Poll
Question: staying or going
we r staying up, said we r staying up - 46 (37.1%)
going down going down, going down - 78 (62.9%)
Total Voters: 103

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: are we going down down????  (Read 24224 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 16:13:59 »

Given our record of appointing new managers even if we sacked him now we wouldn't have anyone in until the start of the new season.

agreed, it took far too long last time, and they didnt see a problem with it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 16:15:54 »

Similar to in 05/06, if we kept Fallon we probably would have stayed up - we are no where near as bad as we were then though. Dark days.

Evidence suggests otherwise....05/06 we had 34 points from 31...and were much more in touch than now. This is possibly the weakest side in Div 3 that I've ever seen.
woolster

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 16:19:22 »

Evidence suggests otherwise....05/06 we had 34 points from 31...and were much more in touch than now. This is possibly the weakest side in Div 3 that I've ever seen.
Sad Bad Mood
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 16:19:52 »

Probably won't renew my season ticket next season. I should start uni in October so the looming student debts, coupled with the probability that we'll be playing League Two football and I'll be in some far off place studying means the likelihood of me renewing is looking less and less likely.

As for the thread, I can only see us going down right now. We just haven't got the grit or determination to carve out results and, even when we're playing particularly well, we're not getting points on the board.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 16:23:32 »

Man for man I can't think of one player in our side in the second half of 05/06 that I would have here now...Bouazza and Fallon the exceptions who were gone in January. Wasn't aware that we were better off that season and have to say it surprises me.

I have far more confidence in our chances of survival this season than back then.

League 2 would be a disaster, no matter what anyone says. No way can it be turned into a positive. Would undo all the great work that has been done by the club.

Coca Fola

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 16:33:47 »

Probably won't renew my season ticket next season. I should start uni in October so the looming student debts, coupled with the probability that we'll be playing League Two football and I'll be in some far off place studying means the likelihood of me renewing is looking less and less likely.

As for the thread, I can only see us going down right now. We just haven't got the grit or determination to carve out results and, even when we're playing particularly well, we're not getting points on the board.
I'm in pretty much the same situation next season with uni and that. Don't think I'll renew if we're in league 2.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 17:08:27 »

Man for man I can't think of one player in our side in the second half of 05/06 that I would have here now...Bouazza and Fallon the exceptions who were gone in January. Wasn't aware that we were better off that season and have to say it surprises me.

I have far more confidence in our chances of survival this season than back then.

League 2 would be a disaster, no matter what anyone says. No way can it be turned into a positive. Would undo all the great work that has been done by the club.

I'd take Evans, Gurney, Ifil, O'Hanlon, Paul Smith (if fit) Lee Peacock and even that little shit Cureton.

No... we've never been this poor in Div 3 in all the years of my support. L2 is L2, it's where we'll play our football next season, the club will still go on, most fans will still go, and we might  even win a few games.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 17:10:21 »

Hahaha

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 17:33:22 »

This season most reminds me of 75/76, insofar as we nearly went down staying up by a point, that season followed a decent season 74/75 when we nearly went up. We got knocked out of the FA Cup by a non-league side and sold our best striker on deadline day Peter Eastoe.

With 15 games to go we were 3 points better of than now, and Don Rogers returned, although struggling with injury, he gave the place a lift, and we managed to win 6 draw 4 and lose 5 of the final 15, which got us in by a point. This season we'll probably need something as good as that as a minimum......realistically it isn't going to happen
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 19:12:27 »

Just cannot see us staying up. Cant believe we have got into this state so quickly. I have supported DW but utlimately the decisions he has made has got us here. Fitton must do something...although I think he is a good businessman I dont think he knows much about football matters. He thought Malpas was a good idea and there were some good applicants at the time. It is just so depressing to be even thinking about going down.....new manager...spend the Charlie Austin money on some half decent players BUT dont let Wilson do it, he`s had his chance....it wont stop me from going to the games though... Crying

Bathtime
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 22:20:36 »

At that stage in 05/06 we had been on a mini revival after being 27 games and 25 points after the 3-0 Gills defeat in Jan. That revival was stopped dead by the Rotherham defeat and then getting slaughtered 7-1 at Forest killed us and we never really recovered until a late spark in the run in. There' still a lot to be played for this season and we need to pick up points fast but things can change rapidly. The games in hand the other teams have might work against those with smaller squads coping with injuried and suspensions and remember how Rovers blew their games in hand in 2000/2001.
DMR

« Reply #56 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 03:00:42 »

I didn't sleep last night, no sleep at all. All because STF fucking C was running through my mind.

A grown man having sleepless night because of football is ridiculous, wish I could switch off.

It is ridiculous, get a grip of yourself man
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 09:16:54 »

League 1 that year was the one of the weakest I can remember. Southend and Colchester for automatic and apart from Barnsley and possibly Swansea it was such a weak League. We were dreadful that year but it was no surprise because of the way the club was run.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 10:17:42 »

I can't see us going down. I know the famous last words are we're too good to go down, but we are not a shit team.
We are however a very unlucky team at present. Wec always seem to get shit refs, & I am convinced that if the goals at the CG were 1/2 inch bigger, we'd have twice as many goals for.

We seem to be playing well, & I can see us getting the points needed. There are currently 3 teams worse off than us & plymouth too who are really in the shite.

And how a season ticket renewal can be based on what league we are in beats me. As far as I am concerned I support STFC. Not STFC but only if we are winning. If that were the case I'd support ManUre or another bandwagon team

From the Dark Side
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 10:34:50 »

Not necessarily....the CG being hit by a meteorite, with a full house inside would be disastrous.

There's many on here who wouldn't be affected...

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: