Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 104   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 192390 times)
iffy

« Reply #705 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:02:12 »

I have no basis for supporting this, but I think JFH would be a cracking appointment.

I can't see him as a disciplinarian, somehow. Someone said that making Thierry Henry captain of Arsenal was like letting your cat guard your house. I feel the same way about JFH.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:05:49 »

It's an interesting point - will Hope Powell ever manage a men's team? I don't think so, personally.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:06:04 »

Agree Iffy, where's the basis for JFH being a decent prospect as a manager? We have a good track record of taking punts on novices, but JFH, really?  
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:08:05 »

It's an interesting point - will Hope Powell ever manage a men's team? I don't think so, personally.

We've been ahead of the curve before and imagine the media hype surrounding the appointment. Women would flock to the County Ground and we'd become a global phenonomen.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:08:45 »

Agree Iffy, where's the basis for JFH being a decent prospect as a manager? We have a good track record of taking punts on novices, but JFH, really?  
Ardiles wasn't exactly Mike Tyson was he..
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:12:13 »

Ardiles wasn't exactly Mike Tyson was he..

Ardiles was a World Cup winning medalist who had hero status at one of this country's pedigree clubs. A man who smiled in the face of adverse reaction towards him during the Falkland's conflict. That was the true measure of the man.

Jimmy fucking who?
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #711 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:13:53 »

We've been ahead of the curve before and imagine the media hype surrounding the appointment. Women would flock to the County Ground and we'd become a global phenonomen.
A woman managing a mens football team? Recipe for disaster.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:17:01 »

It's never been done before, maybe the time has come, disregard all preconceptions of how they will get changed infront of her. She can have the physio room whilst they get showered and then she will deliver a Herculean speech. We will be front page material all over the World.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:17:38 »

Ardiles was a World Cup winning medalist who had hero status at one of this country's pedigree clubs. A man who smiled in the face of adverse reaction towards him during the Falkland's conflict. That was the true measure of the man.

Jimmy fucking who?

129 goals in 288 Premier League appearances would suggest he knows a thing or two about football and that
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:22:35 »

what's Onuora up to these days ?

I come from a land down-under
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:32:32 »

129 goals in 288 Premier League appearances would suggest he knows a thing or two about football and that

Is he a motivator? He came across in post match interviews as a bit damp cerebrally. Our expectation levels are through the stratosphere. Edgar Davids was a much hyped appointment at Barnet, but where did that get them? Nowhere!

Glossy appointment with no substance. I, and many like me, would prefer someone with substance and drive.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:35:44 »

Edgar Davids lived locally and was coaching local level football.  He is a firm believer in offering his skills to the community he lives in so that's why he ended up at Barnet, not because they fancied a some ubber coach.
JFH has been going through the coaching qualifications and seems pretty switched on when he does media stuff these days.
Again, there is little to suggest he'd be any good or shit, I just fancy it for some reason.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:36:34 »

Paolo never exactly came across as a Mensa candidate either. In fact, you'll struggle to find a footballer who can string a sentence together without chucking in the odd "umm" or "like". Davids has only had 22 games as manager, give him a chance to prove something first!

FWIW, I don't think JFH would be the right appointment at this moment in time.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:38:56 »

Is he a motivator? He came across in post match interviews as a bit damp cerebrally. Our expectation levels are through the stratosphere. Edgar Davids was a much hyped appointment at Barnet, but where did that get them? Nowhere!

Glossy appointment with no substance. I, and many like me, would prefer someone with substance and drive.

You clearly post just to wind people up, not getting involved mate. You are a colossal bell-end.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 10:39:26 »

How old are you? 160? You know there's been a whole century of women proving the "A woman doing a man's job" prejudice is completely unfounded. It would be a brilliant progressive move that would bring loads of the right kind of publicity to the club even on a global scale, writing STFC into football and social history.

However, all this comes with one crucial proviso: that she deserves it on her own merits. She seems like a tough cookie, but you'd have to say that if she really wanted to go down that path, she'd probably need to start by proving herself with a coaching position in the male game.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 104   Go Up
Print
Jump to: