Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 68970 times)
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 15:55:29 »

so you was the one on the happy bus who kept kicking the back of my seat.
cheers fella!

ooh ive finally posted up on here, hi everyone

Sorry mate!! I was buzzing, couldn't stop fiddling with that tray/cup holder on the back of the seat.

Sorry!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
china red

« Reply #631 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:06:11 »

I went to bed last night at half time (11pm here) which really is quite early but I couldn't bear to keep an eye on the text.  I woke up this morning about 6am and lay in bed for what felt like an eternity wondering if we had won, lost or drawn.  When I got up and turned on my computer I just sat there giggling to myself for about ten minutes after checking the result.  Today has been a day of smiles, checking the league table and thinking about how much this result means to me.  I was there when Robinson scored that 95th minute equaliser and this result feels like pay back.  The home result went some way to making up for that game but this game has more than made up for it.

Thanks to the players, thanks to the management and thanks to the board for giving us fans such an amazing season.  It's been years of hurt for the fans, just wish I had been there to savour this victory in person.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:07:51 by china red » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:07:21 »

Compare that with other big teams that have dropped to this level, Man City & Sheff Weds, those teams seemed to embrace it a bit more and think 'ah well, some new grounds to go to and let's have a laugh' whereas Leeds fans seem to think they are still in the Champions League and keep harking back to the 60's and 70's teams.

When they first got relegated their fans had exactly the same mentality as the Leeds fans have now, the only real difference is that their fans got up to speed a lot quicker than the Leeds fans have. I'm not sure the Leeds fans will ever get it though, some of them still think they'll be winning the Premier League within a few seasons.

Given the size of their fan base and attendances, Leeds have got massive financial resources compared to us plus they wiped out their debts with the administration and Bates buy out a couple of years back. Which makes it all the more unbelievable that they're fucking it up again - they should be walking promotion with the money they've got. Instead they're getting trounced by a team that includes four of their rejects - that has to hurt.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #633 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:30:17 »

Leeds could do alot worse and actually take a leaf out of Newcastles book.The way they have quietly gone about things this year is an example alot of so called big teams could follow.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:32:50 »

Given the size of their fan base and attendances, Leeds have got massive financial resources compared to us plus they wiped out their debts with the administration and Bates buy out a couple of years back. Which makes it all the more unbelievable that they're fucking it up again - they should be walking promotion with the money they've got.
You're assuming they have got the money and that those "massive financial resources" are made available to the club and not whisked offshore somewhere. Many Leeds fans seem to have doubts that this is the case under the benign rule of Mr Bates and his mystery owners (who I'd guess see a remarkably similar view in the bathroom mirror to that which he sees)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:37:12 »

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but Ken Bates is even more of a fucking cunt than i thought

Been reading his matchday notes in the programme, and he's goes on about Carlisle getting their "just desserts by being well and truly stuffed by Southampton".

Can this bloke not acknowledge defeat in any form?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:39:35 »

Been reading Fitton's matchday notes in tomorrow's programme, and he's goes on about Leeds United getting their "just desserts by being well and truly stuffed by Swindon".

That sounds much better  Smiley

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:43:46 »

Leeds could do alot worse and actually take a leaf out of Newcastles book.The way they have quietly gone about things this year is an example alot of so called big teams could follow.

And Leicester in this league last season.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:48:32 »

Mr Bates and his mystery owners

Did I miss something? I thought Bates had been outed as the mystery owner.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:51:23 »

Did I miss something? I thought Bates had been outed as the mystery owner.
Yes and no. He was forced to contradict himself on whether he owned management shares in one of the myriad of holding co's involved, but still denies he's the owner or part of the consortium he claims are the ultimate beneficial owners. But then he is a fucking lying cock
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:07:28 »

Just heard the "into bit" for 606 - Leeds fan on saying he was at the game yesterday and they were "unlucky to lose". Three goals without reply in both legs says otherwise, dick
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:12:27 »

Just heard the "into bit" for 606 - Leeds fan on saying he was at the game yesterday and they were "unlucky to lose". Three goals without reply in both legs says otherwise, dick

he must of missed the second half then!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:13:13 »

It's great being a Town fan at the moent! Southampton was my favourite away game this season. Until yesterday.
Not only did we finally beat leeds at elland rd, we fucking dubbed them and then rubbed their noses in it. Whole team stepped up yesterday, that's what's needed for the next 7 games. 21 points still to play for, but the simple fact is, if we match millwall and leeds results we're going up.

Manager, players and fans were all brilliant. There was only one club united at leeds and it wasn't the home club!

On a side note, can someone please post simple instructions on how to display a scarve in the rear window of a car? DRS and Leefer spent about 10 minutes attempting this highly complicated task at the services yesterday, but couldn't achieve the desired result......

Just take a look at my car tomorrow in the Merlin-hopefully!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:15:09 »

Going by other Leeds' reactions he would be in a minority, most of them seem to put it down to their own team's lack of performance. Given that the second half consisted mainly of Leeds players doing their best to audition for the Fourth Plinth, I think that chap has consumed too much Black Sheep.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #644 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:19:12 »

And Norridge.

Hardly heard a peep out of them yet they are dead certs to win th eleague.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: