Poll
Question: Should Danny Wilson get the sack?
No
Yes

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should Wilson be sacked  (Read 46143 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:05:41 »

The no option is doing a lot better than I thought it would. It might be because polls are shit.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:06:22 »

Him going next week would be a bad idea, If he's going to go it needs to be now to allow time for the new man to bring some players in.

Apart from a striker and a centre back or two, what else do we need? If a new manager were to replace him, is two weeks long enough to make a judgement on the current squad, scout potential signings and complete the deal(s)? No, we'd be looking at the loan market and that doesn't close properly for quite some time so why rush things?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:07:37 »

what were you screaming coming down the stairs just before FT ?

I quite like Angry Dave

I've got no idea. Probably something to do with Timlin

Things get better but they never get good
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:08:13 »

You're seriously deluded. We're shit.

Or someone who believes it's the players that are letting everyone down, not just Danny.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:11:31 »

Or someone who believes it's the players that are letting everyone down, not just Danny.

Of course it's the players. But why hasn't Danny sorted it? He's had 24 games FFS and that's just league games. Time is up.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:12:05 »

To be honest i would keep him....

I think I would too, but it is crunch time.  So only on the condition that he has a clear plan to get us out of this mess and start pulling up the table.  As others have said, if he is to go, it has to be now - in order that his successor has a fighting chance to make a mark.  But personally, I don't think the manager that took us to Wembley last season has become a crap manager during the space of less than 12 months.  I know he's made mistakes, but I still think he can turn this around.  Blind faith?  Maybe.

8000 there today which tells me the fans have been incredibly loyal.

This is a point that needs to be made more often.  We're having a dog of a season, but the fans are still turning up.  I hope the board appreciates this.  Of course, the board played a part in this with the pricing policy initiative...but when they did it, they effectively challenged the fans to show their colours.  And I think the fans have upheld their end of the bargain.  I suppose what I'm trying to say is that the good work has not yet completely unravelled.  But crowds will start to dip again if people feel that the club is losing direction.

I hope the board and fans alike stay the course during a sticky period.  We remain one of the better supported clubs in this division.  Should be doing so much better than this.  Still time to turn this around.  We need signings.  We need a clear message from the manager about how he's going to turn this around.  And we need a strong finish to the season, even if that does only give us a mid table finish.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:17:13 »

Next week will be very interesting.  Very important match as they are as shit as us at the moment.  On top if that Fitton is summarising on the radio during the match.

Never knowingly overstated.

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:17:24 »

aint we got 5000+ season ticket holders? add the away support to that and it doesn't sound so great.

unless something chages big time, watch it drop next season.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:18:42 »

aint we got 5000+ season ticket holders? add the away support to that and it doesn't sound so great.

unless something chages big time, watch it drop next season.

Exactly Arriba.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:20:10 »

True.....but for Yeovil at home,playing crap...two weeks after Xmas.....not bad at all.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:20:37 »

True.....but for Yeovil at home,playing crap...two weeks after Xmas.....not bad at all.

Exactly Leefer

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:23:48 »

because they have season tickets.
how many will have paid on the gate?
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:25:34 »

Apart from a striker and a centre back or two, what else do we need? If a new manager were to replace him, is two weeks long enough to make a judgement on the current squad, scout potential signings and complete the deal(s)? No, we'd be looking at the loan market and that doesn't close properly for quite some time so why rush things?

If Austin goes it's 2 strikers we need.
Also for much of the season, including the last 2 home games I believe it's in midfield where our weakness has been most apparent.  We either need to sign another midfielder or find the combination of the current bunch that clicks.  I think Dougie is our best player but can only recall that he and Prutton have really played well together once.  

Also, why rush things?  We're in a relegation dogfight and maybe sooner rather than later the teams below will pick up the points to overhaul us if we don't react fairly quickly.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:26:01 »

How many people won't renew next season because of how bad it has been?

At this rate probably between 1,000-2,000 as a rough guess, I already know of people who aren't/thinking of not renewing.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 21:28:43 »

if we're in League 2 probably a good proportion.
If we manage to stay up it's likely to depend on who is manager by then and who we sign - a scrap ending in a narrow escape with Wilson still at the helm then many less ST holders next year - and expect crowds about 6,000 or less.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: