Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45740 times)
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 17:31:39 »

Strange feeling in the town end, despite a fair bit of singing there were clearly some nerves.

Didn't play great, but huge 3 points. That's us promoted!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 17:33:42 »

These grapes are incredibly sour on the Chletnumb forum....

Whether they were better or not, the 3 points are still ours!

Very true. They weren't better though, this game is about putting ball in t'net.

Can I be the first to say what a prize A cunt Duffy is too.
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 17:49:09 »

I don't like to count chickens before they've hatched, but looking at the table I think we have a good chance of going up   Clap

j

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 17:50:31 »

Very happy with that... didn't play much football today, with Ritchie being under-utilised and the central two not getting on the ball enough, but was an enjoyable game. Tehoue looked a bit rubbish/unfit, and i'm a bit concerned as to why Connell didn't make the bench (unless he's injured?). We've beaten all our rivals this season, the title is ours.

Oh, and i'd like Rooney to use the ball better at times... sometimes when he gets a bit selfish we are susceptible to the quick break as we've committed men forward and then lost posession.

When we can nit-pick like that, you know things are going well!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 17:52:32 »

That was never a penalty in a million years. Justice.

Cheltenham deserved a point, no doubt. Second half our midfield struggled, particularly after Smith went off.

But who the hell cares, we had a bit of luck and 3 points. Would Cheltenham rather play well and lose or take 3 points. The latter. Because that is how you get promoted. In any case you don't go 8 points clear by luck.

We'd also do well to remember this is the end of a very very tough run of about a million Tuesday night games. Test passed.
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 17:52:52 »

On train back to London now, another clean sheet - more boring football!

Risser still doesn't inspire any confidence, even in defence and Tehoue barely touched the ball but we did enough.

Happy days!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 17:54:58 »

A quick look at the league table...

* Mind the Gap.jpg (150.25 KB, 550x366 - viewed 213 times.)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 17:55:57 »

Forgot to say that Cheltenham's keeper was pretty decent too. Good saves from Bodin and Rooney. He's no Wes though.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 17:58:48 »

Just got back.

That was a tight game as 'Nam played a 4-5-1 formation, which they never changed, so they could frustrate us, which they did all game. The penalty was a joke...and justice was done. The ref was useless, doing from blowing up for just about everything for the first 30 mins..then changing tact, and hardly blowing up for free-kicks at all. And how we got away with not having to defend with 9 at the end...I do not know.

Duffy is a cunt, and was lucky to stay on the field for his wild challange just after the penalty miss, as well as giving the lino verbal just before half-time.

Rooney was poor...Ritchie was even worse. These to need to be told to don't always shoot once you get in the penalty area. Get to the byline and cross it in from there.

MOM's ; Fodders and Devera.

At the end of the day we are 8 points clear, with a game in hand and a goal difference nearly twice as big as anyone else.

Catch us if you can !!

By the way, how did the Pox get on !!! Third...My ARSE !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 17:58:56 »

A quick look at the league table...

That is class.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #310 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:02:04 »

+36 GD Wowzers
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:06:11 »

+36 GD Wowzers

Yep, amazing. Mostly due to our defensive record, which completely outclasses anybody else. 40 goals scored at home has also helped though!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:08:09 »

Yep, amazing. Mostly due to our defensive record, which completely outclasses anybody else. 40 goals scored at home has also helped though!

Up to today we were also joint top scorers in the league.
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:12:23 »

Forgot to say that Cheltenham's keeper was pretty decent too. Good saves from Bodin and Rooney. He's no Wes though.

Butland is involved in the England U21s set up so he lived up to his reputation. Still couldn't keep out Benno though!
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:15:34 »

Great tenacity shown to grind out the result today but agree with most that we were dominated in the 2nd half.
Chelt have played 4-5-1 all season and their position has been based mainly on the performances of their middle 3.
I feared that our midfield would be overrun today, especially without Risser who can play a good defensive mid game and when Smith went off this happened.  With Paolo's usual meticulous homework I was surprised that we didn't set up differently to counteract that.
Chelt's main issue is that they need a replacement for that petulant useless Rovers reject Duffy - other than him they looked a decent team with Pack, Jombati & Butland particularly good. I would expect Pack to off to a championship team at end of season and Butland is touted as a future England keeper.

1 goal conceded in 12 home league games from Wesley has been vital to our success so deserved recognition with MoM today.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: