Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 104   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 192369 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:44:18 »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/swindon/next-permanent-manager

Tisdale now third favourite. Ardiles up to 6th (someone got wind of him applying?)
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:45:08 »

He may resign if we show some interest!

Surely would still be compensation due if he breaks a contract by resigning
nickhaw

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:45:27 »

I am just fed up with the negativity on here of late it just seems to be a lot of people moaning about Jed and the club in general.

Perhaps its just that the moaners have louder voices than the people who are giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

Maybe the moaners are the only ones posting, all the ones with a little bit of optimism are staying quiet, like me (although mostly cause I'm new and don't want to cause a fuss Wink)

I think a bit of time needs to be given to the new owners before writing them off completely, they may have some decent plans.

It could well be the start of something good. Here's hoping.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:46:22 »

Tisdale now third favourite. Ardiles up to 6th (someone got wind of him applying?)

Does Ardiles still smoke when he's sat on the bench? Or is that banned in the UK now?

I appreciate its not cool from a health or setting an example point of view, but I've always thought a foreign manager smoking on the sidelines looks ace.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #994 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:48:00 »

He may resign if we show some interest!
Possible, but in football if a manager resigns many of them have their contracts still paid up in full which would mean a compensation package, or the resigning manager has a clause in the contract to not become employed by somebody else for a certain period of time.

I would like Tisdale though if he himself was interested, he has got Exeter playing some good attractive football and has managed a club with a shoestring budget for a long time, over 350 games for Exeter now as manager, well grounded in the lower leagues and with local connections.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:49:13 »

That Ardiles price is only at VC. Presumably someone reminiscing had a bet. Think it would be a bad idea even if it were true...
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:49:28 »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/swindon/next-permanent-manager

Tisdale now favourite with sky bet and paddy power
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:49:37 »

If a manager resigns and then takes another job straight away, chances are the shit will hit the fan. Not worth the risk of getting caught up in the legal action especially as there are plenty of decent out of work managers.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:51:05 »

Does Ardiles still smoke when he's sat on the bench? Or is that banned in the UK now?

I appreciate its not cool from a health or setting an example point of view, but I've always thought a foreign manager smoking on the sidelines looks ace.

http://www.midfielddynamo.com/gaffers/gaffers_smoking.htm

Wonder what Vialli is up to these days?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:52:41 »

Surely would still be compensation due if he breaks a contract by resigning
Yes, but how much? It can't be a lot surely?

What I would look at doing if it was me would be to get in an old head to help out Ward and Miller until the end of the season. John Ward if he was still out of work for example, just to keep things ticking over and hopefully get us up.

It wouldn't be very popular initially I'm sure. In fact, the pissing and moaning would be off the scale but there it is. I would then look to get Tisdale at the end of the season. The only thing is, I'm not sure who this older, experienced guy would be. What's Lennie Lawrence doing? Is he at Bolton with Freedman?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1000 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:53:00 »

Interesting to see Ardiles has never had more than 2 seasons at any club he has ever managed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:05:44 »

I would love Hoddle back *sigh*
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:12:22 »

It's almost the 20th 'anniversary' of Hoddle's departure.

Perhaps the Adver can start a "DON'T GO COME BACK GLENN" campaign?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:17:51 »

If we get a win Tuesday night I think it will be Ward and a miller staying as our management team, if reasonable results keep coming that's the way I see it staying. Can't see money being spent for the sake of it.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 20:22:58 »

It appears that Tisdale has a 2 year rolling contract so would suggest payment of 2 years salary subject to some negotiation.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 104   Go Up
Print
Jump to: