Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 120003 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 21:06:38 »

His loan spell ends at the end of the season Rich.

From what I've heard they have to pay us to recall so at least, if it happens, we'll have some funds to get another striker in. The supporting cast is excellent and we'll score goals with or without Doyle. Probably more with him in it, but it won't be the devastating blow our rivals will hope.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 21:08:41 by Tails » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 21:28:25 »

Cheers tails.

I read and hear so much the truth gets tangled in my fragile little mind.

Smiley
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 22:26:46 »

His loan spell ends at the end of the season Rich.

From what I've heard they have to pay us to recall
Well,  not heard that before but if true, basically they have to buy him back,  pay all of his wages, then he can walk away at the end of the season ??,   even then, there's nothing to say he would score enough to get them promoted.  Great News !!!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, December 25, 2019, 13:30:21 »

Would not be at all surprised if this has already been sorted. Though for us fans it is like looking at a wrapped Christmas present without knowing what is inside the box and being told to wait until sometime in January to open it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #229 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 10:06:23 »

Would not be at all surprised if this has already been sorted. Though for us fans it is like looking at a wrapped Christmas present without knowing what is inside the box and being told to wait until sometime in January to open it.
I think this is true too. I have a feeling there is a gentlemens agreement that he won't sign until after we play them so he doesn't play against them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 10:17:36 »

I think this is true too. I have a feeling there is a gentlemens agreement that he won't sign until after we play them so he doesn't play against them.

Yep. Also if I am reading Bradford’s situation correctly, they are having a ST push for supposedly raising cash for player investment. It could be, it could also be because they actually need it for cash flow. So assuming it’s not for cash flow and therefore player enhancement, who’s to say it’s for Doyle? They may have their eyes on one or two other players to bolster their 2nd half of the season push, just like we could.

Going for a lie down now my head hurts. Not in attendance today, family commitments.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 10:44:47 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 10:17:56 »

I see someone has photoshopped one of his Instagram pics.

Shows him holding one of his kids in the air to put the star on top of their Xmas tree.

The doctored one had Wellens’ head instead of his kids and a Town crest instead of the star.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 10:30:06 »

Well clearly someone had a really fulfilling Christmas of their own.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 10:33:21 »

I see someone has photoshopped one of his Instagram pics.

Shows him holding one of his kids in the air to put the star on top of their Xmas tree.

The doctored one had Wellens’ head instead of his kids and a Town crest instead of the star.

That was legitimately his post
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 10:51:04 »

Blimey. He’s really burning his bridges. Can’t be much doubt now where he’s at now!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 10:57:24 »

Cheers tails.

I read and hear so much the truth gets tangled in my fragile little mind.

Smiley
Both Clubs have kept their cards very close to their chests so I think the only thing anyone knows for sure is that it is a season long loan with a window in January for it to be reviewed, which apparently is standard procedure.

Personally, I don't think he would have said the following if he thought there was any chance he'd be going back...(in addition to the Instagram thing)

"I'd be disappointed if I did have to go back. I don't think I suit them [Bradford], they don't suit me, and this is where I want to be.

"It's a season-long loan, it was made clear to me at the start of the season.

"I want to be here. I'm not being nasty or anything - I hope Bradford go up as well. I just hope I'm doing it with Swindon and they're doing it off their own back."

He's essentially told them to fuck off  Hmmm
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, December 26, 2019, 11:12:24 »

Two and a half minutes in  Smiley

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 15:26:49 »

I think we are rapidly approaching the stage where losing Doyle won’t stop us getting automatic.

I’m expecting him to be recalled, see no reason Bradford wouldn’t but I don’t think it will stop us now. We create so many chances that we have enough goals in us to get over the line. Plus Power/Wellens/Jewell will already have a plan B in place.

Obviously don’t want to see him go back but won’t be a massive blow if he does IMO
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 17:26:25 »

I think we are rapidly approaching the stage where losing Doyle won’t stop us getting automatic.

I’m expecting him to be recalled, see no reason Bradford wouldn’t but I don’t think it will stop us now. We create so many chances that we have enough goals in us to get over the line. Plus Power/Wellens/Jewell will already have a plan B in place.

Obviously don’t want to see him go back but won’t be a massive blow if he does IMO

Even if he did stay the others would have to chip in a bit more anyway as the current ratio would be difficult to maintain over a whole season.
Doyle's goals have been the difference between top of the league and mid table.
As you say, top three auto place is within range but the prospect of potentially getting there with two different strike pairings is intriguing.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 17:47:35 »

of course him going back would be a massive blow. I have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

(I mean that without malice)

Yates will score some, we know Anderson and Woolery are a little bit fits and starts.

and yes Doyle will slow down.

plan B would have to be of Yates goalscoring contribution.

but it's out of our hands whatever
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: