Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Full English.  (Read 7902 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 15:13:59 »

I recommend the Fat Dog for a slightly cheaper meal than the Brewhouse I've yet to try the Brewhouse, it looks good.

http://www.thefatdog.co.uk/

Also never realised Leefer was that, um, mature Smiley
------
On topic, never been a fan of that kind food Leefer so my opinion is open a Nandos instead.

agreed, could never find a chippy in swindon that was really good. best I've had is from laughing halibut in Westminster but there must be better somewhere??

I tried Simms just after they won an award. Thought they were very average. I know there must be a few about around here somewhere but loved it in Australia where you selected your fish and they cooked it fresh for you (the only one I've been to here is at Lizard, though you didn't get a choice it was freshly cooked local catch
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 15:18:11 by Batch » Logged
china red

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 15:21:40 »

I live so far from the sea here and all the locals eat bottom feeding river fish, not goo for fish and chips.  In fact not good for anything,
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 15:59:40 »

I maintain that if I ever win some money on the lottery i'm gonna open a big American style BBQ restaurant in Swindon, I reckon that would go down a storm.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:04:47 »

The best fish and chip shop I've ever found is right here in the west Midlands.
Barry Scott

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:10:04 »

I recommend the Fat Dog for a slightly cheaper meal than the Brewhouse I've yet to try the Brewhouse, it looks good.

http://www.thefatdog.co.uk/

I like good food and had a menu put through my door for that place. I was desperate to go and was then told by 2 separate people the food was bad and over priced. I take it this is not the case then?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:16:10 »

I like good food and had a menu put through my door for that place. I was desperate to go and was then told by 2 separate people the food was bad and over priced. I take it this is not the case then?

I liked it, went a little while ago (a year).  When we went the food was definitely not bad, in fact it was good.
But I've only been once, so maybe we got lucky?

Will agree it was not cheap, but its not Brewhouse expensive.
Barry Scott

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:19:13 »

Well, I keep meaning to go to the Brewhouse, so I'll go to both and make my own mind up (as I should've anyway) soon!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:23:36 »

Was just looking at tripadvisor reviews for both places.

They both have reviews that range from terrible to excellent. About as helpful as buying Stephen Hawking a pair of roller-skates.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:36:43 »

Trip advisor is a pile of shite.  User reviews, no quality control and no checking if the reviews are actually real.  Basically anyone can slag anyone off on trip advisor. 

Never knowingly overstated.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 16:42:17 »

...but most of the time the reviews are 5 star excellent.

while I'm here, can anyone recommend somewhere nearish Swindon that does good pub food (particularly a really fucking good steak) that's decently priced? Needs to be NE of Swindon.

ta

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 17:35:21 »

The White Hart is pretty good now. Dunno if they do liver though?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 18:10:44 »

If you are looking for a good spit roast may i recommend the emirates?

[url width=600 height=450]http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x480/tanswell2010/AjyCldOCAAAKv9H.jpg[/url]
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 18:17:27 »

If you are looking for a good spit roast may i recommend the emirates?

[url width=600 height=450]http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x480/tanswell2010/AjyCldOCAAAKv9H.jpg[/url]

Cats are better than dogs FACT
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 18:58:13 »

The White Hart is pretty good now. Dunno if they do liver though?

No aribba they don't deliver. Cheesy

Weighbridge fully booked on Saturdays for the next month and no kids allowed anyway in the evenings so will have to find elsewhere.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 19:01:37 »

...but most of the time the reviews are 5 star excellent.

while I'm here, can anyone recommend somewhere nearish Swindon that does good pub food (particularly a really fucking good steak) that's decently priced? Needs to be NE of Swindon.

ta

Not in Swindon, but the Greyhound in Siddington (nr Cirencester) does excellent food, been there a few times.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: