Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phone help please  (Read 1158 times)
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 10:15:43 »

Dear all....
I am looking into getting myself a blackberry..have got a potential tariff sorted through 02 direct, however, I can get exactly the same tarriff BUT with either a free gift, or some serious automatic cashback if I use one of the many online phone companeis, e.g. goodbuyphones.com or bestdealmobiles.com etc etc

I realise these companies have to offer these incentives to get business, but you dont get something for nothing. So, where's the catch?!?!

There must be something afoot here.
Cheers
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 10:26:14 »

"Automatic" cashback deals can be a bit of a con, you have to provide evidence still I think.

Try mobiles.co.uk, they're part of Carphone Warehouse and have been spot on when I've used them before.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 10:58:25 »

Cashback deals where you have to provide evidence are offered a lot of the time because a lot of people forget to do it.

The mobile phone retailers get money from the networks so they're passing this on to the consumer, though quite how much of it I do not know.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 11:16:29 »

mobiles.co.uk claim to have a freebie where they send you a cheque automatically, you dont have to do anything...sounds tempting, but am slightly wary...just think the transition from old contract to new will be easier if you go direct to 02...
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 12:02:53 »

Has anyone here 'unlocked' their iPhone for use on other networks?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 13:11:36 »

Has anyone here 'unlocked' their iPhone for use on other networks?

I've still got my original iPhone and I've done the jailbreak thing on it and unlocked it at the same time. I haven't actually tried it on another network yet, I'll try a pay as you go sim at some point, but it went smoothly and was pretty simple provided you read up on it first.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 16:27:18 »

"Automatic" cashback deals can be a bit of a con, you have to provide evidence still I think.

Try mobiles.co.uk, they're part of Carphone Warehouse and have been spot on when I've used them before.

Agreed with the cons bit I used to work for a mobile phone company and MOST companies require you show random bills like 1,4,6 for example, if you lost them then you call and get a copy but the company charge you for it. PLUS Most mobile companies do not automatically give you cashback on your bil. you have to mention it and can only do so after a given amount of time, ie 6 months.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 06:35:28 »

Cheers all, I looked at some reviews of mobiles.co.uk at the review centre or something, and they were terrible. Sorry Samdy!
Went with straight o2 shop in the end, and also at the last minte decided on an iphone...the absolute bollox!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 18:06:59 »

In my experience Phones4U have always been spot on. O2 are wankers.
Barry Scott

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 18:32:30 »

Let's be honest, all mobile phone companies are total scum. They're up there with banks and insurance companies in my mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: