Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson confirmed as manager  (Read 21726 times)
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #225 on: Monday, December 29, 2008, 12:11:12 »

he needs to clear out the backroom staff    they,re incompitent
Lumps

« Reply #226 on: Monday, December 29, 2008, 16:54:21 »

If I didn't make it clear in all the other threads, I'm with Yeovil on this one. DW is possibly the least exciting managerial appointment at the CG since Andy King.

The dozen or so posts on here that refer to his excellent record need to take a closer fucking look at that record. He's managed clubs for 14 years and in that time has managed an amazing two promotions, one in his first job with Barnsley, over 10 years ago, and the other with Hartlepool in 06/07 when he took them straight back up after relegation to the bottom division.

In between he's been relegated with Barnsley; relagated and virtually bankrupted Wednesday after spending millions on half a dozen really shit players (De Bilde, Sibon, Wim Jonk, Donelly and O'Donnell anybody?) whilst pushing DiCanio and Carbone out the door; relegated Franchise and managed Shitty for four years spending money every season and taking them absolutely fucking nowhere.

Those last two would be bright spots of his CV if I thought he'd done them deliberately ........... but he didn't did he.

I'm really fucking underwhelmed. It smells like a panic appointment. If it hadn't been announced when it was I'm prepared to bet we'd have been talking to Calderwood this week.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #227 on: Monday, December 29, 2008, 17:08:12 »

Who would you have brought in if you were Andrew Fitton, Lumps?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #228 on: Monday, December 29, 2008, 17:14:05 »

Not sure if this interview has been posted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/7803027.stm

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: