Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 104   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 192373 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:02:12 »

Sounds like a large proportion of our negative supporters...ho hum.

what a load of bollocks. Sounds like one fan shouting his mouth off. Discussions/scetisicm/negativity on here doesn't mean going up to the incoming owner and screaming the odds. That's out of order whatever your views.

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:13:57 »

what a load of bollocks. Sounds like one fan shouting his mouth off. Discussions/scetisicm/negativity on here doesn't mean going up to the incoming owner and screaming the odds. That's out of order whatever your views.
agree.
Jed will need thick skin. Plenty of cretins go to the county ground. Empty cans make the most noise. One loudmouth will stand out but there are a few like that. Out of order to be abusive though
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:19:15 by arriba » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #977 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:20:14 »

I am just fed up with the negativity on here of late it just seems to be a lot of people moaning about Jed and the club in general.

Perhaps its just that the moaners have louder voices than the people who are giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:20:46 »

Could NMH transfer his translating skills from PdC to Jed's twitters...it may be an age thing, but they make fuck all sense to me.
Sorry Reg, I'm nearly as old as you!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:22:50 »

Sorry Reg, I'm nearly as old as you!

Sad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:24:02 »

I see it differently,to me  it sometimes feels like you have to apologise for having doubts. And also wait for the inevitable sarcasm avalanche that follows if you do post anything not super happy.

But its a shame if people are genuinely being put off. Perhaps we need to up the bollocks % and down the football % for a bit.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:24:57 »

Means nothing and may have already been mentioned but on skybet Paul Tisdale is now the 6/4 fav, with JFH out to 4/1
Peter Venkman

« Reply #982 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:30:17 »

I see it differently,to me  it sometimes feels like you have to apologise for having doubts. And also wait for the inevitable sarcasm avalanche that follows if you do post anything not super happy.

But its a shame if people are genuinely being put off. Perhaps we need to up the bollocks % and down the football % for a bit.
Never apologise for having doubts, we all have those just some are more voiciferous about the doubts than others.

No ride at STFC will be a smooth one but I just object somewhat to people totally writing off new players/manager/board without giving their reasons behind it.

We know practically nothing about the new incumbants despite many many people have already made up their mind that they will all be a bunch of wankers without money etc, yet when you ask them the reasons behind the doubt they say "experience" or "there is evidence" which is quite frankly utter fucking shite.

Nobody knows what they will be like yet so I for one am very willing to give them some time, which a lot of fans cannot say as they have made their mind up already.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:34:46 »

Anyone know how much money was behind Hillier, Herbert, Hardman etc.?  Not much I reckon.

Lets be honest, unless someone has serious millions to throw away, any owner we have will be here for one of two reasons - to boost their ego and show they can run a football club or to get the ground developed.  I have no issues with either, provided they combone that with running the club as well as they can.

Black had a lot of money, but even he wasn't minted enough to keep just throwing it away.  So it will never last on that model.  If someone can get a ground redevelopment completed in a way that supports the club then that is the only model open to us for the next 20-30 years because it is pretty much the only way of setting up new revenue streams.  Bristol City are an example to us, a bad one, one where we could be a low level Championship side with an average ground and attendances and rack up millions in losses every year.  We wouldn't last as long as they have, so even the cash of the Championship won't be enough.

So, if the new guys have a plan to work on the ground, makes some money from it, set-us up along the way and appoint someone half decent to stand us with a chance of promotion this season or next on a budget a little under where we were, then that would sound good to me.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #984 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:37:50 »

So, if the new guys have a plan to work on the ground, makes some money from it, set-us up along the way and appoint someone half decent to stand us with a chance of promotion this season or next on a budget a little under where we were, then that would sound good to me.
Exactly this.

welshred

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:34:27 »

This is huge for me. If things are going well on the pitch, then the fans will come. As far as I can see, the two biggest things we need to do are get a decent manager, and get the ground sorted.

I would be especially pleased with a manager who likes his teams to play football.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:35:17 »

I like the idea of Tisdale, done a great job at Exeter. He looks like the Hood off Thunderbirds too.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #987 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:38:51 »

I like the idea of Tisdale, done a great job at Exeter. He looks like the Hood off Thunderbirds too.
I would like Tisdale but not sure we would make an approach for a manager currently employed.

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:39:51 »

I hope the new manager is in the job this week. The players need to concentrate on playing alone. We are in a great position so let the new fella worry about tactics,team selections etc and I'm sure we'll go up and possibly win the league. 2league titles in a row would be brilliant.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:44:50 by arriba » Logged
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 19:43:10 »

I would like Tisdale but not sure we would make an approach for a manager currently employed.

He may resign if we show some interest!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 104   Go Up
Print
Jump to: