Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 104   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 192380 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #930 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:12:09 »

It appears that we aren't only fans with aspirations a bit higher than our league position when it omes to managers.

Coventry fans seem to think they have a chance of the following.....Di Canio, Adkins, Di Matteo, Wise, Solskjaer & Warnock.

More chance of the new favourite who is Keith Curle IMO.

TBH I had forgot they are also looking for a new manager and will probably be a similar pull for any prospective manager as we are.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:14:26 »

Di Matteo?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:30:39 »

I have a horrible feeling that we are going to be lumbered with someone that will:

Not cost much/is currently unemployed (for a good reason)/has not got much of a track record/is an easy option.

Delete above as applicable.

Why do I say this? because looking at the make up of Seebeck 87 after the dust has settled a little does not fill me with a great deal of optimism, and I have the horrible feeling that the only thing that really interests them is ground redevelopment and the football side of things is not their highest priority.

If that is the case then they will be walking away much sooner than later, as everyone else has found in the past redevlopment is tied up in too much red tape and correspondingly will cost a great deal more money than anticipated and I do not get the impression that they are anywhere near being close to the millions that Andrew Black had at his disposal.

Prepared to be shot down in flames and say I am wrong, but my sixth sense in niggling me something rotten!

Hmmm

I'd have thought yours is a wholly realistic interpretation of the situation.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:40:33 »

I'd have thought yours is a wholly realistic interpretation of the situation.

No big name manager (a la Adkins) is going to be attracted by a model of sustainability. Lets be honest, being in league 1 puts paid to that anyway.

I'd like to think we could a attract a Tisdale type, but obviously paying for an in work manager is unrealistic.

Fear getting a stitch up like Newell, or a desperation manager like Sanchez.

We'll see.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #934 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:44:22 »

I have a horrible feeling that we are going to be lumbered with someone that will:

Not cost much/is currently unemployed (for a good reason)/has not got much of a track record/is an easy option.

Delete above as applicable.

Why do I say this? because looking at the make up of Seebeck 87 after the dust has settled a little does not fill me with a great deal of optimism, and I have the horrible feeling that the only thing that really interests them is ground redevelopment and the football side of things is not their highest priority.

If that is the case then they will be walking away much sooner than later, as everyone else has found in the past redevlopment is tied up in too much red tape and correspondingly will cost a great deal more money than anticipated and I do not get the impression that they are anywhere near being close to the millions that Andrew Black had at his disposal.

Prepared to be shot down in flames and say I am wrong, but my sixth sense in niggling me something rotten!

Hmmm
And all of this is based upon any facts? No it isn't.

We know virtually fuck all about any of the new owners yet some fans still had already made their mind up that they are
a). broke
b). crap
c). in it for the develpoment money
d). not willing to spend a penny on the clubs playing budget
e). going to employ the cheapest option as a new manager
f). going to exploit the club and the fans of STFC
g). lead by the dodgiest geezer since Hitler mated with Stalin and their offspring mated with Jimmy Saville

In your case it appears that you have pretty much decided before you have even heard Jed & co speak to Swindon fans about their plans that hence they are fucking shite and we will forever regret the choice to let them into the club.

Sorry for the anger but this does totally fucking piss me off, nobody outside of their consortium know their plans or their funding whatsoever so why not just just write them off? We don't know and arent willing to wait and hear them out first before we (You) judge them.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:47:37 »

Bang on the money that, some people are just naturally glass half empty types
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:47:44 »

How about the walsall manager his team play good football and his budget is one of the smallest in the league.imagine what he could do with better resources.

I wouldn't mind Steve Davis from Crewe. He's done a great job there and they play good football.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #937 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:48:16 »

Oh and for the record I am also concerned by the new consortium because of the fact that we know nothing about them yet but won't let my judgment be clouded by what ifs until I have heard what they have to say to us.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:49:07 »

I wouldn't mind Steve Davis from Crewe. He's done a great job there and they play good football.

Would keep McPhlea busy, he demands a green baize of a pitch.
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:52:16 »

Im not really interested in what the new board have to say Monday - talk is cheap as we have found out way to many times in the past. This new lot will be judged by their actions, Ground purchase and development is the only way a club like ours will progress in the future with extra revenue streems. We just have to hope that if that does happen we dont get stitched up like Coventry and like what Sir Kassam did down the road
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:56:23 »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/swindon/next-permanent-manager

Ossie Ardiles appears randomly at 20/1.

Kevin Blackwell is still worryingly high.
kerry red

« Reply #941 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:57:23 »

When the new manager is appointed that will confirm the new board's intentions.

We will be able to tell if they intend to move us forward or will be happy for the club to stagnate and fall back.

We shouldn't have long to wait
Peter Venkman

« Reply #942 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 16:00:10 »

Kevin Blackwell is still worryingly high.
Part of this could be because reading on the Bury forums there is a good (wrong choice of words) chance that Bury could be forced into admin soon and getting rid of Blackwell as cost cutting measures.

They are currently being funded by the owner and he is said to be unhappy with the current financial predicament, they are also in a transfer m'bongo themselves.

Shame as i don't like to see any club in trouble like that.

EDIT:

Jst had their 2nd transfer m'bongo imposed yesterday by the FL.

http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/22028859-second-transfer-embargo-within-three-months-bury-fc-forced-take-another-pfa-loan
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 16:03:13 by Peter Venkman » Logged

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 16:03:38 »

And all of this is based upon any facts? No it isn't.

Nope, experience!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #944 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 16:05:09 »

Nope, experience!
I think that after 39 years of following the club I too have a bit of experiece of bad owners but I NEVER write them off on the evidence of a few football forum posts from other clubs.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 104   Go Up
Print
Jump to: