Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 104   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 192369 times)
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:31:32 »

Hockaday is an interesting one and one of the favourites with the bookies. He hasn't set the world alight at FGR but has some solid coaching credentials at Watford, and has the ex player factor

I'm not his agent, nor am I calling for his appointment, but when you say he hasn't set the world alight at Forest Green are you aware that they are currently third in the Conference, two points off the top, ahead of Newport, Mansfield, Macclesfield, Luton, Cambridge, Hereford and Stockport?

Getting a club the size of Forest Green into the Conference play-offs would be one hell of an achievement.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:33:13 »

Mike Newell in now the 2/1 fav on Skybet!

Let's hope they know no more than we do.  (To be fair, they are probably looking on here and a few other places to get their odds.)  If this does turn in to a Luton pals reunion with Jed acting as everyone's-best-mate-in-chief, I can't see it lasting long.

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:36:41 »

They will alter their odds based on bets made. Money is clearly going on newell
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:42:13 »

I do believe there was a thread some days back predicting this exact scenario...
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:47:01 »

I think Adkins it is realistic to be a L1 manager again.  Was it realistic for him to be a PL manager?  You wouldn't have thought so two years ago.

The problem with Adkins is that he is probably still on the Southampton payroll until he finds gainful employment elsewhere and if you were him, would you take the job here?

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:09:24 »

I'm not his agent, nor am I calling for his appointment, but when you say he hasn't set the world alight at Forest Green are you aware that they are currently third in the Conference, two points off the top, ahead of Newport, Mansfield, Macclesfield, Luton, Cambridge, Hereford and Stockport?

Getting a club the size of Forest Green into the Conference play-offs would be one hell of an achievement.
And playing the style of footy they are so doing!!
iffy

« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:16:30 »

Piccaretta in Italian translates as "John Gorman"
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:27:53 »

Let's hope they know no more than we do.  (To be fair, they are probably looking on here and a few other places to get their odds.) 

It's all speculation at the moment, the odds are basically educated guess work, much like the posts on here, but motivated by desire to turn profit rather than unearth Swindon's Bill Shankley

All we can be sure of is one thing.

Somewhere in the Netherlands, a Combative former midfielder and erstwhile Dutch under 21 international is giving his CV the final once over, polishing his cover letter and preparing to hit 'Send'.
He's a nervous yet excited glint in his eye, that says 'this time, surely this time'.
Barry Scott

« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:51:59 »

It's all speculation at the moment, the odds are basically educated guess work, much like the posts on here, but motivated by desire to turn profit rather than unearth Swindon's Bill Shankley

All we can be sure of is one thing.

Somewhere in the Netherlands, a Combative former midfielder and erstwhile Dutch under 21 international is giving his CV the final once over, polishing his cover letter and preparing to hit 'Send'.
He's a nervous yet excited glint in his eye, that says 'this time, surely this time'.

I'd love him as manager. Something about him says he'd be the man for the job. If not, I'd be happy with FP. I'd also not be happy with Bodin at the helm.
Flashheart

« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:54:44 »

Sky Bet ‏@SkyBet
As requested, we have added Paolo Di Canio to our next Swindon manager betting: http://sky.me/Yk3uZG  Mike Newell currently 5/2 fav. #STFC
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:56:18 »

Piccaretta in Italian translates as "John Gorman"

Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:12:07 »

Is the Newell based upon any fact or just the fact that he may/or may not have links to the consortium.

I have no idea why but I would have Nijholt here...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:13:39 »

I really do think the next appointment is as critical as it was when Hoddle left, at the time the board went for better the devil you know and appointed Gorman and we all know what happened then, we need to keep moving forard and build on the good work Paolo has done

I don't know Piccaretta and I dont know what sort of a coach he is, I think he is fine short term but depending on the ambition of the new board we need to be serious about this.

We all know that once Paolo finds a new club - and he will in time - then his staff will follow him
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:17:00 »

i'm starting a Solskjær to Swindon campaign, who is with me?
Flashheart

« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:17:16 »

Is the Newell based upon any fact

No, and it has been rubbished by Jed.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 104   Go Up
Print
Jump to: