Pages: 1 ... 2806 2807 2808 [2809] 2810 2811 2812 ... 3978   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8994209 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #42120 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 09:23:00 »

While Payne has been one of the best performers in recent weeks, I will be staggered if he is championship quality.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #42121 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 09:29:02 »

I like Payne but £300k? rip their arm off, hes not worth even half that figure.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #42122 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 09:40:05 »

It's a surprising move, but Barnsley have a great recruitment model which identifies hidden gems at a bargain, so must be something he's doing to attract them!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #42123 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 09:54:23 »

Barnsley forum.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/jack-payne.303518/

Panda Paws

« Reply #42124 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 09:55:46 »

Good for him. Any player who has an option to go any where else will. If half the shit they're going through was made public, they'd be spared even the slightest of criticism they're currently receiving.

Every player with an alternative will go, and fair play to them.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #42125 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 09:59:10 »

Brain Howard left for Barnsley and done well there for 4 seasons.

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #42126 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 11:03:03 »

Good for him. Any player who has an option to go any where else will. If half the shit they're going through was made public, they'd be spared even the slightest of criticism they're currently receiving.

Every player with an alternative will go, and fair play to them.

Bang on
Peter Venkman

« Reply #42127 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 11:14:26 »

Bang on
TBF this would happen anyway even if we were safely in mid table.

Can't blame any player from wanting to better themselves at a bigger better club with more wages too.

We have always been a selling club irrelevant of current ownership issues. When a club come in with an offer we will take it, for any player.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #42128 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 11:52:23 »

Peterborough & Norwich would be two good examples who develop players and sell them on for big profits 

So, give no fucks
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #42129 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 11:58:44 »

Payne is like Isgrove, a few of them about. Surely it's better to offer £300k for Twine.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Peter Venkman

« Reply #42130 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 12:04:23 »

Peterborough & Norwich would be two good examples who develop players and sell them on for big profits 
Peterborough are a bit different as they tend to search non league more often than not for players and are willing to pay a decent fee in the hope of them developing them into good players and selling for a good profit, they have done this many times over the years and is a good model.

We rely upon picking up freebies and hoping they improve.

We used to be willing to pay up front fees but normally to higher league clubs youngsters, even under Power, but that seems to have stopped in the last couple of years. Gladwin and Luongo were cases in point, but for every Luongo you get several like Rodgers, BOO, Goddard, Murray, Starkey, Hylton, Norris etc etc several of those we actually spent money on.

Crewe are a great example of bring youngsters through from youth teams and selling on for large fees, as we have gone through many times in the past on the TEF.

There are way more clubs that want to be like that than actually achieve it though.

With the TV money not filtering down much to the lower leagues it will be the only way some clubs will survive, selling on to Championship clubs, very rarely will a club down here sell to a Premier League team, unless they are recently promoted there.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #42131 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 12:07:30 »

I guess Power tried buying a couple of non league players but was unsuccessful

So, give no fucks
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #42132 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 15:02:45 »

Brain Howard left for Barnsley and done well there for 4 seasons.

More like Andy King refused to offer Brian Howard a new contract and he went on to laugh until the end of his career about it. If I remember rightly, Sandy Gray's exact words within the public statement were 'We were a little confused with Brian's comments this morning that he had rejected a contract with us, because we never offered him one.. But we wish him all the best and thank him for his services'

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #42133 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 15:04:24 »

I like Payne but £300k? rip their arm off, hes not worth even half that figure.

He's OK but I don't think he's anything more than an average L1 player at best. Works hard but rarely has anything to show for it! If they offer £300k, as you say, rip their arm off and send him in the post 1st class..

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42134 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 15:15:00 »

More like Andy King refused to offer Brian Howard a new contract and he went on to laugh until the end of his career about it. If I remember rightly, Sandy Gray's exact words within the public statement were 'We were a little confused with Brian's comments this morning that he had rejected a contract with us, because we never offered him one.. But we wish him all the best and thank him for his services'

Think we put all ours eggs in one basket by offering Grant Smith a bumper deal (which meant not keeping Howard) to stay.
Then he left on a free for Bristol City & we back tracked offered Howard something....

That’s my recollection anyway.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 15:17:49 by DV Canio » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 2806 2807 2808 [2809] 2810 2811 2812 ... 3978   Go Up
Print
Jump to: