Poll
Question: 24hr drinking, what do you think?  (Voting closed: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 10:34:47)
Superb! - 21 (55.3%)
Bad Idea - 8 (21.1%)
Not bothered - 9 (23.7%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 24hr drinking.  (Read 7844 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 10:34:47 »

Agree/Disagree?

Theres only three pubs in swindon applied for it. It doesn't bother me tbh. I think it'll reduce violence in town centre's, and won't encourage binge drinking. It will be good for shift workers because on their way home if they need some beer from thesupermarket, after a nightmare shift, they can get some.

I'm all in favour!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 10:35:43 »

what are the 3 pubs?

/
W56196272
mattboyslim

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 10:41:09 »

Good idea, it's not as though it'll be everywhere and sometimes it's nice to stay in the pub a bit later, often by about 10.30 you feel like they are closing up.  I think it'll be mostly hotels who can stay open and serve residents so will apply for the licence to serve the public too.
Northern Red

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 10:41:42 »

Bollocks - it won't reduce binge drinking - all that will happen is that more quantity will be drunk, the pubs make more money, the breweries make money and the government makes more money via taxes on alcohol.

It's all about money and nothing to do with tackling the problem
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 10:46:58 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
what are the 3 pubs?

I heard a rumour that the swiss chalet had one, not too sure about the others. I know that Chavbah in town has an extended license.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 10:56:06 »

I am too old for getting hammered so I don't care  Sad
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 11:00:16 »

This has been exercising my mind in the recent weeks, and I've decided it wil be a case of wait and see.....
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 11:11:45 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
what are the 3 pubs?

I heard a rumour that the swiss chalet had one, not too sure about the others. I know that Chavbah in town has an extended license.

Cheesy thats 2 seconds from my work i hope they are open at 6am

/
W56196272
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 11:32:01 »

What would be class is if everyone over the age of 18 went out on Thursday night, straight from work, then turned up for work the next day hammered, in the same clothing, pissed as George Best in 1971.

Just so, for once the do gooders and conservative press could be proven right for once.
STFC Village

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 11:55:40 »

Totally in favour! Means i can go for a pint when i finish work (7am) Cheesy
Dazzza

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 12:35:29 »

What’s the implication for those that don’t apply, do they have a kicking out time they must still comply to?

Nowt will happen, most pubs will stay open until 12:30(ish) but people will either head home or head for clubs after that.

Nightclubs will turn out to be the losers there will no longer be a mass evacuation of punters at last orders desperate for more drink but more of a steady selective crowd of clubbers.

fatbury

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 12:50:05 »

It will mean Nightclubs will be empty ...  and everyone will stay in the bar .. end of the nightclub era maybe?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 12:52:11 »

According to the land lord of our pub, every pub in England and Wales can now serve until 1am 7 days a week.  Also from tomorrow there is no 20 minute drinking up time, you just have to leave when the land lord asks you to.  Which is a bit of a bastard for me cos I'm gonna be knackered after working Sunday nights then getting up for my proper job on Monday morning.
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 12:52:58 »

I'm all for it, athough the chances of me walking up at 4.30 am and thinking"i fancy a pint" are nil.

It bmay well spell the end of nightclubs, most of them anyway.

The nightclub era died with the 90's. Either that or I'm an old cunt thses days.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 12:54:12 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
What’s the implication for those that don’t apply, do they have a kicking out time they must still comply to?

Nowt will happen, most pubs will stay open until 12:30(ish) but people will either head home or head for clubs after that.

Nightclubs will turn out to be the losers there will no longer be a mass evacuation of punters at last orders desperate for more drink but more of a steady selective crowd of clubbers.

Think you're probably right .......in a sense this has been going on for a while now.....quite a few of the pubs in Swindon have been open til 1 and 2 Thursday, Friday, Sat  for at least a couple of years now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: