Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TRUST AGM - TONIGHT 6.30pm. - GW PUB  (Read 21762 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 11:50:48 »

I assume that Wray will leave the Trust now and start sniffing around the Sunderland Trust now though anyway?
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 12:00:25 »

I assume that Wray will leave the Trust now and start sniffing around the Sunderland Trust now though anyway?

If you believe everything Andrew Black tweets, rather than remember that Wray was involved in rescuing this club from Diamandis and friends long before Paolo Di Canio and has continued to attend matches after Paolo Di Canio.

In defence of his belief that promotion to the top two divisions might become impossible in the not too distant future, this doesn't have to happen literally, but rather through a continued skewing of the TV rights money to ensure more and more of it stays in the top two divisions. Someone would still get promoted from Division Three each year, but would need far greater funding than even we enjoyed to stay there. Perhaps he thought it was now or never for a club of our stature.

He may be wrong about it all, of course, and let's hope so. But he was a Football League club chairman, so he moves in circles I certainly don't…
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 12:00:45 »

The PL or even a PL2 if it ever exists needs promotion / relegation just as much as The Championship does.
But they don't have to make it easy eg top of division below plays bottom of league above - winner takes all.......if you're ground is up to scratch, parachute payments etc.  
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 12:12:15 »

If you believe everything Andrew Black tweets, rather than remember that Wray was involved in rescuing this club from Diamandis and friends long before Paolo Di Canio and has continued to attend matches after Paolo Di Canio.

Rescuing the club.... with Andrew Black's money..... and remember he was only really in the background until Fitton departed.

I do suspect there are two sides to every story but the way that Wray has been acting a cheerleader in chief on every media outlet since Paolo's departure does suggest a little bromance.

Just to reiterate I will forever admire and thank Wray for his involvement in the Fitton consortium that saved our club. However him going to Trust meetings and having cosy off the record chats about things at this stage does strike as someone looking to stir things up again the existing board and or Mr Black and untilm we know the detail I remain unconvinced that this is not political wrangling with the Trust (and by extension their members and mandate) being used as pawns.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 12:15:21 »

I'm amazed so many people still think that is a viable business model.

That is exactly the plan that Coventry, Leeds and Portsmouth have implemented in recent years.

How did it work out for them?

Leeds and Pompey did it on a bigger scale.

It was always going to be a calculated risk but I don't think we're talking Ridsdale/Gaydamak level here.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 15:49:32 »

Wray was the not the only one to agree, there was a board and they would have had to agree to the budget's surely, Wray & co decided to go for it rather than having a lower budget and gambling we would make it back up and then go for subsquent promotions.

If we dont make it then whoever is in charge has to decide what sort of budget we get for next season and if this means releasing players due to earning too much.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 16:01:26 »

If you release the high earning players you have to pay up the contract so theres no logic to that surely
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 16:05:36 »

Under Fitton we made it it to the playoffs without breaking the bank.
Take away the Simon Cox fee and we would have lost a lot.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 16:06:55 »

If you release the high earning players you have to pay up the contract so theres no logic to that surely

Not if there out of contract in the summer...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 16:11:08 »

Whats 9 players on 6k a week to anyone Wink
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 17:07:02 »

Not if there out of contract in the summer...

Not if they were signed on deals

They were then found out to be dogshit

We need to pay them up and release them in order to bring the next draft of shitness in

Sound familiar ?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 18:13:15 »

Rescuing the club.... with Andrew Black's money..... and remember he was only really in the background until Fitton departed.

I do suspect there are two sides to every story but the way that Wray has been acting a cheerleader in chief on every media outlet since Paolo's departure does suggest a little bromance.

Just to reiterate I will forever admire and thank Wray for his involvement in the Fitton consortium that saved our club. However him going to Trust meetings and having cosy off the record chats about things at this stage does strike as someone looking to stir things up again the existing board and or Mr Black and untilm we know the detail I remain unconvinced that this is not political wrangling with the Trust (and by extension their members and mandate) being used as pawns.

Just a shame the new team didn't try a touch harder early doors.....may have still had a Premiership manager running the team Cheesy

Seriously though i have nothing but praise for Wray and Watkins....they were the gel that kept the dynamite stuck together at times.

And one of the main reasons why we are in such a strong position in the league still..
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 18:16:49 »

If it wasn't for Wrays  supposed 'shit or bust' approach I expect we would be lingering around in League 2 right now.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 18:18:39 »

Hi Jeremy  Bye
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: