Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Good Luck Wish From SSP  (Read 3482 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 15:12:12 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Reckon we could get him in as a player manager?
Cool quality idea
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 15:14:13 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

If snggles the happy rabbit comes anywhere near me I'll shoot the cunt

Cunt and rabbit in the same sentence but no rampant. You're losing your touch pieface  :nono:
Piemonte

« Reply #17 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 15:15:15 »

I'm been blinded by friday afternoon rage Si Crying
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 16:07:30 »

Thankyou SSP  :smile1:  Legend.

I think I am very naive in thinking that one day he will come back to swindon town.

RED ARMY
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 16:45:46 »

Piemonte, you are absolutely correct. He wouldnt get in an XI of players that ive seen at the County Ground, and Ive only been going since 1992. Probably a squad of 23.

But theres a whole generation of new fans now, since about 1998 that have only really had two STFC cult heroes. Sam Parkin and Tommy (spit) Mooney. I mean my favourite player in the late 90's was Scott Leitch!

So go easy on those (perhaps younger) fans who still regard Sam Parkin as a hero. Plus he triggered an upsurge in our fortunes so he was a very important player for the club.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 16:52:45 »

TY was the best, followed by leitch. walters was probabaly the best technical player we had

(in my short life)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 16:58:12 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Piemonte, you are absolutely correct. He wouldnt get in an XI of players that ive seen at the County Ground, and Ive only been going since 1992. Probably a squad of 23.

But theres a whole generation of new fans now, since about 1998 that have only really had two STFC cult heroes. Sam Parkin and Tommy (spit) Mooney. I mean my favourite player in the late 90's was Scott Leitch!

So go easy on those (perhaps younger) fans who still regard Sam Parkin as a hero. Plus he triggered an upsurge in our fortunes so he was a very important player for the club.

Last paragraph, spot on  Yes  I will always regard him as a hero.....before I thought that grazioli and invincible would be my first 'hero' type players.....then parkin came along and brought a whole new meaning to the word for me, also I met him a few times and he's such a top bloke. Heart of gold and always had time for the fans. The fact he still shows feelings for this club means a hell of alot to us and I think he will always be respected for that.

RED ARMY
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, April 21, 2006, 17:39:34 »

No doubt that SSP is a Town hero....but I'd say there's a bit between hero status and legend status, and SSP probably never bridged that gap.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: