Poll
Question: 24hr drinking, what do you think?  (Voting closed: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 10:34:47)
Superb! - 21 (55.3%)
Bad Idea - 8 (21.1%)
Not bothered - 9 (23.7%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 24hr drinking.  (Read 7846 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 21:00:33 »

In regards to nightclubs, yes some will suffer, the fuckin shit ones, that play shit music rip off door entrance fees and huge drink prices. any semi decent club will survive, people want to go out and dance not just drink.

the hours kept by this nation will shift over a period of time with people going out later and later, but in the long run, we are a nation of drinkers and long may that last.

I think you're 100% spot on there. Yes
STFC Village

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 21:04:27 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
In regards to nightclubs, yes some will suffer, the fuckin shit ones, that play shit music rip off door entrance fees and huge drink prices. any semi decent club will survive, people want to go out and dance not just drink.

the hours kept by this nation will shift over a period of time with people going out later and later, but in the long run, we are a nation of drinkers and long may that last.

I think you're 100% spot on there. Yes
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-048.gif
adje

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 21:15:17 »

I dont think I could drink for 24 hours

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 21:17:23 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"

That's class! Cheesy

Quote from: "adje"
It's a challenge isn't it and I for one am going to give it a damn good go.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 21:21:12 »

Most pubs have a bit of a dance floor anyway nowadays. The calls for nightclubs are long gone....

I just dance anywhere anyhow.  :\/

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 21:22:14 »

you obviously go to the wrong nightclubs.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 21:23:40 »

yeah! you want to go to Mex's Indie Club!  Cheesy
Dazzza

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 21:23:49 »

Aye, there will always be ‘clubbers clubs’ but the likes of the provincial Ritzy complete with sticky carpets will be on the way out.

Like Ben said it’s pretty much been the way in cities for a few years now.  The bars (not pubs) in the likes of Manchester, Liverpool and London all operate off club licenses and usually have a DJ and dance floor in an attempt to cater to the masses.

Some clubs will go the other way changing the style to accommodate the more casual drinker in the day but you’ll always get the clubs people go to dance in playing house, garage, R&B etc…

The danger is a lot of pubs will re-furbish in a sea of chrome and pine to try and keep up.     Crying

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 21:25:13 »

Theres no-where to go in Swindon  :evil:

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 21:28:12 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Aye, there will always be ‘clubbers clubs’ but the likes of the provincial Ritzy complete with sticky carpets will be on the way out.

Like Ben said it’s pretty much been the way in cities for a few years now.  The bars (not pubs) in the likes of Manchester, Liverpool and London all operate off club licenses and usually have a DJ and dance floor in an attempt to cater to the masses.

Some clubs will go the other way changing the style to accommodate the more casual drinker in the day but you’ll always get the clubs people go to dance in playing house, garage, R&B etc…

The danger is a lot of pubs will re-furbish in a sea of chrome and pine to try and keep up.     Crying

thats what my local has done but its made it 10 times better even though it looks like a trendy bar at the bottom of town
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 21:58:36 »

soapy tit wank.

24 hour drinking: 3 weeks of media frenzy following those that find it a novalty and get into trouble. Then it will alll settle down and I seriously doubt anything will be any better or worse than now.

http://www.zen49395.zen.co.uk/pics/jacko.gif
STFC Village

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 22:08:58 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

That's class! Cheesy
I've been waiting ages to use that one Cool

Quote from: "Adje"
I'm with Ben on this one, i'm going to give it a reet good go! My original plan was to do 24 pints/shots in 24 hours, but that would be boring, as my usual pace is a pint every 20 minutes (at slowest). Which means that even if i slow my pace, i'll be looking at roughly 40-50 pints/shots over the 24 period :shock:

I'm going to have to think about this one.....
McLovin

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 22:37:58 »

i think it would be rude to not try and stay in a pub for 24 hours, just because its an option!
TalkTalk

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 22:45:26 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
So does anyone have the definitive list of Swindon pubs staying open late?

Sorry everybody is ignoring your plea, Fatbury.

It is:

Gangsters in Havelock Square
Angelos on Fleet Street
Wrag Barn Golf Course

Four 24 hour supermarkets (you can guess which ones)

One all night garage

If you go over the "County Line" (so to speak), Riff's Bar at Greatfield will be staying open late on music nights (Fri/Sat) but admission only until 11pm.

Not a huge take up then. I can't really see why it is going to have much effect. We only have so much to spend on beer ;-)
Danjackson10

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 23:37:59 »

more time to get pissed. the end
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: