Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 ... 1230   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4413370 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3975 on: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 21:22:20 »

What a crap standard of hoofball though, both sides struggling to put more than two passes together.

If this is the standard no wonder Scottish football is in such a mess.

It's not surprising that Hearts look a bit poor, seeing as they're on -2 points for the season. Maurice Malpas looked happy when Collins scored, mind....tbf took it well.

Missed a sitter at the end....Owain Tudur Jones sighted...a rare bird of passage in British football.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 21:43:06 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3976 on: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 22:15:33 »

Hearts basically have to field a youth team this season. The Romanov era definitely has bitten us jambos in the arse now!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3977 on: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 22:21:49 »

Compared to most of their derby games this was a cracker, lovely rendition of Sunshine on Leith post match, wish we had a song like that to belt out.

Surprised Collins hasn't bagged a few more, it's pretty much the same standard as league 1 with exception of Celtic and the Jambos currently
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3978 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 19:13:52 »

Someone mentioned the pitch invader on a thread somewhere. Found some good footage here of Hearts scoring and the pitch invasion. Sadly the main bit seems to have been missed -

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #3979 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 19:29:58 »

Plenty of passion on show there
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3980 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 19:39:49 »

Plenty of passion on show there

I went to a number of Edinburgh derbies. Couldn't beat Hearts scoring and winning at Easter Road, some great goal celebrations I saw at ER.

Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #3981 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 19:53:33 »

Definitely an enviable crowd contribution to the occasion. Makes our derby days south of the border a trifle restrained. Echo the comment about Sunshine on Leith. Scarfs aloft and belted out with such enthusiasm. Think Hibs went 13 games without success against their maroon rivals up until recently. Bearing in mind Hearts financial predicament I expect they'll be playing their Prodi friends Rangers next season in division one - who'd have forseen that a few seasons ago.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #3982 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 19:55:37 »

Someone mentioned the pitch invader on a thread somewhere. Found some good footage here of Hearts scoring and the pitch invasion. Sadly the main bit seems to have been missed -

I mentioned someone was getting turfed out with a copper on either side. It may be the same geezer Cheesy
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3983 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 21:05:04 »

That'd make a great town end (if we had a bit more regular support  Smiley)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3984 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 21:29:29 »

I remember we played Hibs in a pre season friendly 1990....but that's about it, suspect we may have lost as everyone was in a bit of a daze after the events at the end of the previous season, although a 2-2 draw would be an outside punt...even Richard B hasn't got the score on his site.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3985 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 21:52:46 »

That'd make a great town end (if we had a bit more regular support  Smiley)

Agree with you.
The TE is a shadow of what it was like in 70's and 80's. In fact seating has killed it.
However when it is full it can still deliver.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #3986 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 21:59:32 »

I remember we played Hibs in a pre season friendly 1990....but that's about it, suspect we may have lost as everyone was in a bit of a daze after the events at the end of the previous season, although a 2-2 draw would be an outside punt...even Richard B hasn't got the score on his site.

It was 2-2 Reg, i went to that game, and although i don't remember much about it (i believe it was a testimonial for John Trollope, i'll try and dig the programme out) it was 2-2. Thinking about it, i've got the goals on video somewhere of that game....
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3987 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 22:00:18 »

I went to that. My mind might be playing tricks on me but I remember Tom Jones scoring a great chipped goal.
I think you're right about the score - 2-2 is how I recall it.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #3988 on: Friday, January 3, 2014, 23:16:51 »

Agree with you.
The TE is a shadow of what it was like in 70's and 80's. In fact seating has killed it.
However when it is full it can still deliver.

Agreed
Prefer the town end though have to admit for the more boring games when I dont think there will be much of an atmoshere I will sit in the DRS as the view is much better.
So I guess I contribute to there not being an atmosphere  Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3989 on: Saturday, January 4, 2014, 01:50:23 »

It was 2-2 Reg, i went to that game, and although i don't remember much about it (i believe it was a testimonial for John Trollope, i'll try and dig the programme out) it was 2-2. Thinking about it, i've got the goals on video somewhere of that game....

Fuck me that came out of the back brain....STFC is probably the only pre 1900 Old and New Swindon amalgamation, cultural beacon still extant in the town....prob why SBC has no interest in it.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 ... 1230   Go Up
Print
Jump to: