Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 120006 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 11:34:06 »

I think the point was supposed to be that Leeds only seemingly ‘travel’ in numbers because they have supporters everywhere.

Rather than Leeds away support being the same hardcore x amount who go to every away game.

Which, is quite frankly rubbish. Leeds are a well supported club with a huge number of die hards who travel the country.

Couldn't agree more.

However Leeds as a City alone has 500k people and only 1 football club in the City which clearly helps their numbers. Same with Bradford with 350k people. Sheffield has 520k people but 2 clubs so could be argued Wednesday and United are better supported, if you are the kind of person that bothers about things like these.

I don't, so I am not really sure why I spent 2 minutes of my life researching!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #151 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 10:12:21 »

“It is a season-long loan. That’s what was indicated to me at the start of the season.

“I don’t want to go back, I want to be here. Hopefully that is the case come January and February.” - Eoin Doyle.

I know it's not up to Doyle, but you'd think most managers would be reluctant to recall any player that has unequivocally stated he does not want to return there.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #152 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 10:16:08 »

“It is a season-long loan. That’s what was indicated to me at the start of the season.

“I don’t want to go back, I want to be here. Hopefully that is the case come January and February.” - Eoin Doyle.

I know it's not up to Doyle, but you'd think most managers would be reluctant to recall any player that has unequivocally stated he does not want to return there.
Absolutely, I saw his interview on BBC breakfast this morning and he seems like he genuinely wants to be here and not go back, "Bradford didn't suit me and I don't suit Bradford" says it all really.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 10:19:57 »

Don't think he'll go back there. Still worried they might sell him to someone else. We need to buy him in Jan
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 10:22:40 »

Don't think he'll go back there. Still worried they might sell him to someone else. We need to buy him in Jan

Would be strange insofar as he can't play for anyone else this season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 10:27:10 »

Would be strange insofar as he can't play for anyone else this season.
Not in England no, but they could sell him to a Scottish or overseas side. Not wildly likely as most buying clubs won't want a player who'd rather stay here, but let's just buy him and rule out the ifs and buts
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 10:43:28 »

Couldn't agree more.

However Leeds as a City alone has 500k people and only 1 football club in the City which clearly helps their numbers. Same with Bradford with 350k people. Sheffield has 520k people but 2 clubs so could be argued Wednesday and United are better supported, if you are the kind of person that bothers about things like these.

I don't, so I am not really sure why I spent 2 minutes of my life researching!

Off on a bit of a tangent, but I was talking to some of my missus's family from Keighley the other week, I had always assumed that Keighley being West Yorkshire would be a strongly Bradford/Leeds supporting town, however apparently (and surprisingly) histoircally Burnley supporters prevail.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 10:44:41 »

Off on a bit of a tangent, but I was talking to some of my missus's family from Keighley the other week, I had always assumed that Keighley being West Yorkshire would be a strongly Bradford/Leeds supporting town, however apparently (and surprisingly) histoircally Burnley supporters prevail.
That's odd, not often you get crossover between the roses, other than via people moving etc.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 10:50:52 »

I wonder if it's anything to do with Rugby League.... Keighley Cougars don't like Bulls and probably not too keen on Rhinos.

Keighley-Worth railway is worth an hour or two of anybody's time...

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 10:59:29 »

That's odd, not often you get crossover between the roses, other than via people moving etc.

I know it shocked me, however Burnley is nearer Keighley than you think, always shocks me when I go to Burnley and there are road signs to Keighley.

I wonder if it's anything to do with Rugby League.... Keighley Cougars don't like Bulls and probably not too keen on Rhinos.

Keighley-Worth railway is worth an hour or two of anybody's time...

Coincidentally the uncle I was talking to used to play for Keighley (not Cougars in them days) and always brings me the KWVR magazine as he prints it for them. He also rather bucks the trend as he follows Bradford!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 11:30:33 »

Not in England no, but they could sell him to a Scottish or overseas side. Not wildly likely as most buying clubs won't want a player who'd rather stay here, but let's just buy him and rule out the ifs and buts

I dont think Scotland would work?

Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a football player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season. This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America.

During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. However, a player may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season if he has moved between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (ie, start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring). This is only allowed if he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs.

so we would need to leave the UK and find a league starting in winter. I'd say it's quite remote!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 12:02:22 »

so we would need to leave the UK and find a league starting in winter. I'd say it's quite remote!

Waterford  Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 12:15:00 »

There is, of course, one big flaw in this overseas transfer bollocks

He doesn’t want to go anywhere
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 12:32:12 »

I dont think Scotland would work?

Ah my bad. Talking shite as usual Smiley Let's just buy him, then it doesn't matter
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 12:33:35 »

Coincidentally the uncle I was talking to used to play for Keighley (not Cougars in them days)
Now there's a team name that probably gets greeted with a lot more sniggers these days to when they were originally named. Do they have a large element of teenage boys in their fanbase?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: