Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Swindon this morning  (Read 21779 times)

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:12:42 »

Known scummer and turned down Pompey which suggests he doesn't want to go into coaching yet

maybe he doesn't want to be a number 2? and is he on record as a scummer?(not that it bothers me)
he was a top defender and part of a fantastic team.
 he'd whet the appetite for me
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:17:05 »

Really don't like the idea of a whetted arriba. Keown OUT!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:18:10 »

Hes from Oxford thats gotta rule him out surely!?

/
W56196272
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:25:17 »

maybe he doesn't want to be a number 2? and is he on record as a scummer?(not that it bothers me)
he was a top defender and part of a fantastic team.

He has explicitly said on Radio 5 that he is after a job in management and would look to go down the "Paul Ince route" to gain experience and learn the trade.

However, when I hear him on the radio and see him on the telly he just states the bleedin' obvious while trying to dress it up as amazing tactical insight. Not at all sure he's worth the risk when there are decent experienced options available.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #244 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:33:11 »

Here is a shot out of the dark (unless someone mentioned it as I have not read the thread) - Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Says he wants to manage. Big name, will start from lower leagues.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:34:30 »

It's certainly a big name, must be a good 25 letters. Ace player as well.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:35:04 »

Same as Dennis Bergkamp.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:39:10 »

He has explicitly said on Radio 5 that he is after a job in management and would look to go down the "Paul Ince route" to gain experience and learn the trade.
Nah, you misheard - he said he wants to go up Paul Ince's passage. It was a massive self-outing that everyone missed because he's so dull to listen to
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 14:56:10 »

Here is a shot out of the dark (unless someone mentioned it as I have not read the thread) - Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Says he wants to manage. Big name, will start from lower leagues.

I'd much rather go for Poyet, he wants to be a manager, the only reason he left last time was to follow his mate Dennis as they was 'a team' now he can be his own man.

High profile Young up and coming managers have had success over recent season's (Ince, Ferguson, Keane, Di Matteo) but there is an argument that says we need experience here ala Sturrock though
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 15:17:33 »

Just listend to Fittons interview on the OS

I'm not hanging out of his arse here, but It fills me with happiness that we have a bloke so intellegent, articulate with a real passion for the game running our club.  (not to mention rich with even richer mates!)

He makes a lot of sense, especially the bit where he talks about Joe Kinnear and Chris Hughton at Newcastle.  Kinnear says Hughton is a better coach than him, the reason kinnear is a manager with a reasonable track record is that he can get inside players heads (not literally) and raise their level of performance.

The relevance to STFC is that he says managers need a cretain "sparkle" or Charisma that you even have or dont, regardless of how much of a student you are of the game or how good a coach you are. He dosnt directly say it but its clear he means malpas does not have this even though he maintains that he is an excellent coach.

On this basis I think Holloway will be our new manager as the charismatic figure head, hopefully with an experienced coaching team underneath him. (again not literally)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 15:25:46 »

Hes from Oxford thats gotta rule him out surely!?

No, Yeovil, it gives everyone an excuse to get on his back the moment we don't win a game at least 3-0

We probably couldn't afford him if he turned down Portsmouth anyway

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 15:41:12 »

Just listend to Fittons interview on the OS

I'm not hanging out of his arse here, but It fills me with happiness that we have a bloke so intellegent, articulate with a real passion for the game running our club.  (not to mention rich with even richer mates!)

He makes a lot of sense, especially the bit where he talks about Joe Kinnear and Chris Hughton at Newcastle.  Kinnear says Hughton is a better coach than him, the reason kinnear is a manager with a reasonable track record is that he can get inside players heads (not literally) and raise their level of performance.

The relevance to STFC is that he says managers need a cretain "sparkle" or Charisma that you even have or dont, regardless of how much of a student you are of the game or how good a coach you are. He dosnt directly say it but its clear he means malpas does not have this even though he maintains that he is an excellent coach.

On this basis I think Holloway will be our new manager as the charismatic figure head, hopefully with an experienced coaching team underneath him. (again not literally)

Seconded.  Despite the very obvious misjudgement in appointing Malpas (based on a misplaced 'gut feel', it appears), I still maintain that Fitton is our best signing from the last few years.  I remain confident that this is all going to come good in the end.

Viva AF.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 16:28:13 »

Iain Dowie instead of Malpas ... not rocket science!!

Goodbye Mr Magic! Hello Mr Ugly!!

Strangely Dowie has a degree in rocket science....unlike MM who has a degree in electrical engineering.

Whoever takes over, will have the same problems as MM, namely a squad of players with too many not up to the required standard to mount a challenge in L1.

Given that it's been stated the squad is too big and sales need to happen, it will take a gaffer of serious ability to move us forward....
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #253 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:03:18 »

I think it would just take a manager who could get the players putting in a bit of effort. Every fan wants promotion, otherwise what's the point?

However, I think many recognise this could take time. What they couldn't stomach was the limp wristed efforts like the game at Histon. The games we've done well in recently are how we should have been performing all season in my opinion. If we get beat to teams playing like that then it's because they are a better team. Sure, fans won't be happy with a defeat, but they won't feel like our team is a lost cause.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:14:12 »

Si, I've just noticed your signature. Top stuff!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: