Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spurs trio...  (Read 51633 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 22:08:07 »

No doubt better than we have so numbers will help.

Good signings.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 22:08:11 »

Interestingly, they're all of an age that it's probably time to move on without first team action. There could be an eye on next season with each of them.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 23:58:42 »

From having a read around, Luongo sounds very promising and was impressive at Ipswich. Parrett clearly has talent and I would throw them both in tomorrow.

From these signings it's pretty clear we will be sticking with 4-5-1, shame 'Arry pulled the plug on Andy Johnson and Angelo Balanta but I like the sound of these three and am now much more positive about the run in.

I still predict a play off defeat due to the lack of a 'match winner' after MRs departure but would love to be proven wrong...6 points this weekend would be huge. Going to be an exciting end to the season, that's for sure.
Spursfan33

« Reply #33 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 00:31:08 »

Seems like a promising strengthening of the squad.
Could have done with another striker rather than 2 CMs but can't be greedy.
Byrne should give us the back-up we need at full back and with JMc struggling could see him at LB.
I'm impressed with what I've read about Luongo - could well be very useful at this level and Parrett has good credentials as a youth player.
Not sure what a false Number 9 is - is it the role Antoine vd Linden and Heywood used to play in the closing stages of games we were chasing under King?

If you had asked any Spurs fan 5 years ago about a false no 9 was most would have thought Spurs would never play one.

Fundamentally its when you play without a recognised striker - formation wise we might be playing a 433 or 4231 but up front we have several attacking midfielders who play in a very fluid formation, constantly changing position with one another but with no striker. Confuses the hell out of the opposing defenders who cannot mark any player well. The false no 9 is the one who plays the part of a striker when one is needed but otherwise acts as an AM (attacking midfielder ) - Messi does it for Barcelona for example. Spurs have deployed it in the u21's - teams like Arsenal cannot handlle it - Spurs score as many with a striker these days as without one (table combined - and our GD is greater than either ManU or Liverpool (2nd and 3rd in the table) have scored.

I suspect its more likely you would use Parrett as a no 10 in a 4231 rather than as a false no 9 or even as a CM, but if you run into an striker injury crisis, the Spurs guys could help you win matches without a striker !
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 01:37:15 »

Maybe we could get Spursfan in as tactical coach?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 01:48:40 »

It's really not that difficult to understand. It's just a bit more finnesse than the '442, run in a straight line, blood 'n thunder' shite that most english football fans are used to and comfortable with

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 07:50:01 »

We needed bodies and a striker. At least we got bodies.

I think we've had enough loans over the years to know they turn out excellent or dire.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 08:24:32 »

It's really not that difficult to understand. It's just a bit more finnesse than the '442, run in a straight line, blood 'n thunder' shite that most english football fans are used to and comfortable with

I like the blood and thunder shite. Plus some players look like round pegs in square holes at times. 4-4-2 at home and threaten them is my preference.  But were were excellent and creative at Cov, should have beaten County, beat Yeovil and so its not like4-5-1  it hasn't worked.
----
Agree with DV, got bodies, could have done with a striker. May or may not be any cop, but just having them around will keep everyone on their toes.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:10:44 »

It's not even that new....Peter Noble was a false number 9 for us back in 68/69.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:18:48 by Reg Smeeton » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 13:00:49 »

We needed bodies and a striker. At least we got bodies.

I think we've had enough loans over the years to know they turn out excellent or dire.

If they are dire then having them here is pointless and counter productive. I cannot see all 3 from the same club being up to it myself but hope to be pleasantly surprised. 2 out of 3 would be good even.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 13:29:21 »

Maybe we could have Spursfan33 on loan til the end of the season?
corner

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:45:26 »

Thought they played really well today, was a bit worried when the lil right back came on but they all played well, and can only getbetter. @NathanByrne_     @MassLuongo     @deano_parrett19
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:06:16 »

Parrett looks a player.  Thought he was better than Luongo tbh.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:07:49 »

What you been sniffing?

Luongo was the bollox.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:17:59 »

Me too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: