Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: peterborough v swindon official matchday thread  (Read 24860 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 23:18:49 »

That was fucking ace.

Home fans should be ashamed of themselves, promotion day and not a peep until nearly the final whistle.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 00:11:24 »

£295 pure Cox profit - thank you young man!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 00:34:06 »

Deserved to win the game? Phil Smith was keeping us in it and they had two cleared off the line. They deserved a point as much as us, not that it really matters.
I probably overstated that in my enthusiasm Smiley I was mainly agreeing with DV about their plastic-heavy crowd being a bit rubbish. But i thought we played well in a good game. And yes I didn't give Smith the credit he deserves, played really well today (as he has done since coming back in to be fair). Shame he'll never be given any credit by some of our fans and that as much as anything I think will see him leave this summer. Good luck to him wherever he plays next season
Spencer_White

« Reply #213 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 06:23:17 »

Peterborough, the most pathetic ever attempt at a promotion party atmosphere. Ive always thought of them as pretty sleepy.

Good day out. Good end to the season.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 06:56:38 »

Just to add my appreciation thanks Coxy -390 quid better off!!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 09:12:11 »

Just to add my appreciation thanks Coxy -390 quid better off!!!
My mate put bets on Coxy outright and each way and a small hedge on Lambert outright which would recover his stake on the Coxy bets if they didn't work out, so I was texting him throughout the game yesterday. He rang me when we were on the way home yesterday and William Hill are paying him in full on all of them so he's 1300 quid better off. Not sure whether to be dead chuffed for him or annoyed at myself for not lumping on myself - I gave him the tip!
Sussex

« Reply #216 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 09:36:22 »

£90 for a £3 bet. Knew I should have put more on!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 15:21:00 »

Just to open this one up, I bet with Will Hill online and they paid out 390 on a tenner each way but if Paul d's mate as per the above used Will Hill and got full payout, should I query it with them or not?  I'm not sure on the betting malarky so just wanted to some professional opinions before I make a tit out of myself.  I'm more than happy with what ive got by the way, but just a curious question really!
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 15:44:41 »

BET 365 only paid out half. CUNTS
santasdead

« Reply #219 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 15:44:46 »

Just to open this one up, I bet with Will Hill online and they paid out 390 on a tenner each way but if Paul d's mate as per the above used Will Hill and got full payout, should I query it with them or not?  I'm not sure on the betting malarky so just wanted to some professional opinions before I make a tit out of myself.  I'm more than happy with what ive got by the way, but just a curious question really!

Similar story here,only half pay-out, didnt even get the money i put on back. Mind you i didn't put e/w so the cases are different. after reading paul d's post i e-mailed WillHill about it anyway, i don't expect to hear back from them today though.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #220 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 16:00:55 »

I'd imagine it's all automated, so either Paul's mate got half on the win or he's gone to a bookies shop and got lucky(ier)!

You should have got half your stake back though, you lose the other half due to dead heat rules. I expect Will Hill will only tell you dead heat rules apply when they email back.
Gutted Posh

« Reply #221 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 16:01:48 »

Well that was a different experience seeing a Posh game in the away end. Stood on the right hand side behind the swindon firm. Must say the view is rubbish. Far too shallow

As for the match a bit of a cliched game of two halves. You in the first, us in the second. Loads of movement and energy from you guys and we floundered. I had to applaud Cox's first, looked a lovely strike. The second had me swearing.
Posh played within themselves which is undestandable and we wasted enough chances not to rely on a 93rd minute free-kick. But i'm well pleased to have been right behind it so i could take in its beautiful arc!

Thought your support was excellent from the start. Clapped my hands a bit at the start and sang about shooting the oxford scum. Then the paranoia wore off. Wasn't sure about the 'championship your having a laugh' song. I pretended to look at my mobile when that one kept starting up haha.
Was happy to applaud Simon Cox off at the end tho. CMS could do with a lesson in finishing from him.

Now for the Posh support. Almost every home game we get away fans mugging off the home support. Last year this was generally correct, but this year has been a different story.
I made a point of watching the Poshies. Its true there fleeting moments in the 2nd half when noise was being made, but i think this is the family stand waking up and joining in every so often. The LR end must have been noisy for quite long periods as i could see them clapping in unison and jumping around but coudn't hear a peep, just the drum now and again. So IMO definitely the asbestos acoustics are having an impact. Oh well, it'll be the barnsley male voice choir having a go next season soapy tit wank!

Good luck next year. Three more 'were too good for this league' are coming down. Hope you give em a dishing!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #222 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 16:17:06 »

There were a few fans in end opposite that made a bit of noise and there was a drum (bloody drums!). Most areas of the ground were sat still though.

It makes me laugh when fans use the poor acoustics argument. Our fans have said it of the Town End in our ground, but whenever I haven't been in it and the fans have sung I've always heard them fine. Obviously poor acoustics can be detrimental, but if the majority of fans sing then you still hear them.

When you equalised at the end I heard the fans wake up then. I certainly saw them jumping up and down and clapping too. That's how I expected it to be over the entire course of the game.

Anyway, well done for getting promoted.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 16:18:11 »

It was quiet obvious you have a decent side, but it wouldn't be football without a wind up would it?  Actually quiet liked your ground, but if it's right what you say about the acoustics, it would be worth looking at that in the summer, as that can only help you stay up. Impressed with the town in general, the centre was very appealing, good day out all round.
dell boy

« Reply #224 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 17:08:03 »

My youngest lad, 25, went to his first Swindon game in 12 years this weekend, he supports Reading (had to check his blood group when he started going this season) - girlfriend influence I'm afraid - anyway after the noise and atmosphere from the Swindon fans at Peterborough I think he is now a true believer - he said he has never heard anything like the noise generated from our mob on Saturday - he wants to come to Swindon games in the futue - he has also split from the Reading bitch as well, that might have something to do with it.
I think I might be the first to say, oh, how funny to see so many long faced Reading fans walking around the village this afternoon, bless!!!
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 17:09:34 by dell boy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: