Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: slips  (Read 2389 times)
DMR

« on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 17:29:53 »

what does everyone make of it then?

i think we're in real danger of understating the issue, the aussies in their prime had terrific slippers in hayden, mark waugh, taylor, warne etc.

i think trescothicks probably one of the most reliable first slips around now, but i think the rest are actually pretty poor- freddie's overrated in there and strauss didn't even do it for his county?

hard work needed.
fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 18:08:37 »

bad day at the office .. if we do it again in the next test ... start panicking
STFC Village

« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 19:30:45 »

Disagree about Flintoff, the man has buckets for hands. One bad drop doesn't make you a shit slip catcher. Apart from Freddie and Tresco, the rest are poor, but we need to blood players in the slips at some stage. And i'd rather they did it against Sri Lanka, than the Aussies.

Collie could do a job in there, best fielder/catcher in the team, despite his shocking drop today...not that he was alone.
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 19:38:14 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Disagree about Flintoff, the man has buckets for hands. One bad drop doesn't make you a shit slip catcher. Apart from Freddie and Tresco, the rest are poor, but we need to blood players in the slips at some stage. And i'd rather they did it against Sri Lanka, than the Aussies.

Collie could do a job in there, best fielder/catcher in the team, despite his shocking drop today...not that he was alone.

Nah, he's dropped one today and he's dropped one in nearly every series he's played in, dropped a couple of sitters in the Ashes if I recall.

He'll improve because he's skill though.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 19:42:22 »

we were fuckin ace in the slips in every series from windies away to india away over the last 3 years. one bad test match and people get all fickle. if we're shit all summer then its worth half worrying about, not just one game
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 19:45:39 »

disagree boeta... we tend to put down 1 or 2 regulation chances per innings... OK we haven't been made to pay really but there's absolutely no way they're "fucking ace"
sonic youth

« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 21:37:15 »

perhaps they're a bit rusty
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2006, 06:48:19 »

We were sat watching on Friday trying to work out who were the slips,it took us about five minutes.Its just the result of playing a bit of an inexperienced team,as Village has said,its better they are played now than against the aussies.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: