Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: First test-Brisbane  (Read 14201 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 08:51:49 »

Starts tonight at 12.00 Cheesy I do love watching cricket at night in freezing cold Blighty,somehting a bit special about it.Once we start to get stuffed though doubt i'll bother Sad

Anyway good luck to the boys Smiley

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 09:45:16 »

i just wish that I could stay up and watch it .. bloody work gets in the way .. but I dare say Ill be tucked up in bed tonite with my hot water bottle watching it and falling asleep to it - tho I do find it hard to sleep when important games are being played .. well at least until we are about 10 for 4!
STFC Village

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 12:40:57 »

It starts tonight?!

http://www.f4group.co.uk/images/phil_tufnell.jpg

Happy Days!!! Beers
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 12:56:12 »

Yep indeed it does begin tonight,Queensland is something like 11 hours ahead of us.Looking good on the Bell front as well Cheesy Seems the only question regarding the team is the spinner one.I'm torn between the two of them.Giles offers the safe option in terms of the batting, but Monty is the better more attacking bowler,the only problem with his playing is it'll give us such a long tail.I suspect the KOS will get the nod.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 13:02:32 »

I've got to get up at 4.30am anyway, might just stay up at watch it (only if warney is bowling)  Oops
fatbury

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 13:16:03 »

My Team for tonight would be

Bell and Strauss to open
Cook
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
G Jones
Giles
Hoggard
Harmison
Anderson
12th Man Mahmood (for fielding duties !)
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 13:28:53 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

Bell and Strauss to open
Cook
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
G Jones
Giles
Hoggard
Harmison
Anderson

Bell's not really a Test opener, Cook is, thus you continue to make bizarre suggestions.

I'm a bit stuck, and I don't really know who'll play. If we want to take wickets it has to be Anderson and Monty, but without Saj and Giles we're going to be a genuine tail from 8 down, and Jones is crap at the moment.

We really realy really need pur top order to fire.

Well, so long sleep. See you in the New Year. I'm going to go to bed about 4 to get some kip then be up for about 11.30.

Come on England.
fatbury

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 13:32:46 »

Yeah im well aware that Bell isnt an opener and probably prefers it at 3 .. but Cook doesnt have the experience .. and Bell had been better on form .. tho that probably means a duck!

Id deffo bat first tho .. we dont want Warne bowling on the wicket in the last innings
Scot Munroe

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 13:33:29 »

Bell and Strauss to open
Cook
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
G Jones
Giles
Hoggard
Harmison
Anderson

No. Cook to open with Strauss and Bell i think who has been passed fit to bat at 3. Apart from that everything is fine. I would Monty in the next test in Adelaide.
DMR

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 13:47:34 »

Yeah im well aware that Bell isnt an opener and probably prefers it at 3 .. but Cook doesnt have the experience .. and Bell had been better on form .. tho that probably means a duck!

Id deffo bat first tho .. we dont want Warne bowling on the wicket in the last innings

I think these days unless it's a mud bowl you always bat first and thats true of most sides now.

Cook doesn't have any experience? When did Bell last open the batting in a Test match?
fatbury

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 13:57:33 »

Im not saying youre wrong Dave ... just that id play Bell as opener .. and i know even less about playing cricket than i do footy - at least with footy I am a qualified uefa coach ..
Scot Munroe

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 16:33:53 »

there is going to be some sledging tonight. The aussies are quite cunning about there sledging.
mattboyslim

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 16:48:59 »

Only if we get shock snowfall tonight ultra.
Spud

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 17:44:42 »

COME ON ENGLAND!

Ive got to rely on the old DAB radio at Work.
STFC Village

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2006, 18:06:54 »

As crazy as this sounds, i hope we don't bat first. I always get really fucking nervous when i watch us bat (seems like most of the players have the same reaction). I much prefer watching us bowl
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: