Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 104   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 192501 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 23:15:57 »

Reports of Mel Machin camping outside the main entrance at The County Ground are going round on twitter.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 23:18:03 »

Reports of Mel Machin camping outside the main entrance at The County Ground are going round on twitter.

he does a fine kenneth williams impression

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
china red

« Reply #1022 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 09:41:13 »

Would we prefer an up an coming manager or experienced old head?

For me, PDC, Tisdale and perhaps Edinburgh at Newport
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 09:52:02 »

Oh dear, who's going to correct the Exeter Chairman? We're around 3m in debt now not 13m  Cheesy

"It's up to Paul as to how he deals with those things, but he's not been tempted by anybody yet," Tagg said.

"And I think it would be strange for him to leave us and go to a club which is £13m in debt."

Cats are better than dogs FACT
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 09:54:50 »

I would like either someone who has recently passed the top coaching qualifications, e.g Jimmy Floyd; or

Someone who has cut been getting results in non-league and would have something to prove, e.g Steve King at Macclesfield; or

Someone who has a proven track record but isn't one of the "usual suspects", e.g. Adkins

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1025 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 09:56:58 »

The thing is Jed has already said he has not approached anyone yet so the Exeter chairman is being pro-active in deflecting any possible bid by belittling the club, and so he should, he has one saleable asset and thats his manager.

I would like us to go for Tisdale but feel it could be Ward and Miller to stay on until the summer....just a negative hunch I have because the new board have no ambition.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 09:58:20 »

I would like either someone who has recently passed the top coaching qualifications, e.g Jimmy Floyd; or

Someone who has cut been getting results in non-league and would have something to prove, e.g Steve King at Macclesfield; or

Someone who has a proven track record but isn't one of the "usual suspects", e.g. Adkins

We can cross Adkins off the list - Adver reports he's not available while on gardening leave from Saints pending settlement.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 10:48:34 »

Sven-Göran Eriksson has been spotted chatting up anything female with a pulse in Asda at Orbital Park
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:16:12 »

The thing is Jed has already said he has not approached anyone yet so the Exeter chairman is being pro-active in deflecting any possible bid by belittling the club, and so he should, he has one saleable asset and thats his manager.

I would like us to go for Tisdale but feel it could be Ward and Miller to stay on until the summer....just a negative hunch I have because the new board have no ambition.

Following the lack of anything coming from the bench on Saturday, the only way the Ward/Miller thing can work imo is if Miller runs the bench.  Push Macca into CM & bring Thompson back at RB.  We have to have someone managing the game!

I still think we'll have someone in within a week or so, a couple of loanees & push for the Championship!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1029 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:26:21 »

I hope we get a new manager in and fairly soon, I am not a fan of players stepping up in these sorts of roles and I do not remember it ever really working out.

Definately put Thompson back at RB and as you say I would play Macca in a holding role inf ront of the back four rather than a marking role, because that would appear to be his weak point. Good tackler with a little bit of pace but drifts away from the man he should be marking too frequently for my liking.

Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:27:22 »

Following the lack of anything coming from the bench on Saturday, the only way the Ward/Miller thing can work imo is if Miller runs the bench.  Push Macca into CM & bring Thompson back at RB.  We have to have someone managing the game!

This is exactly what I said! Macca is out of position at full back. Thompson is a better defender and Macca has the chance to make those surging runs forward from CM, but he could also be very good at sweeping up in front of the CB's and really creating more than what we currently are. Everything about these changes makes sense to me! Including having Miller on the sidelines running things!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:31:05 »

This is exactly what I said! Macca is out of position at full back. Thompson is a better defender and Macca has the chance to make those surging runs forward from CM, but he could also be very good at sweeping up in front of the CB's and really creating more than what we currently are. Everything about these changes makes sense to me! Including having Miller on the sidelines running things!

I wouldn't be surprised if we see McCormack in CM on Tuesday against Bury, and Miller on the sidelines. We have a few injuries building up again and the logical option would be to put Thompson back in at RB and push AMc back to CM.

#VivaKenBarlow!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:32:02 »

Judging by comments on here and listening to commentary of games our weakest link at present is Jay McEveley. Can Macca do a job at LB?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:33:30 »

He's played a few games there and looked solid enough.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1034 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:37:11 »

Judging by comments on here and listening to commentary of games our weakest link at present is Jay McEveley. Can Macca do a job at LB?
When I saw him against Hartlepool he was really solid there for 99% of the game, the only point being losing his marker for the goal.

But then I don't see McEveley as a LB I would prefer to see him at CB which will not happen with Flint & Ward currently well on form and with Devera a shoe in for return when he is fit this won't happen.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 104   Go Up
Print
Jump to: