Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds Game  (Read 25152 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 23:00:19 »

The big crowd will be because they are still a big club, for now, so they draw in lapsed fans as well as plenty of people who will go with no affiliation with either club other than living in Swindon.  If you ask them they won't claim to be fans either, I know a few who are interested in going but have teams thank you very much.  Has nobody every gone to watch another game that Swindon were not involved in?

To be honest, it's money in our bank, so who gives a fuck why they come.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 23:43:49 »

The only thing that will annoys me about playing Leeds at home is that it seems to be the only game of the season where there will be away supporters in with the home fans who will cheer if Leeds score.

Had a whole family of em in front of us last season.

Wankers

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 23:56:06 »

Are sure that's not like their version of the junior robins Wiggy,years ago when my boy was a youngster we was given free tickets for the family stand away to blackburn,when we got to ewood park their family stand was the upper tier at other end from the town fans.

We happened to get the same reaction as you're talking about from their fan's,about fifteen of us was in our colours surrounded by a mass of blue and white.I think leeds and other clubs may do the same thing,being a school night tho you may find it different this time around.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 23:58:32 »

Are sure that's not like their version of the junior robins Wiggy,years ago when my boy was a youngster we was given free tickets for the family stand away to blackburn,when we got to ewood park their family stand was the upper tier at other end from the town fans.

We happened to get the same reaction as you're talking about from their fan's,about fifteen of us was in our colours surrounded by a mass of blue and white.I think leeds and other clubs may do the same thing,being a school night tho you may find it different this time around.
Nah, you do get plenty of Leeds fans dotted around in the home end. Although I'd imagine quite a few will buy their tickets on the day, and it looks like this one might sell out
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 00:07:28 »

They are no different to any "big" club, they have fans all over the country so will no doubt have many fans in the home end. Personally I'll never understand why people feel affilliated to a club from another part of the country that they have absolutely no connection with, but it seems pretty common in the UK  Smiley . I go to my local pub to have a beer and watch a game and it always makes me chuckle inside when I hear "come on United" in a strong west country burr. Each to their own  Roll Eyes
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 00:35:30 »

They are no different to any "big" club, they have fans all over the country so will no doubt have many fans in the home end. Personally I'll never understand why people feel affilliated to a club from another part of the country that they have absolutely no connection with, but it seems pretty common in the UK  Smiley . I go to my local pub to have a beer and watch a game and it always makes me chuckle inside when I hear "come on United" in a strong west country burr. Each to their own  Roll Eyes
You say it's common in the UK, and you're right. However, I wouldn't say it's more common than elsewhere, and I think one of the things we can hold on to in this country is that we have the best supported lower league system in the world. Germany, Italy, Spain...once you get outside the top division or two there's not a lot going on.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 01:23:35 »

Personally I'll never understand why people feel affilliated to a club from another part of the country that they have absolutely no connection with, but it seems pretty common in the UK.

I reckon its a lot less common here and at least they do it with clubs in the country they live in.

There might be a lot of "fake" Man Utd fans in England, but that's nothing compared to the number in Asia.

Don't forget either that the Premier League is a lot bigger in the other main European football countries, than any of their leagues are over here. I can't be arsed watching any foreign football but everybody loves the Premier League.

I was watching a magazine style programme for La Liga or Seria A, and they were saying loads of supporters there like to keep up to date with the Premier League as its like a soap opera. Not sure that's a good thing, but still.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 04:26:56 »

I'm bringing along 3 friends who support other clubs. I also got them along to the Southampton game. That's £22 x 6 into the clubs bank account.
More importantly their is a chance that one who supports Chelsea, would get a season ticket for the Town if the deals right.
The way I look at it, we need bigger gates, & dragging a few mates along initiallly to high profile games can only help that

From the Dark Side
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 08:40:07 »

Nah, you do get plenty of Leeds fans dotted around in the home end. Although I'd imagine quite a few will buy their tickets on the day, and it looks like this one might sell out

They should be kicked out when found as well, that is why there is a home and away end
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 09:42:17 »

They should be kicked out when found as well, that is why there is a home and away end

One or two seasons ago there was a leeds fan in the town end who was found due to reacting to a goal someone told him to leave  Cheesy. The steward then took him away, presumably to another part of the ground.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 13:38:59 »

I think if fan;s are found to have purchased tickets for the wrong area of the ground then insteado f being put into the correct end they should be kicked out of the ground, the know when they purchase their ticket where they wil lbe sitting so there is no excuses, if opposition fans are found in the home end and sit there quietly and don't start jumping around to support their team then fine it's not a problem but the opposite just causes problems.
The Artist Billy Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 13:47:03 »

Night game, will be a cracking atmosphere.

On our current form, we can match them.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 13:58:14 »

Sadly... We've said that before!!!

This is as good a chance as we've had I guess.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 14:08:25 »

I see Leeds are looking at Southends Lee Barnard.
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 14:11:20 »

I see Leeds are looking at Southends Lee Barnard.

And put in a bid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southend_utd/8470712.stm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: