Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: because it's not racist to oppose mass immigration and political correctness  (Read 10554 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #45 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 22:28:17 »

I agree we should exit Europe, but if UKIP achive that then what next for them. Its one dimensional politics like Green and BNP. My parents moved over here from Ireland post war as economic migrants. My dad never had a day on the dole. The BNP would call them Bog Wogs. The problem at the moment is that the current expenses scandal will play right into the hands of the minority parties. I really can see the BNP doing very well - I don't think I  could vote for a party who would hate my parents because of where they come from withuot knowing they were actually hard working people who did their best so their children could have a good life. My father was a builders labourer, my mother a cleaner. Both jobs that nobody else wanted. Sound familiar.
santasdead

« Reply #46 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 23:15:38 »

Natural resources? Can you explain what you mean and how it relates to immigration?

I'm suggesting TalkTalk is refering to natural resources being related to the production of crops and the rearing of animals -i.e the ability to have food. we have a restricted amount of land avaliable to farmers ,so the amount of crop produced is limited. If the population increases (due to immigration) then the demand for crops and meat will increase. demand increase & the same land means food shortage. As a country there is a limit to the amount of food that is produced, however in the past decade or so we have over produced, so we could allow for an increase in population at which the farmers can grow satisfactory food for.

The problems come when the demand for food increases and we can't cope, what do we do? we buy from abroad. produce + shipping + distribution = £££'s probably tax payers money, probably where the immigrants don't pay as much so it is us britons who pay for letting them come freely into the country.

on the thread front, im opposed to mass immigration, does that make me racist? i don't think so. why can't we adopt an australian style immigration policy. our british population is increasing with birth rates raising and death age increasing, we need to have jobs for the next generations of british people. with the recession cutting jobs, we will shoot ourselves in the foot if we just allow foreigners in willy nilly because over time us british will be renowned as being inadequetly trained or experienced for certain jobs or areas in society.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, May 22, 2009, 23:24:35 »

Blah, Blah.....nobody cares about peoples opinions on this matter.  Bye
Talk Talk

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 06:46:25 »

I'm suggesting TalkTalk is refering to natural resources being related to the production of crops and the rearing of animals -i.e the ability to have food. we have a restricted amount of land avaliable to farmers ,so the amount of crop produced is limited. If the population increases (due to immigration) then the demand for crops and meat will increase. demand increase & the same land means food shortage. As a country there is a limit to the amount of food that is produced, however in the past decade or so we have over produced, so we could allow for an increase in population at which the farmers can grow satisfactory food for.

The problems come when the demand for food increases and we can't cope, what do we do? we buy from abroad. produce + shipping + distribution = £££'s probably tax payers money, probably where the immigrants don't pay as much so it is us britons who pay for letting them come freely into the country.

Good post and yes, that was what I meant. I haven't got any time for Jonathon Porritt (enviro-Nazi) and his suggestions that we should have selective neutering to reduce the UK population, but the OPT's figures are right - I researched this a few years back and this was the general consensus in the literature:

For the UK, a sustainable population is estimated at between 17 and 27 million – less than half the current total and between a third and a fifth of the 85 million who will be living in the country in the last quarter of this century, according to the most recent Government projections.

The size of the discrepancy between the UK’s actual population and the number of people it could support sustainably is a result of its affluence combined with a high population density, the paper says. The wealth and population density of the UK mean that its ecological footprint is 3.5 times greater than its biocapacity. If the whole world consumed and generated waste like the UK, it would require 3.5 (an additional 2.5) planets to sustain the human race.

http://www.peopleandplanet.net/doc.php?id=3292

on the thread front, im opposed to mass immigration, does that make me racist? i don't think so. why can't we adopt an australian style immigration policy. our british population is increasing with birth rates raising and death age increasing, we need to have jobs for the next generations of british people. with the recession cutting jobs, we will shoot ourselves in the foot if we just allow foreigners in willy nilly because over time us british will be renowned as being inadequetly trained or experienced for certain jobs or areas in society.

Indeed. It is interesting that actually the fertility rate is less than parity (fewer babies than parents) but because the population is increasing at a frightening rate - yes, from immigration, the UK's was 55M when I was at school, it's now over 60M - there are more babies being born. And as SD says, longevity is increasing as well.
Talk Talk

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 06:52:42 »

PS the 'biocapacity' thing isn't just the ability to produce food, it is also concerned with energy production, water resources, waste disposal capacity etc.
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 07:30:42 »

I would just like to say that I am a reformed right winger however if you want I am more than versed in rightwing arugments and can take ironsides place if you want but it doesn't mean I belive in it.

I would like to say however that having different views on immergration to the left wing does not make you a rascist. We are a rich country and people from poorer conutries will always try and reach our shores. These people should not be enitled to benfits, houses etc as they have not contributed to the country in any way.

Any how it's far to nice a day to bang on about this shit. The overriding fact is that it is all shit as the world is fucked gobal warming etc and we are all gonna die in a huge war when the oil runs out.

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 09:04:53 »

more muslims means more pork for me - bring them on!!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 09:43:18 »

just a few points from myself for the points raised.
if people stopped eating meat then there is plenty of land to feed everyone.
ukip will be getting my vote next month.
i agree that oil,or lack of will lead to alot more trouble yet.
it's a fucking glorious day so i'm off to miss some fairways.laters.......
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 09:59:29 »

The argument about leaving europe is bllody stupid. For britain to economically survive we either need to be part of the eu or the 52nd state of america. We can't survive on our own, and europe is the lesser of two evils

Things get better but they never get good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 10:27:59 »

How can you argue that food import costs are paid for by tax revenues? They're included in the price of your food! If you're that worried you should stop buying fruit, coffee, tea, rice and meat from the other side of the world, and encourage others to do the same
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 11:28:05 »

I think if everyone followed my lead; ignoring everything and being totally apathetic as to which set of self serving cunts are in power, this country, nay the World, would be a much happier place.

Why get worked up about something you can't control? If you want to change it, stand for office, don't have an embolism on a forum!

It's All Good..............
Talk Talk

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 11:37:06 »

The argument about leaving europe is bllody stupid. For britain to economically survive we either need to be part of the eu or the 52nd state of america. We can't survive on our own, and europe is the lesser of two evils

Do what? How do you think Switzerland, Norway and any other number of countries exist? We certainly can survive without the EU and we would be a lot better off out of it. See

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,34268.msg698218.html#msg698218

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 11:39:43 »

What a bunch of pompous twats you lot are. Has anyone on this site ever changed their views as a result of one of these tedious, pointless political threads?

Have they fuck.

It's All Good..............
Talk Talk

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 11:45:17 »

What a bunch of pompous twats you lot are. Has anyone on this site ever changed their views as a result of one of these tedious, pointless political threads?

Have they fuck.

Not true.

I have become a convert to fB's political philosophy since I started reading the TEF.

Having said that, I'm still not sure what it is...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 13:09:30 »

Do what? How do you think Switzerland, Norway and any other number of countries exist? We certainly can survive without the EU and we would be a lot better off out of it. See

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,34268.msg698218.html#msg698218

All those countrys have established themselves as individuals, we haven't. They've also done a lot less to rub people up the wrong way than this almighty nation has

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: