Pages: 1 ... 2192 2193 2194 [2195] 2196 2197 2198 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9036499 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32910 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 11:55:46 »

its the obvious problem, the keyboard warrior. the ONLY way it will be fixed is by ID verified accounts, your username doesn't even have to be your name- but to set up the account you need to provide ID. then you are accountable and can be prosecuted. banning an account and then setting a new one up in minutes isn't a deterrent. the government should be enforcing this as twitter etc will never propose this.
Which is fine when what you're trying to control is clearly objectionable hate speech. But what about when it's pro-democracy activists trying to organise against a repressive govt (Egypt, Hong Kong, Iran etc)? All that govt has to do is demand the IDs from the platform and round up all their opponents. The govt of course will characterise this as reasonable as they are "cracking down on terrorism" and simply jail or "disappear" their opponents. It's happening in Moscow right now, Putin is using "terrorist" legislation to round up opposition candidates in the Moscow City Council elections and jail them, then sending the riot police out to beat seven shades of shit out of their supporters when they try to protest against it. Be very careful about giving govts the power to define what is and is not acceptable speech.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32911 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 11:57:55 »

I would think that 99.9% of all the racist online abusers would not do it face to face as they are not brave enough, racists are all cowards anyway.

Online racists are the lowest form of cowardice too as they think they can get away with it, they can't and won't.

But they'd still think it and teach it, hence why it hasn't gone away.  Recently there has been a sort of re-opening of permission to express it in more public forums.  It had never gone away at STFC in the time I attended games, and very rarely had it been shouted down.  At best it was small pockets and ignored so became quieter.

Doesn't matter if it is to your face or online - imagine knowing people deride you just because of your skin tone.  This is why I get irritated by people who moan about political correctness - yes, they are ramming it down our throats, because people don't have to live with that when we are white, or straight, or whatever.  We don't even have to consider that the person we are talking to hates us without us even needing to speak.  It may not be everyone, but for those of us lucky to be the "norm" these fuckwits use, nobody thinks that way about us - nobody has ever just looked at me and thought, what a fucking straight twat, or that I am inferior because I happen to be white.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32912 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 12:08:19 »

Edit:  I am sure someone has looked at me and thought I am a twat, but for valid reasons!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32913 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 15:12:04 »

Theo Robinson joins Colcehster
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #32914 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 15:50:31 »

Theo Robinson joins Colcehster
Shame, I liked theo and would have had him back. Good luck to him.

Be interesting to see what happens in January for him, joining Southends rivals won't have pleased them I'm sure.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #32915 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 16:19:21 »

That is a shame, probably didn't want to relocate to Wiltshire, would have liked him to join us.

Now Colchester have 3 ex Town strikers on their books.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32916 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 16:28:00 »

So far, Doyle > Robinson

I doubt you'd fit a third in of the same ilk, we are more likely in need of the Bennett type.  We'd have 6 plus Twine to choose from then for four forward thinking positions, with options on how to set-up the team, plus Doughty as well.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32917 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 16:34:40 »

That is a shame, probably didn't want to relocate to Wiltshire, would have liked him to join us.

Now Colchester have 3 ex Town strikers on their books.

Oh well that's a guaranteed 3 in their column next time we play them!
Flashheart

« Reply #32918 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 16:36:25 »

Wellens has mentioned he'd like to get in in a 'young and hungry' striker from a PL club.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32919 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 16:39:14 »

Always a concern with our ex players!

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32920 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 16:40:30 »

Norris has looked the carthorse we knew him to be when he has played us, as far as I remember the games I have seen.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32921 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 16:47:09 »

Norris has looked the carthorse we knew him to be when he has played us, as far as I remember the games I have seen.
I must admit I never rated him and he has scored just 4 goals since October for Colchester and 2 of those were penalties.

I just thought Theo would have offered us something different up front to what we have.

Yes Doyle is a better player but Theo played the channels better than him and we have played long balls down the channels a lot so far this season.

Fingers crossed that Wellens has a target loan youngster that offers us something up front.

We will find out in a few days time as the transfer window slams shut on Monday.

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #32922 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 18:54:35 »

I must admit I never rated him and he has scored just 4 goals since October for Colchester and 2 of those were penalties.
Really? According to Soccerbase, he's scored 4 goals in 7 games so far this August!

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=59417

You're not wrong, but the way you worded it makes it sound a lot worse than his current form suggests. It's all about spin......
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 18:56:25 by Exiled Bob » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32923 on: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 19:17:47 »

How did he manage to go from 13th October 2018 to the first game of this season without a goal!

Two of this seasons haul are penalties - on the one hand that bolsters his return a little, on the other you have to put them away and last night I watched someone miss two penalties within a minute (missed a retake).  I think his general lack of skill and penchant for just wellying shots without any precision probably makes him a very good penalty taker.  He's uncomplicated.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32924 on: Friday, August 30, 2019, 09:01:42 »

Really? According to Soccerbase, he's scored 4 goals in 7 games so far this August!

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=59417

You're not wrong, but the way you worded it makes it sound a lot worse than his current form suggests. It's all about spin......
Yeah 4 in 7 this year including 2 penalties but thats 4 goals in 28 games. You have to look at the big picture not shirt term.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 30, 2019, 09:04:15 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 2192 2193 2194 [2195] 2196 2197 2198 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: