Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Match-fixer Alberto Comazzi takes legal action against Swindon  (Read 21742 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:36:46 »

This and would just add that not only PDC but Wray and Watkins - the "messiahs" in some people's eyes!!

Indeed the scary thing is that we would have been paying him £11k a month up until this month for leaving 18 months ago! But hey thats obviously Jeds fault isn't it.

How many more of these are we still paying!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:38:34 »

There is a very good reason why businesses carry out due diligence and obtain indemnities for pre transfer liabilities.

I seem to remember when Black sold the club we were told the only money owed was to the outgoing board and that debt was written off leaving the club with no outstanding liabilities?

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:39:45 »

And if Jed or any other consortium would have done we would be in a completely different place than we are now probably the Conference remember it was Patey and Black who forced the ridiculous timescales for the takeover

To be fair to Black it wasn't that stupid a timescale as he had been trying to sell for at least 6 months.

Sadly I suspect that the club (and by extension both Jed and the fans to a degree) were the unwilling victims of what became a very risky game of bluff between Black and his former friends, whereby Wray etc possibly suspected that he would not pull the plug up to the very last minute when sale to Jed and sale of Ritchie became necessary to avoid liquidation.

Most of the above is pure speculation, but hey ho that seems to be the norm these days - I blame Jed.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:41:08 »

Indeed the scary thing is that we would have been paying him £11k a month up until this month for leaving 18 months ago! But hey thats obviously Jeds fault isn't it.

How many more of these are we still paying!
That is, of course, assuming you take the account in the Star at face value. Which given that:

a) That's Comazzi's lawyers version of events, the club's is likely to be startlingly different
b) It's in the Star

I'd suggest would be a slightly unwise thing to do.

(Not aimed at horlock but everyone on the thread) Maybe wait to hear the other side of this before assuming we actually owe Comazzi £140k as he's claiming?
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:45:19 »

The article says the payments would be reduced if Comazzi found another club.

One would think this will wipe out a chunk of any claim straight away as it is because of his own cheating actions that he was (presumably) banned and therefore unable to find a club.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:46:15 »

That is, of course, assuming you take the account in the Star at face value. Which given that:

a) That's Comazzi's lawyers version of events, the club's is likely to be startlingly different
b) It's in the Star

I'd suggest would be a slightly unwise thing to do.

(Not aimed at horlock but everyone on the thread) Maybe wait to hear the other side of this before assuming we actually owe Comazzi £140k as he's claiming?

I intend to take it very personally!

Are you suggesting that the italian legal system and (Ohh arr) Daily Star are not reliable sources... disgraceful.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:58:31 »

I noticed this in the adver article today and nearly spat out my cornflakes.

We were paying this clown 2.75k a week? My worry is that we paid off a load of duds that the scarf waving muppet brought in and how many are going to crawl out of the woodwork now and claim their pot of gold?

I actually feel quite sorry for the current board for the amount of shite they are having to pick up now from the Black era. Of course they had to come in quickly to avoid admin but how long are they going to have to try and sort out the previous era before we can finally move on?

If what Flashheart says is true, then this makes this story even more comical!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fatbasher

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 08:11:48 »

I said in a post a while ago. Can any of you continue to wonder why AB wanted out? I cannot stop wondering if the previous management kept Black in the dark over a lot of this shit until one day it suddenly came out in the open and then boom.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 08:34:06 »

I said in a post a while ago. Can any of you continue to wonder why AB wanted out? I cannot stop wondering if the previous management kept Black in the dark over a lot of this shit until one day it suddenly came out in the open and then boom.
Exactly!  Let us not forget that this club was up for sale last summer and the spending still carried on.  Had Black been a football man he would have had a better handle on it, Wray could not say no to the Italian muppet, Black was in the dark but being told everything was hunky dory and obviously believed it thanks to the hero worship that was going on throughout the town.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 08:53:27 »

Maybe wait to hear the other side of this before assuming we actually owe Comazzi £140k as he's claiming?

Yes indeed.

However its a bit of a surprise that this has come out of the woodwork unexpectedly. Could be the old board thought it was done and dusted. Also could be the old board swept it under the carpet/stuffed up, which would be indefensible.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 08:59:35 »

If he was under contract, the match fixing would have been cast iron gross misconduct and a sacking. Would the same not apply to a (for want of a better term) a 'please fuck off' agreement?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 09:07:16 »

2,750k a week!! Eek

I dread to think what we were paying eggs like Atiku and Lanzano!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 09:36:16 »

Pitchforks back out so soon....I'm with PaulD on this.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 09:36:16 »

Whether this issue was disclosed by the previous board or not to the current board is the issue here.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 09:52:38 »

The timing of this and Paolo's case can't be mere coincidence, can it? Either someone has had a word in his ear or he's picked up on the news sharpish.

He's 34 and suspended from football for 4 years, guess he's angling for one last big payday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: