Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 104   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 192395 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:08:03 »

Smart money is on Buckle and Newell as his assistant!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:17:32 »

Smart money is on Buckle and Newell as his assistant!
Define smart!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:18:11 »

Although I like the bodin and think he's capable, bodin getting the job, even in a temporary basis worries me. This is due to the friction he had with di  canio and him having little to do with the first team due to that friction. Would make things difficult imo. We need a capable man with his own backroom staff ready to start asap. The team is in a great position and just needs handing over to a fresh manager.I do think it will be the ex luton lot as the incoming fella will know them and will want to act quickly, which isn't ideal. 
Flashheart

« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:21:54 »

Anyone mentioned McCormack yet?

I'm inclined to agree, at least until the season's over.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:27:58 »

See what happens as soon as Dux leaves?  Kiss

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:33:13 »

Players taking over is a big ask. Not in favour myself at this time.
Andy King

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:37:04 »

Hi there.

Just to clear up any confusion, Jed isn't looking to bring Martin King as a director but has been in touch with me to undertake a director of football role. I guess the confusion may be around our surnames.

Jed intends to appoint Mike Newell as manager. I have said this is ok as long as I can bring my mate Mike Walsh back as senior cone collector and Sammy Igoes as youth team manager. Bodin's compensation may prove to be a stumbling block.

I wish this could be resolved quickly guys, but you know how these things work. Sam is dragging his heals a bit until the club can get an Age 14 tracksuit back in stock just for him. I've told him to go on a Razor Ruddock diet just in case. I'm also seeking special dispensation from the FA which would allow me to smoke a cigar during games. I've tried chewing tobacco and those electronic cigarettes and both do it less for me then my Mrs.

Hopefully see you all soon.

Love Kingy x
Flashheart

« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:37:40 »

See what happens as soon as Dux leaves?  Kiss

Ha ha

Fuck off you cum gargling spakktard  Wink

That's more like it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 11:22:27 »

i'd be surprised if Newell got a job anywhere in football, let alone McDonalds, with this kind of record:

Hartlepool United
Newell replaced Chris Turner as manager of Hartlepool United during the 2002–03 season, when Hartlepool were top of Division Three. After horrendous away form, the club lost a 16 point lead it held, though promotion as runners-up was still sealed. After this, and many personal differences between Newell and the board at Hartlepool, Newell's contract was not renewed in the summer of 2003, and he was replaced by Neale Cooper.

Luton Town
Newell's relationship with Luton turned sour after a poor start to the 2006–07 season, in which he criticised chairman Bill Tomlins' running of the club. Newell was sacked by Luton in March 2007 after criticising the club's board for not investing enough money into the club.
Following a match against Queens Park Rangers on 11 November 2006 Newell criticised female assistant referee, Amy Rayner, using so-called sexist comments, and later apologised. He also criticised the chairman of Luton Town FC, Bill Tomlins.

Grimsby Town
he began court proceedings to sue Grimsby and John Fenty, claiming he was owed £53,845.61 in loss of earnings as well as claiming a drunk Fenty had slammed a chair on the floor and pulled on Newell's tie following his final game in charge.

the bloke sounds like a fucking bellend
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 11:26:50 »

Yep, even more reason to keep well clear.

Whilst not as volatile Paul Hart had afucking terrible record and well, you know the rest...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 11:29:00 »

I have reservations around the potential of being too "matey" with his colleagues, the potential effect on form with extra responsibility, and how he would cope in finding new players (though the deal will doubtlessly be finalised upon the slamming of the window).

He could be brilliant of course, I feel we need someone with a bit more experience - and Bodin until then.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:25:33 »

No immediate decision will be taken and in the interim the Board will be discussing the matter with senior members of the playing squad to maintain consistency and be fully prepared for the next two home League One fixtures

Next TWO home games?!

This could go horribly wrong!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:26:06 »

Looks like Macca and Ward (or some combination of senior pros) for the next few matches/until the takeover is done after all

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/managerupdate-667944.aspx

there is already plenty of speculation as to who the next manager of Swindon Town Football Club will be.

No immediate decision will be taken and in the interim the Board will be discussing the matter with senior members of the playing squad to maintain consistency and be fully prepared for the next two home League One fixtures.

EDIT: Beat me to it Sippo. Think this is the right course of action for the immediate future.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:27:10 »

I seem to recall that, the last time we were mangerless, some muppet appointed a totally untested furriner called Paolo DeCaneloni or similar.

I think that worked out OK for a week or so.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:27:58 »

Nice to finally get some news flowing. Seems sensible enough to me.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 104   Go Up
Print
Jump to: