Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whits Premier Shield  (Read 10383 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2006, 22:13:32 »

hahaha why are you all getting upset over the wiltshire fucking premier cunting shield
Piemonte

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2006, 22:28:01 »

Quote from: "Rich"
been wankers right from the off! they make me angry! i know lets put up the prices and drive even more fans away! i know lets decrease the playing budget so our team gets worse every year! i know lets not listen to the fans! bunch of idiots the lot of them (except Mark Devlin)

thats a laughing at you Rich, not with you Cheesy
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 08:37:17 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
hahaha why are you all getting upset over the wiltshire fucking premier cunting shield

Because its the shame fucking shambles as always .

Sad to say, i must be on my way
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 09:26:59 »

Isn't Devlin the man behind the idea of keeping the prices up.  Rich and other anti board people when are you gonna realise that if the board slashed the prices to £15 sure for a couple of games you might get an extra couple of hundred on the gate then the part time fans will get bored, the gate will return to the loyal 4,000 or so and then the gate receipts would be down.  

To survive the club have to charge the most they can get away with.  It's a sad state of affairs to be in, but that's life!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 10:21:33 »

And we have to reduce the wage bill.  Mianly because we lose money, but also because we have to keep it under a certain % of turnover under new league rules/guidelines.  The cock up was the contract length's being offered, not the money.  Who would take a job on a 12 month contract? very few unless it was shed loads more than a job on a longer term.  They seem to have realised this in January's deals but it was too late to stop this season being anything other than a struggle.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 10:32:36 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"

Good point well made. I particularly like the useage of fucking and cunting in such close proximity.

I also loved Yeovil's point about that bird looking like a retarded Zoe Ball. Perfect description!

Keep up the good work Cool
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 10:36:22 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
And we have to reduce the wage bill.  Mianly because we lose money, but also because we have to keep it under a certain % of turnover under new league rules/guidelines.  The cock up was the contract length's being offered, not the money.  Who would take a job on a 12 month contract? very few unless it was shed loads more than a job on a longer term.  They seem to have realised this in January's deals but it was too late to stop this season being anything other than a struggle.

Interestingly enough, for the year ended 31/05/2004 our salary/turnover ratio was approximately 70% so we are in keeping with the guidelines for total staff costs, but the only reason for this is an increase in turnover (not much difference in salaries from the previous year). I do agree that the contract situation is what could prevent us from keeping/getting the players we want though.

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 10:56:03 »

been wankers right from the off! they make me angry! i know lets put up the prices and drive even more fans away! i know lets decrease the playing budget so our team gets worse every year! i know lets not listen to the fans! bunch of idiots the lot of them (except Mark Devlin)

devlin was the one responsible for the ridiculous hike in ticket prices.
must make them all idiots!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 12:49:43 »

All Ifils fault, he just kept making mistakes as usual...... :roll:
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 13:03:32 »

Personally, I blame Salisbury for winning. Why couldn't they just play worse than us? We need to stop blaming each other and start blaming the opposition  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 13:08:28 »

Quote from: "arriba"

devlin was the one responsible for the ridiculous hike in ticket prices.

No he wasn't. He opposed the original price hike but was overruled. Of course being the "public face" of the club he then had to defend the decision once it's taken. And no, that doesn't make him a hypocrite, it's his job.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 13:12:35 »

At least we made it to the semi finals  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 13:17:53 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Isn't Devlin the man behind the idea of keeping the prices up.  Rich and other anti board people when are you gonna realise that if the board slashed the prices to £15 sure for a couple of games you might get an extra couple of hundred on the gate then the part time fans will get bored, the gate will return to the loyal 4,000 or so and then the gate receipts would be down.  

To survive the club have to charge the most they can get away with.  It's a sad state of affairs to be in, but that's life!

Sorry, but charging the most you can get away with is a sure way to slowly bleed to death. You may keep revenues marginally up in the short-term, but you guaranatee to gradually price ever-increasing amounts of even the hardcore fans out of coming, put people who haven't been for a while off coming back, and make damn sure you never pick up "casual" fans. In other words, you're relying on continually hitting an ever-shrinking fanbase even harder, while simultaneously ensuring you don't grow beyond the current fanbase. There's a "sweet spot" that can be hit between making games more affordable for the more casual fans while ensuring you don't slash your revenues - by for example, bringing back the discount for the wing seats which introduces a mid-price seat. Much like the ideas in these proposals for example (http://www.truststfc.co.uk/pdf/TicketPricesMarch2005.pdf)

That said, credit where it's due, the initiatives aimed at schoolkids this season have been definitely a step in the right direction.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 14:17:03 »

Am I right in saying the Official Site has completely blanked this game as if to pretend it never happened?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 14:27:55 »

Quote from: "adje"
Am I right in saying the Official Site has completely blanked this game as if to pretend it never happened?

What game?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: