Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A view from afar.  (Read 1204 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Saturday, March 1, 2008, 19:22:07 »

The title already clarifies the fact that I don't go to matches, which should hopefully stop some genius thinking that he has a point from bringing it up.

I must admit that after Walsall I was concerned and no doubt even the most ardent MM supporter surely would have been a tad worried also, yet for me the last 2 half decent performances since then tells me that it was likely "Just a bad day at the office".

OK, the defence seems a tad shaky yet improved since Pat Kanyuke (SP) replaced Ifil. It could of course be down to MM's coaching that Ifil went dodgy, yet if I remember correctly Ifil's drop in form directly coincided with the arrival of Kanyuke (Sp), with him having a shocker at home to whatever mickey mouse club it was. Perhaps it is more of a Jerel thing than an MM thing, bearing in mind that Jerel is a confidence/comfortability player. Also with a new C.B. pairing you can't expect them to be "Gelled" just yet.

Creativity: Well it is well known that MM wants a creative midfielder and so therefore blatantly recognizes the/a problem. Which could be a "Judge him when he has his own squad" point.

Shots on target: Cox and Paynter are goal scorers, more so Cox than Paynter. I may be wrong but if they are missing sitters then they need to have a word with themselves, although of course it is arguable that MM has a problem giving them the confidence. Still does a natural scorer need a manager to convince him that he can score goals if given the opportunity to do so?

Being an optimist I hope that my points are good one's, and despite hoping to have others tell me that I am/may be right, I will also welcome any posts proving me wrong provided that they have reason behind it.

Cheers, I just wanna know what's happening that's all

B.R.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 1, 2008, 19:44:46 »

nope. its all malpas' fault

MALPAS OUT

Things get better but they never get good
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 1, 2008, 20:35:26 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
The title already clarifies the fact that I don't go to matches, which should hopefully stop some genius thinking that he has a point from bringing it up.

I must admit that after Walsall I was concerned and no doubt even the most ardent MM supporter surely would have been a tad worried also, yet for me the last 2 half decent performances since then tells me that it was likely "Just a bad day at the office".

OK, the defence seems a tad shaky yet improved since Pat Kanyuke (SP) replaced Ifil. It could of course be down to MM's coaching that Ifil went dodgy, yet if I remember correctly Ifil's drop in form directly coincided with the arrival of Kanyuke (Sp), with him having a shocker at home to whatever mickey mouse club it was. Perhaps it is more of a Jerel thing than an MM thing, bearing in mind that Jerel is a confidence/comfortability player. Also with a new C.B. pairing you can't expect them to be "Gelled" just yet.

Creativity: Well it is well known that MM wants a creative midfielder and so therefore blatantly recognizes the/a problem. Which could be a "Judge him when he has his own squad" point.

Shots on target: Cox and Paynter are goal scorers, more so Cox than Paynter. I may be wrong but if they are missing sitters then they need to have a word with themselves, although of course it is arguable that MM has a problem giving them the confidence. Still does a natural scorer need a manager to convince him that he can score goals if given the opportunity to do so?

Being an optimist I hope that my points are good one's, and despite hoping to have others tell me that I am/may be right, I will also welcome any posts proving me wrong provided that they have reason behind it.

Cheers, I just wanna know what's happening that's all

B.R.

Just about sums up my feelings.................

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 1, 2008, 21:29:50 »

Good post BR. Shows a damn sight more insight than some that claim to have been to games but apparently haven't seen them (and yes I mean you Mr Foy)
neville w

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 2, 2008, 01:38:40 »

My take would be that we aren't converting enough of the chances/half chances we create. Smith had nothing to do today apart from their goal which was a good cross and an accurate header. (he did flap a corner onto the bar as well).

We had a number of half chances where we got round the back but failed either to deliver the killer ball or finish.

I understand your comment re Kanyuka, and he replaced Ifil against Oldham, but he was off injured early in the game today, and Ifil looked much better than v Walsall (although he appears to be carrying a bit of weight -pot,kettleblack- and not quite as pacy as he has been at times this season)

Roberts on the left still frustrates me, he seemed reluctant to take his man on today, let still seemed to be our most potent threat. I think a strong right side, with attacking support for Comminges (Roberts or McGovern) is our most likely point for creating chances. I've only seen one good performance from McNamee, against a poor Cheltenham outfit. He's been double teamed and much less effective since.

Allen impressed me, and I feel that this will signify the end for Pook in a Swindon shirt. Easton looks out of place on the right, don't have many problems with Aljofree, Vincent or Peacock.

Cox and Paynter again worked hard, but both missed good chances (I think Cox was flagged offside for his sitter, but not sure). I think they are our best combination but somehow need to stick away a much higher percentage of chances.

Don't know where Mcgovern fits into the pattern except as a right side alternative to Roberts.

Overall, I'm happy with defence on paper

Smith/Brezovan
Comminges
Ifil/Aljofree/Kanyuka
Vincent

Midfield is a quandary.

If we're in attacking mode i'd go

McNamee/Peacock  (I know he's not a winger but we need his aerial presence)
Easton
Allen
Mc Govern / Roberts

If defensive I'd try Allen on the left and Peacock/Easton central

Strikers

Cox/Corr/Paynter

Bench

1 of the keepers
1 of the centre backs
1 of Roberts/McNamee/McGovern
1 of Strikers
Probably Moses or a youth

Don't think you're far off with your opinions. It's not as bad as some are making out.

We need to stop picking up silly bookings, especially Comminges, Ifil and Cox

Byrne, in my opinion, doesn't do much good with his frequent and vehement criticism from the touchline, but some might see that as 'passion'

Still haven't formed a view on Malpas

Hope that helps
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 2, 2008, 09:33:13 »

If you want to be an optimist under Malpas you are better off from afar.

Especially away games.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: