Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 104   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 192400 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:23:07 »

If we get a win Tuesday night I think it will be Ward and a miller staying as our management team, if reasonable results keep coming that's the way I see it staying. Can't see money being spent for the sake of it.

Realistically we need a new man by next Saturday...there'll then be 8 weeks left of the season, don't think it right to expect Ward and Miller to take it through.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:25:17 »

More importantly, we need the manager confirmed so we can start signing some loan players.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:27:02 »

It appears that Tisdale has a 2 year rolling contract so would suggest payment of 2 years salary subject to some negotiation.
So, how much - 100K?? Pure speculation on my part as I do not have a clue.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:27:11 »

If we get a win Tuesday night I think it will be Ward and a miller staying as our management team, if reasonable results keep coming that's the way I see it staying. Can't see money being spent for the sake of it.

We're now that skint we won't have a manager ? Jesus !!
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:27:20 »

More importantly, we need the manager confirmed so we can start signing some loan players.

I thought Miller said in his post match interview that they planned to sit down with Jed to discuss this during the week.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:30:23 »

Realistically we need a new man by next Saturday...there'll then be 8 weeks left of the season, don't think it right to expect Ward and Miller to take it through.
I also think we need someone in to manage from the bench but think the ward and Miller option is the one that will be chosen. Players can't see half of the tactical stuff going on,  it's hard enough for some managers to master tactic changes and alter accordingly let alone Ward and Miller who will be concentrating 100% on there own play.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:52:08 »

I also think we need someone in to manage from the bench but think the ward and Miller option is the one that will be chosen. Players can't see half of the tactical stuff going on,  it's hard enough for some managers to master tactic changes and alter accordingly let alone Ward and Miller who will be concentrating 100% on there own play.

Agree with you Notts Red, adding to that I'm not sure if we'll bring in any players on loan until a new manager is appointed. It's been mentioned we are a few bodies light and hitting the business end of the season I think we need 2 or 3 to come in.

#VivaKenBarlow!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 21:57:51 »

[/b]
That is surely the major part of the issue. It's almost impossible to expect Ward & Miller to concentrate 100% on what their meant to be doing on the field when in reality they are weighed down by the responsibility of having to monitor the performances of another 9 players between them. We need an appointment and we need it asap.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 22:06:45 »

[/b]
That is surely the major part of the issue. It's almost impossible to expect Ward & Miller to concentrate 100% on what their meant to be doing on the field when in reality they are weighed down by the responsibility of having to monitor the performances of another 9 players between them. We need an appointment and we need it asap.

Yep, recipe for disaster, not as if a player manager has ever worked for us before is it  Wink

But yeah I agree, sooner the better provided it's the right appointment.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 22:09:49 »

Yep, recipe for disaster, not as if a player manager has ever worked for us before is it  Wink

Get your point but two player managers as opposed to one?? What if Miller & Ward disagree over something & one has to lose out. Then it goes wrong & the other one is giving it the 'I told you so' treatment, or words to that effect?? Recipe for disaster imho.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 22:10:41 »

[/b]
In Miller's interview after the game he said they didn't ralise how much work there was to do before a game!!  He also said something about passing a list of potential recruits to the new board, but I agree with most, we need an experienced coach in asap, even if it is on a short term basis.  As long as it's not Paul "attacking" Hart!
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 22:12:35 »

but the manager if playing had an assistant on the side who no doubt discussed all eventualities before the game . Having 2 "managers " on the pitch there is no-one doing this .Although i would love it too work , it just seems unlikely and will either affect their own performances or the other players

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 22:23:07 »

Precisely.  Having Hoddle on the pitch was a completely different proposition to what we have now, because he had John Gorman in the dug out.  They were a team.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 22:29:25 »

but the manager if playing had an assistant on the side who no doubt discussed all eventualities before the game . Having 2 "managers " on the pitch there is no-one doing this .Although i would love it too work , it just seems unlikely and will either affect their own performances or the other players
Agree with that. They can be 'assistant coaches' but not both joint managers. Player managers never work for long and I don't think either want to hang up their boots for a year or two.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 23:03:34 »

Pat Rice
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 104   Go Up
Print
Jump to: