Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 104   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 192501 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:49:21 »

Bradley Wright Phillips has apparently gone to Brentford on loan.

Buckle is now favourite for the job.

Leaving you with those two delightful bits of info, I'm off to bed.  What on earth will tomorrow bring?  Quite honestly, I dread to think!
For what it's worth, I never picked up on you using the C word but you might want to use that bar of soap as a reminder before you retire for the night  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:52:18 »

For what it's worth, I never picked up on you using the C word but you might want to use that bar of soap as a reminder before you retire for the night  Smiley

Two nuns in a bath, one says "where's the soap", the other says "it does a bit doesn't it.".
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 23:59:57 »

Two nuns in a bath, one says "where's the soap", the other says "it does a bit doesn't it.".
I thought about that before I pressed the post button but thought " That sounds alright, Jo will know what I mean "  Grin
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 00:37:13 »

Buckle now 8/11.

Watching these odds fluctuate is quite entertaining ;-)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 00:41:48 »

I miss being single Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 01:10:43 »

If Adkins wants it then he'd be my first pick. If he aint after it then I'd speak to hockaday as he's worked his way up well. Hoddle seems to rarely  get mentioned for jobs  but he's good and has history here.  Any one of them three and I'd be happy, but it's going to be someone ex luton innit
kerry red

« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 07:41:26 »

One Two Paul Buckle My Shoe
Three Four My Mouth Hit The Floor
Five Six What A Bunch Of Pricks
Seven Eight Wall Of Hate
Nine Ten Start Over Again
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 07:47:43 »

I'd go for Adkins as well if he wants it...which he probably wouldn't

I come from a land down-under
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 08:08:40 »

Interesting to see that one of the reasons that Owen Coyle turned down Blackpool, was because he wanted to take his former backroom staff there and Blackpool didn't like that idea.

Well Owen there's now plenty of room at the CG for you and all of you staff,how about it?

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 08:20:34 »

Of course we know all this is completely premature until the fucking takeover gets cunting well approved.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 09:08:16 »

Newell got the sack at Grimsby for gross misconduct,made up a load of bollocks about being assaulted by the chairman and took them to a tribunal claiming £56,000 in unpaid salary.The tribunal decided quite quickly that his version of events was a fairy story and awarded him £5000,a months salary which was due to him anyway.If we get stuck with him,which i doubt,i am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt because i love STFC ,we're better than any manager or chairman who come and go like the weather
kerry red

« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 09:17:30 »

I can only think of one reason why the new board would want to appoint a failure of a manager at Conference level to a club at the top of League 1

They want a compliant yes-man who wont throw a wobbly when our best players are sold and to be replaced by cheap crap. They wont care if we win, lose or draw as their sole intention is to squeeze every last penny they can out of the club before leaving us high, dry and well and truly butt-fucked
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 09:27:27 »

The only name I have heard this morning that fills me with any kind of confidence is Owen Coyle.  But we're kind of getting ahead of ourselves.  We need to know more about the owners and their plans before the identity of (or even the kind of) manager we will be able to attract is known.

It is an odd one, though.  Very rarely would an opportunity like this present itself to a prospective manager: the chance to take on a top of the table side and a squad of players with excellent team spirit with just ¼ of the season to go.

So long as the new owners are not intending to Lutonise us with an uninspiring Newell-style appointment, this is a job/challenge that would certainly be of interest to any aspiring manager.  On top of that, we have a history/track record as a club of being able to attract impressive names to the manager's position.  This is why this is going to be a pivotal appointment for Jed and his pals...but one that they could fluff quite badly if they're not careful.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 09:32:26 »

Just me who doesn't want Coyle then.

I think the best option for the next 14 games is McCormack and Ward but that still leaves us short of technical staff and I suppose we want both of those to fully focused on playing.

fuck it
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 09:33:59 »

I wonder what amazements await us today? Joey Bumchum applies for the managerial vacancy perhaps? The entire playing staff resign? The Football League ratify the takeover? (the last point is a bit far-fetched, I grant you).

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 104   Go Up
Print
Jump to: