Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Swindon this morning  (Read 21785 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:22:47 »

just read somewhere that Bodin could be in charge for the Leicester game. So surely Budgie would be gone as well then if true.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:24:11 »

I'm suprised at the timing if not the action, but I guess Fitton didn't want a showpiece game like Leicester having as bad an atmosphere as seemed inevitable.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:26:49 »

just read somewhere that Bodin could be in charge for the Leicester game.
I think could is key in that. You could be in charge for Leicester come to that.
fatbury

« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:27:20 »

Iain Dowie instead of Malpas ... not rocket science!!

Goodbye Mr Magic! Hello Mr Ugly!!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:27:48 »

If we get Allardyce as manager I'll eat my left foot - FACT!

I'd eat your right one if true...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:28:37 »

If there's a conference at 10am will it be on the wireless?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:29:43 »

Sam, Sippo, if Big Sam does get the job are you going to sever the feet first and maybe get fb to flambe them Hannibal style or just gnaw them off in place? This certainly adds a new level of frisson to the normally tedious "Who's going to be the next manager?" debate!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:30:25 »

Iain Dowie instead of Malpas ... not rocket science!!

Goodbye Mr Magic! Hello Mr Ugly!!

So can we expect a load of Coventy and QPR players on loan? Could be worse I suppose.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:34:34 »

Sam, Sippo, if Big Sam does get the job are you going to sever the feet first and maybe get fb to flambe them Hannibal style or just gnaw them off in place? This certainly adds a new level of frisson to the normally tedious "Who's going to be the next manager?" debate!

I don't know what Sam's feet are like, so I'd prefer if fb cooked them first! Brings a wwhole new meaning to his death burgers

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:38:47 »

I've never called for MM to be sacked and really wanted him to do well, but it's become apparent, even to me, that there's something not quite right at the moment with regards to the playing side of things (And I don't just mean the results) some of his substitutions are puzzling, as is the Ifil situation.

Wouldn't wish unemployment on anyone, and I've certainly got no hostile feelings against the bloke but if it's the right thing to do for the sake of the Club, so be it.

It's All Good..............
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:40:00 »

If we get Allardyce as manager I'll eat my left foot - FACT!

I really hope not.  What we really don't need, in my view, is a 'name' who will drop us as soon as another offer comes his way.  As a club, we've been stung that way more times than is healthy during the last 10 years.

Genuinely sorry it hasn't worked out with Malpas, but I hope our next manager is selected on the basis of having at least some experience of successfully managing a Div 2/Div 3 club.  The strategy of appointing someone on the basis of a strong interview and little track record clearly hasn't worked.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:46:08 »

I'd have to sever it first, I can't get my feet up that high to knaw on them.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:48:27 »

Would anyone be happy with an appointment like Teddy Sheringham, someones first stint at management?

Just looking at Di Matteo, he's done well. Everyone needs a lift, a 'name' would certainly do that. If an experienced manager came in, would they do anything this season than just survive? Its a hard one.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:48:27 »

I've never called for MM to be sacked and really wanted him to do well, but it's become apparent, even to me, that there's something not quite right at the moment with regards to the playing side of things (And I don't just mean the results) some of his substitutions are puzzling, as is the Ifil situation.

Wouldn't wish unemployment on anyone, and I've certainly got no hostile feelings against the bloke but if it's the right thing to do for the sake of the Club, so be it.

Yep, I'd pretty much agree with all of that.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:50:09 by Nemo » Logged
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #29 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 08:49:45 »

I have supported MM since day one and as a person I am gutted to see him lose his job after uprooting his family etc to the area. Genuinely as a person I am absolutely gutted for him. He always treated me with respect. During the team photo shoot he was talking to BBC and came over and said “good to see you again” really was a top man.

As a Swindon Town supporter he had to go, we weren’t going anywhere,  We have a good squad but he has somehow with Byrne and Williams managed to turn us into a shocking and gutless team. I am very hopeful we get a motivator now as MM was very soft spoken who can take us forward.  We have a squad more than capable of being in the top 10. The players will want to play for a new manager. DON’T expect results right away if Byrne and Williams are in charge though (which I am lead to believe they won’t be) , Williams and Byrne are part of the problem. The results will come when the new manager comes in.

Reality is MM will likely never get another managerial job, his record is poor at best but will get a coaching job somewhere in Scotland I expect. As a person I wish MM all the best, as a fan I would say good riddance and let’s now “do a spurs”

UP THE TOWN!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: