Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Portsmouth FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22009 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:02:32 »

Agree with those who said pompey were shit in the first half and we matched them. I don;t have the Ferry love that everyone else seems to have but having him alongisde Hollands changed the game. Miller and Hollands didn't work. As for Collins, what a performance.
I bet Carlisle are looknig forward to their visit on Saturday.  
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:08:07 »

Have we ever had three 5-0 wins on the trot?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:12:28 »

Chap on BBC Wilts said we had a 5-0, 6-2 (v Merthyr), and then I think a 5-1 hatrick of consecutive wins back in the 60s. It was also said that Don Rogers scored a quicker hatrick for us than Mr Collins.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:16:41 »

It was Nov 1965.  The 6-2 win vs Merthyr in the Cup was played on the weekend between the Reading (5-0) and Mansfield (6-2) victories.

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Results.asp?Season=1965-1966
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:17:41 »

Just dug it out on swindon-town-fc.co.uk

6 NOV

Reading (Home)

5 - 0

Lawton, Rogers 3, Brown

Merthyr Tydfil (Home) FA CUP

5 - 1

East 4, Smart

20 NOV

Mansfield Town (Home)

6 - 2

East 5, Rogers

woolster

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:28:06 »

They ran out of hot food before the game at the kiosk in the DRS

Fucking joke
and in the arkells
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:36:10 »

Perhaps we were spoilt with Jeremy Wray, who I would have back at the drop of a hat, but he does come across as a dour sort of guy and I still have no idea how his diplomacy skills have helped us thus far or will in the future.
Sorry Shaw Rosso, but quoting your message to make a few points about Patey's interview today:

- I didn't hear him say anything about the current owners leaving. What he did say that Black didn't have any more cash to put into the club at this time. Everyone at the club was pleased with what the team had achieved so far, which had been made difficult by significant injuries. He paid tribute to the efforts of PDC and his team. He finished by saying that there wouldn't be significant additions to the squad in January. He also highlighted that the recent investment by Black (which enabled Hollands and Martin to be brought in) was starting to bear fruit.

- PaulD made reference to Patey saying something about the dream being new owners. The context around this was that it would be nice to have someone come to the club that had millions to throw at it, but that is not reality. What the current owners need to do is to make sure that the club is financially stable.

- Patey's diplomatic skills: As a diplomat sometimes you don't have to be incredibly slimey and slippery and give in to people. Sometimes you have to be authoritative and stand your ground. Patey seems to be putting a firm line to PDC to say that the owners are not putting in more money - deal with it. I think that he has got an understanding with PDC now. (A different working relationship than PDC had with Wray no doubt!) Patey realises that PDC wants clarity and he has told us that he has given PDC clarity. He has told the media that there is no money for big transfers and PDC has been talking in the same way in recent interviews

- Having Jeremy Wray back: Loved his passion and openness - who didn't ? I think he fell in love with the footballing side of the club. He delivered success on the pitch through backing PDC. Patey is overseeing the boring and more mundane stuff - Financial prudence and stability during a deep quadruple dip (or whatever it is) recession.

- No news on the new ground: He has said before that he isn't going to discuss the minutiae. He did say that he would give news if and when something substantial happened. Well, its been Christmas, so I'm not surprised to hear that nothing has happened since November - Especially when he is only employed for several days per month.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:46:01 »

Hmmm
Just dug it out on swindon-town-fc.co.uk

6 NOV

Reading (Home)

5 - 0

Lawton, Rogers 3, Brown

Merthyr Tydfil (Home) FA CUP

5 - 1

East 4, Smart

20 NOV

Mansfield Town (Home)

6 - 2

East 5, Rogers

So i am guessing East didn't start v Reading?... Hmmm
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:46:56 »

They ran out of hot food before the game at the kiosk in the DRS

Fucking joke

Probably a blessing
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:49:59 »

- PaulD made reference to Patey saying something about the dream being new owners. The context around this was that it would be nice to have someone come to the club that had millions to throw at it, but that is not reality. What the current owners need to do is to make sure that the club is financially stable.

What I though he said was the "dream scenario" for next season would be championship football and new owners/investors (but that none had yet been found). He may not have meant Black wants out, but you could easily read it that way, it certainly made me wonder.

That said, I think we all knew that PDCs spending was unsustainable, that stability comes first and that we shouldn't make a crisis out of something until there is reason to.

Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:50:29 »

East didn't start:

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19660117
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:50:57 »

Stick to the burger vans outside, better in every aspect

Did you know the gypos who run the van use horse meat, most of which is captured near Lydiard Park? Still, at least its local produce.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:52:02 »

Did you know the gypos who run the van use horse meat, most of which is captured near Lydiard Park? Still, at least its local produce.

At least its meat!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:52:28 »

Neighhhhh...that cannot be right surely.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 19:57:19 »

Think people are reading too much into Patey's comments.

The first half was very poor, lacked urgency and effort for a side with 10 days rest and Williams should have taken that chance early on. Ferry improved us but Collins was incredible, took all of his goals calmly and with ease. Very impressed with Ward who reminded me of Greer.

Martin looked like a player who doesn't want his loan extended.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: