Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield Wednesday Fans in Swindon End Tonight?  (Read 1188 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 00:07:40 »

Erm... even though they got all excited about going to watch Us play Mansfield to say goodbye to Luggy as predicted looks like it was all spur of the moment.

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=894&p=16&style=2&forumId=3367&action=1&replytoid=2120494236
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 10:39:47 »

or maybe not......

PAUL Sturrock is delighted the Owls will be out in force at Field Mill tonight to provide his Robins with some vocal assistance.

A lot of Sheffield Wednesday fans felt they were robbed of a chance to say ‘goodbye’ to the Town boss when he suddenly departed Hillsborough.

He remains a hugely popular figure among the Wednesday faithful and judging by Sturrock’s mail bag, email in-box and website message boards, it won’t just be Swindon fans cheering from the visiting end this evening.

It is unclear just how many
Wednesday fans will travel but Sturrock will be delighted if their kind gesture can aid his team’s push for another away victory.

The Town boss said: “There will be an edge as there’s going to be a blue army at Mansfield as well as a red army.”

As many as 300 Wednesday fans could be making the trip, although it remains to be seen if that many do indeed make the journey.

Sturrock said: “I would expect there’ll be several Sheffield Wednesday fans there.

“Hopefully they’ll intermingle with the Swindon fans and we should have a larger than life crowd.
“Most of the emails and letters I’ve received say they (Wednesday fans) are going to turn up.

“I’m not sure how many, two or three hundred I’d imagine.”
n
swindon74

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 12:51:15 »

as i cant get to the game do u know what radio station it will be on tonight??
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 13:15:41 »

BBC Radio Swindon.
mattboyslim

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 13:16:20 »

The same radio station it's always on! 103.6 Radio Swindon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: