Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Holmeward bound  (Read 3375 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 14:55:32 »

Remember it's Howard who think he's a central midfielder not King.

I think central midfield will be my best position

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/news_headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=3439

“I think I’ll ask the gaffer to leave me in that position from now on

“Everyone knows I prefer to play in the middle because I get more involved. There were times against Brentford the other day when I didn’t touch the ball for 10 minutes out on the wing.

“The gaffer wants me out there though and says I have the quality to come in and ping passes with my left foot, whip over crosses for Sam Parkin and to get to the back stick myself.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 15:57:10 »

Quote from: "Rich"
Midfield should be

Igoe - Mig - Hewlett - Smith

I agree with Sooty and Sweep.  Everyone assumes Lard Arse will come back in, but why not the above formation? :?:
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 15:58:57 »

Because Smith is not as good on the wing and has played fairly well in the middle!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
McLovin

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 16:02:40 »

Because it still includes Hewlett. That in itself is a good enough reason to ignore that idea...
Piemonte

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 16:34:51 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Because it still includes Hewlett. That in itself is a good enough reason to ignore that idea...

Its a fair point
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 16:51:12 »

Smith must NOT go on the wing. He's the slowest player we've got and that includes Heywood and Reeves!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 16:51:25 »

Hmmmm.....so we seem to have a choice of either Hoolitt in the middle or Howard on the wing.

Both options are a bit shite really aren't they?  But then this is STFC isn't it?  I suppose team selection more often than not boils down to the lesser of two evils :roll:
DMR

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 16:54:20 »

How'd you figure that one OST?

Could always play Roberts on the left. Or Caton. Plus be fair, we can't keep slating fatty when he's hardly played for 3 months. Give him a go.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 17:19:06 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
How'd you figure that one OST?

Could always play Roberts on the left. Or Caton. Plus be fair, we can't keep slating fatty when he's hardly played for 3 months. Give him a go.

OK, play him. To be honest Dave, I don't really care.
Dazzza

« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 22:33:51 »

Nice bit from the lad in the WDP today...

But if that does not happen, the England Under-19 ace admits Swindon would be high on list of future loan destinations.

"From a personal view, hopefully I can get in the team at Derby, which unfortunately means I won't be coming back to Swindon," said Holmes.

"But it is something you cannot rule out. Because if I'm not in the Derby team Swindon is a place I can always look to. So if the time comes when I have to go out on loan again, then hopefully the manager (Andy King) will have me back."

Hopefully if Derby can get promotion this season we may just be in with a chance at some point to see him back next season.

DMR

« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 22:38:33 »

I hope he gets drunk on all his MOTM champers and flashes Burley and gets fired. Then we can have him  Cool
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: