan Budtz. Swindon started to sit back and Pools had a couple of chances before the referee blew for half time.
HT: Hartlepool 0-1 Swindon
Danny Wilson made a double substitution at half time as Robbie Elliott was replaced with Ali Gibb. Ritchie Humphreys switched to left back, McCunnie moved into central midfield and Gibb took his place at right back.
The changes really improved Pools play and we looked much more dangerous as Swindon sat back looking to play on the break.
Joel Porter made an immediate impact and he made an amazing run from the half way line to the by line, Porter played the ball into the middle for the waiting Barker but a Swindon defender beat the big man to the ball and out for a corner.
The corner did not bring an equaliser but Porter did soon after, the Australian international held off several Swindon players and fired a great shot into the right hand corner of the goal. Joel Porter looked like his old self as Pools grabbed a deserved goal.
Michael Nelson went off after picking up a knock and he was replaced by the ever dependable Ben Clark. Swindon loosened up a little and had 2 clear cut chances to regain the lead, both chances came after they broke quickly on us and they really should have put both away.
At the other end a cross from Ritchie Humphreys was met with a poor header from Andy Monkhouse and Pools could have had a penalty when a Swindon player made a dodgy tackle in the box.
Budtz had to be on guard to tip over a header and James Brown was bundled over in the Swindon area as each side went for a winner, it didn't come and the referee blew for full time after 4 additional minutes.
FT: Hartlepool 1-1 Swindon
Comment
It really was a great game and both sides had chances, Pools should have had a penalty but Swindon missed two when they really should have scored.
I though we looked much better in the second half when we switched it around. Even Ali Gibb wasn't awful, just not very good and he is definitely not a right back. We were more solid at the back after the rubbish Elliott went off too.
The best player for me was our keeper, he pulled off some unbelieveable saves and was generally sound for the rest of the game. We now lie third in the table and visit table toppers Leyton Orient next weekend.
MOM: Jan Budtz
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 09:59:31 »

apart from not mentioning the referee was a cunt, thats not far from the truth. both keepers did well, there were a lot of chances on goal.
sonic youth

« Reply #263 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 11:11:29 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
Quote from: "STFC_Chris"
Maverick got interviewed for Sky Sports, god knows why they chose him. :?

I bet he loved that, probably told them that all is well at STFC and the portugeezers are wonderful people that are the best thing to happen to our FC and Luggy will still be here next season

yeah! how dare he not be negative.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: