Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 104   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 192369 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:42:24 »

I don't see the issue with McEveley. He seems a reasonably good LB to me.

Someone tell me what to look out for tomorrow night..
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:44:20 »

Lee Holmes, a good winger, could barely touch the ball before McEveley was taking it off him on Saturday.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1037 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:48:45 »

I don't see the issue with McEveley. He seems a reasonably good LB to me.

Someone tell me what to look out for tomorrow night..
I can only quote from the couple of games I have seen him play in, in those games he did not get forward as much as I felt was needed and his distribution was poor, but then he is much more of a defensive LB not an attacking one which I personally prefer.

Part of the comments I made are more to do with accomodating McCormack in the team without him at CB where I feel he looks lost this season (the opposite of last season) and I personally prefer Thompson at RB than Macca.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:39:15 »

Not sure if this will come into the 80% bollocks or 25% football category but here goes-

David Beckham is out of contract at the end of the season and likes to support a charity.

We sign him up as player manager and his good friend Gary Neville will follow as assistant manager (allowing Gaz to renew his Beckham man love).

Posh is apponted as club stylist and designs the staff some smashing outfits.

How we get by till the end of the season is anyones guess.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:41:08 »

Alan Curbishley?

McClaren at the end of his tenure at Twente and Benitez clinging on at Chelski!!
kerry red

« Reply #1040 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:41:25 »

100% bollocks
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:49:52 »

Not sure if this will come into the 80% bollocks or 25% football category but here goes-

David Beckham is out of contract at the end of the season and likes to support a charity.

We sign him up as player manager and his good friend Gary Neville will follow as assistant manager (allowing Gaz to renew his Beckham man love).

Posh is apponted as club stylist and designs the staff some smashing outfits.

How we get by till the end of the season is anyones guess.

I'm fucking boycotting if that happens.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #1042 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:05:22 »

Following the lack of anything coming from the bench on Saturday, the only way the Ward/Miller thing can work imo is if Miller runs the bench.  Push Macca into CM & bring Thompson back at RB.  We have to have someone managing the game!

Agreed, now that McEveley appears back and settled and reports that Ferry has a problem imo that works. On the after match interview either Miller or Ward (cannot remember which) admitted that trying to "manage" whilst concentrating on playing was difficult and I can think that having both of them doing it must even more of a problem.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:07:13 »

Following the lack of anything coming from the bench on Saturday, the only way the Ward/Miller thing can work imo is if Miller runs the bench.  Push Macca into CM & bring Thompson back at RB.  We have to have someone managing the game!

Agreed, now that McEveley appears back and settled and reports that Ferry has a problem imo that works. On the after match interview either Miller or Ward (cannot remember which) admitted that trying to "manage" whilst concentrating on playing was difficult and I can think that having both of them doing it must even more of a problem.

If he's injured, get Ferry to coach from the bench - that would confuse them!
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:11:04 »

I see the yesterdays Mirror was linking Steve Coppell to us yesterday. 
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:16:21 »

I'd love to see a rookie manager appointed  but unfortunetly I dont think we are in a position for them to cut their teeth when we have a good chance of promotion

So I think it would have to be an experienced head, I'd like to see Owen Coyle although he has turned down jobs since Bolton it appears he is waiting for the right club, so maybe with us having a good chance of championship football, new owners, redevelopment on the horizon so it looks like depending on the new owners plans we could be a club who's repuation is good at the moment and would present a good challenge.

Anyone else I really don't know, unless we appoint someone until the end of the season with vast experience but who that could be I dont know, unless we can convince Stuart Pearce to do the job until the end of the season, can't be many U21 games between now and then
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1046 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:23:57 »

I will answer this the same as when it arose yesterday......."Mirror in making shit up shocker....move on"

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:25:09 »

that would be a cracking appointment IMHO. Complete BS tough Sad

I can only quote from the couple of games I have seen him play in, in those games he did not get forward as much as I felt was needed and his distribution was poor, but then he is much more of a defensive LB not an attacking one which I personally prefer.

Part of the comments I made are more to do with accomodating McCormack in the team without him at CB where I feel he looks lost this season (the opposite of last season) and I personally prefer Thompson at RB than Macca.

i see your point, he's certainly not attacking, and is a bit inconsistent right now though he was out a fair bit with injury.

On Macca, didn't he start the season at CB. A couple of performances aside he's not been the player of last season wherever he's played. But he's an experienced head ...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1048 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:27:08 »

unless we can convince Stuart Pearce to do the job until the end of the season, can't be many U21 games between now and then

The U21's have no more games until June, but even though he lives locally I doubt the bosses at the FA would like this and he has no links with STFC so I doubt he would be interested either in all honesty.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #1049 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:28:57 »

On Macca, didn't he start the season at CB. A couple of performances aside he's not been the player of last season wherever he's played. But he's an experienced head ...

He has been a shadow of his last season form but the players seem to love him as captain, maybe the new manager (when he comes in) willl not see Macca the same way as Paolo did in the defence?

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 104   Go Up
Print
Jump to: