Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: First test,Nagpur  (Read 11832 times)
STFC Village

« Reply #75 on: Saturday, March 4, 2006, 23:04:09 »

I'm on my night shift now. So i'm going to keep a very close check on the score. If it looks like we may have a chance of winning when i get home at 8am, i'll stay up until it finishes
STFC Village

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, March 4, 2006, 23:09:34 »

Oh yeah. I don't think anybody mentioned the fantastic day that Alistair Cook had! Only the 15th Englishman to hit a ton on test debut. At only 21 years of age as well! Well done that man :king:

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,8-1214236,00.html
STFC Village

« Reply #77 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 04:55:16 »

Hoggy's got Sehwag for a duck!!!!! 1-1!!!!!!!*

*Does a little celebratory dance \o/ \o\ /o/ /o\ \o/
STFC Village

« Reply #78 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 06:34:04 »

Geraint Jones just dropped Dravid off of Blackwells bowling Sad

India have recovered to 63-1 at lunch. Looks like a draw at this point. We need at least 3 wickets in the next session.....
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 07:33:52 »

start of the session 2 now. not alot has happened, they have hit a few boundaries. not troubling them at all.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 13:02:29 »

Ends as a draw

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4775472.stm
Spud

« Reply #81 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 16:18:37 »

Cant be pissed at that tbh, i would have taken a draw before the Test started.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 18:21:05 »

bloody draw! how shit? the indians thought they could win it though   twats!
STFC Village

« Reply #83 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 00:13:50 »

A great first result for Captain Fred, a draw in one of the toughest places to tour, with half our starting line-up out of action. Personally, i'd promote Fred to vice captain above Tresco, although this is pretty unlikely. Shows that we have a good captain in waiting for the future anyway.

Brilliant debut for Ally Cook, certainly one for the future, and should put some pressure and added incentive on for Bell. A more than able replacement for any of the top order, if/when future injuries occur.

Monty had a good debut, took a few wickets, certainly didn't look out of place in the side (well, at least not in an ability sense Cheesy ). Will give Gilo some good competition, and when Gilo is back, we will have the choice of fielding 2 spinners. Always good to have options.

Now we've proved that this side can compete, we need to push on in the next test, work out plans for how to bowl at the Indian batsmen (ie get Jaffer driving), and try and force a victory. I must say, i'm feeling alot more confident after the first test, than i was before.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 08:25:20 »

Yes  I agree with everything you've said there Mr Village.I have to admit to be a tad concerned when the Indians started to go for it,the fact that they did have a go surprised me,but fair play to them.
I was well chuffed to see Hoggy getting the MOTM,the bloke always runs his guts out for the team,and it was very funny when he was presented with his motorbike Soapy Tit Wank and then when he had a little test drive round on the pitch Hog is a legend.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
DMR

« Reply #85 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 11:57:36 »

Not sure about giving Fred the vice captaincy anyway... I love the bloke but his captaincy on the final day was atrocious.
Spud

« Reply #86 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 12:09:07 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4778060.stm  Beers
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 15:13:02 »

freddie as captain is an odd one, but no vaughan or tres so not alot of options. Tres can be a decent captain.
Spud

« Reply #88 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 17:50:17 »

Sorry but Trescothick is a piss poor captain id sooner have Freddie over Tres as vice captain any day of the week.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 18:55:35 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

look at Hoggy go on his new motor  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: