Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: strangest dismissal ever?  (Read 3736 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 15:40:02 »

just now at the warwickshire v sussex game, check it out on sky sports news this evening. Ed Joyce has just suffered the most unlucky dismissal you would ever see. Joyce swept Ant Botha, Jonathan Trott at short leg turned away to avoid getting hurt, jumping at the same time and the ball went directly into Trott's right hand trouser pocket.

The odds on it happening must be millions to one.
I've now looked at the replay several times on the SussexTV system and continue to find it quite amazing. It appeared initially that Trott didn't even know it was in his pocket.
land_of_bo

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 15:43:10 »

I thought if you caught the ball in anything other than your hand (i.e, a hat) it didn't count?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 15:44:32 »

Bring him on at Cardiff.  We could do with a few of those to dispose of Katich and Ponting.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 15:47:09 »

As long as it doesn't touch the floor it is out!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Doore

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 15:51:56 »

That's awesome.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 15:53:53 »

I seem to remember that someone was out in a Test match when the ball went into the sweater of the short leg fieldsman as he was turing away - might be wrong though

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Scot Munroe

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 16:36:47 »

I seem to remember that someone was out in a Test match when the ball went into the sweater of the short leg fieldsman as he was turing away - might be wrong though

i think it was Russel Arnold against England back in 2001. think the batsman was Marcus Trescothick.
Maguire11

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 19:20:30 »

england had a dismissal like that on their tour of sri lanka a couple of years ago i think.

i think it was michael vaughan clipped it off his hip and the fielder and short leg, fell back to avoid getting hit but actually trapped the ball in between his thighs.

Swindon Town League 2 Champions - 2012
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 19:22:59 »

was that not when the ball got traped between vaugans pad and his lefg and he was given out?

Things get better but they never get good
Maguire11

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 19:25:35 »

it might not of been vaughan but i seem to think it was (not good memory though)

there was a batsmen in that tour that the fielder caught it in his legs.

Swindon Town League 2 Champions - 2012
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 13, 2009, 17:39:07 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/8145070.stm

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
The Artist Billy Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 10:36:27 »

Gooch got given out handling the ball years ago, as it spun back towards his stumps.

Andrew Symonds blasted a straight drive at Michael Clarke at the non strikers end, hit Clarke on the foot and the ball looped up in the air straight into the fielders hands, Symonds had to go. Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: