Poll
Question: If you had the choice  (Voting closed: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 11:43:28)
Keep him for next season and lose him for free. - 4 (22.2%)
Cash in on him this season. - 9 (50%)
Try and sell him during next season. - 5 (27.8%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Parkin Choice  (Read 2205 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 11:43:28 »

If you had the choice.
Would you keep Sam Parkin for another season and lose him for nothing.
Or Cash in on him at the end of this season?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 11:47:33 »

Its a tough decision, espcially with the CVA payment coming up. If we could get him to sign a 1 year extension and then sell him at the end of next season would be the ideal.

Hes been quite quiet about it all and i'm not sure when the club will start offering contracts again.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 12:09:53 »

I have a sneaking suspiscion Parkin *may* be willing to stay on beyond his current contract - especially if we slip into the playoffs or impress next season.  I don't think we should talk of cashing in on him at the end of this season or I fear we'll be writing off next season as well.  His goals have been so valuable, and he has at times carried the team.

However, I can see the sense of cashing in on him, but that requires a bid and the transfer market hasn't exactly been overactive in chasers for Parkin.  The demand will need to go up before we get some serious money, so we can start a bidding war, because at the moment I can't see us getting in excess of 400K, which I reckon Swindon may be forced to accept or lose him on a free.

This of course will change if people notice he's got 22 goals this season (set to rise beyond 25 which is a huge tally) and then we might see bigger clubs than Hull coming in for him.  Hopefully King will able to use a lot of the profits from his sale to get replacements....  I'm sure he can find another Parkin and not a Slabber!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 12:15:10 »

Another excellent striker for 50k would do nicely me thinks!
King does have the ability to spot a good player who isn't wanted by a club like Chelsea.

If possible I would also get him to sign an extension and either sell him during next season or at the end of it.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 13:12:35 »

Let's be honest, te way it looks now we're going to HAVE to cash in on him.

I'd like to see him stay and get us promoted next season, but I can't see it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 13:26:20 »

I say we clone him....
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 13:31:11 »

I like that  Cheesy
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 15:44:09 »

so who has the machine then these days?
Dazzza

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 16:04:27 »

Tough call really looking back over the past few seasons with King at the helm there is no doubt that we would have been relegated by now had it not been for him.  Fair enough another striker in his place may well have scored a few but I can't see anyone who would have got close to the same tally.

I say take a gamble hold on to him for next season and see what's happening around Xmas for the transfer window.

Should we be forcing a playoff spot or even better a promotion place then throw everything at him for a further 18 month extension.  If not then take the money before he's on a free and look to rebuild.

He wants to play at that higher level and that's what it will come down to at the end of the day.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 10:09:10 »

I just hope the board don't do a usual Swindon scenerio when they'll say a player wonn't go for less than £500k, then a bid comes in, for say £100k, and they accept it. Think they will piss everyone off!!

We should wait til January 06 then cash in IMO.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Piemonte

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 11:38:35 »

If he wont extend his contract we need to be sellin at the end of the season to make sure we get a decent price for him.

Losing him for nothing or £50-£100k in the January transfer window would be a disaster.
Marie

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 12:25:20 »

Quote from: "Whits"

Hes been quite quiet about it all and i'm not sure when the club will start offering contracts again.

Its just started last week!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: